Ben Sachar to Chelsea FC - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 06:07 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Ben Sachar to Chelsea FC

Like Benayoun, Ben Sachar is following the steps of Yossi and signed with the English Side over the weekend for $600,000 to be in there youth academy. A good move for a prodigy player who is only 16 years old. He got really great potential and i think that Israel and Chelsea can use him.

Going and playing abroad can improve his game greatly and let him be challenged as well as compete with Chelsea.

Either way, i hope that he graduates, comes to Israel. Does his IDF and plays for us at 21... thats all it matters

and with money flow for Israeli soccer, i doubt any top team in Israel can afford his service from Age 18 to 21

Hapoel TA's Sahar signs with Chelsea
By Yaniv Kobovic

Ben Sahar, a striker with Hapoel Tel Aviv's youth team, signed over the weekend for English Premier League giants Chelsea, which will pay $600,000 to bring the 16-year-old to its youth academy.

Sahar was spotted by Chelsea while playing for Israel's U16 team against Ireland two years ago and spent a brief spell with the club which was cut short because as a minor he was required to be accompanied by one of his parents.

Two months ago, Sahar's agent Pini Zahavi renewed the connection with the Premier League champion, and over the weekend, the deal was finalized as Chelsea beat off competition from Arsenal, Tottenham had Aston Villa.

Advertisement

"Ben always wanted to play for Chelsea," says Sahar's mother Batya. "He loves the club and we knew it was only a question of time before he joined."

"I feel I can succeed at Chelsea," said Sahar. "There will be tough moments but I have a strong character and I don't intend to give up. At the end of the day, I will come out stronger and the move to Chelsea will help take my career forward. I have reached a point in my career that I have dreamed about and I don't intend to take a step back."

Now that Sahar has achieved his dream of signing for Chelsea's youth academy, he is already dreaming about the senior team. "I'm already thinking about the moment when [Chelsea coach] Jose Mourinho comes to watch the youth team in training and he calls me over and tells me he is calling me up to the senior team because he liked what he saw."

Hapoel youth team coach Eyal Hayit believes Sahar can achieve his dreams at Chelsea. "He is suitable for Europe because he knows how to achieve the goals he sets himself and he is an exceptionally talented player. He is fast and has fantastic physical ability; he scores 30-40 goals a season and his ball skills are something you don't see here every day."

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2006, 01:42
Rookie

Even if he doesn't make it at Chelsea - at least he is getting a proper football education.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2006, 02:22
ags
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariksan
Even if he doesn't make it at Chelsea - at least he is getting a proper football education.
That can be fixed. Once the protectionism in Israeli coaching fades, the level of coaching will rise. The only problem is that whenever a foreign coach goes to Israel, the coaches association pisses their pants that they might be shown up by someone who might be better then they are, so they put up all these barriers.

The fans(who without them, there wouldn't even be a sport) dont even care what country you come from. They just want to win.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in