Who can beat him?

Dima, r u a fan of Khabib?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 00:40
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
wait is this the saddle meat wrestler guy or the MMA thug?

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #3 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 04:56
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Just watched it, had to wait till 10:30 over here to do so. Khabib almost goofed there with the guillotine, lucky Porter or whatever the fvck his name is didn't have full guard.

R.I.P Ari
post #4 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 07:12
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati View Post
Who can beat him?

Dima, r u a fan of Khabib?
The Tony Ferguson fight needs to happen, they're the two best Lightweights in the world and we can't say for sure until they face each other. It's hard to bet against Khabib, but Tony has a way of dragging fights into absolute chaos and he's incredibly violent. Hopefully if the UFC books it again they'll make it to the cage this time.

Outside Tony, I only really think Gregor Gillespie has a chance at LW, simply because he's the only LW who might be able to resist Khabib's takedowns and take him down himself. He needs a fight against a top 5 guy before he's ready, though.

If he moves up to WW to chase a GSP fight and to give Makhachev a chance to challenge for the LW title (as they'll never fight) , then things get interesting.

post #5 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 08:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
The Tony Ferguson fight needs to happen, they're the two best Lightweights in the world and we can't say for sure until they face each other. It's hard to bet against Khabib, but Tony has a way of dragging fights into absolute chaos and he's incredibly violent. Hopefully if the UFC books it again they'll make it to the cage this time.

Outside Tony, I only really think Gregor Gillespie has a chance at LW, simply because he's the only LW who might be able to resist Khabib's takedowns and take him down himself. He needs a fight against a top 5 guy before he's ready, though.

If he moves up to WW to chase a GSP fight and to give Makhachev a chance to challenge for the LW title (as they'll never fight) , then things get interesting.
Why not Gaethje? He's a far better striker and even though he doesn't uses grappling much, he was a NCAA Division I All-American wrestler. I would honestly see Gaethje the favorite.

Also, Khabib would never go to WW. Guys like GSP, Woodley, Usman are way too much for him. He might wait a bit until the George gets old and rusty (already is tbf) but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #6 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 09:52
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Gaethje is quite possibly my favourite fighter, he would be #3 on my list of potential Khabib problems, but I think Khabib would ultimately drown him. His wrestling is excellent, but I think you need wrestling on the level of Gillespie to stop Khabib and he doesn't really have anything off his back to threaten Khabib with, which is a big factor in Ferguson having a chance.

His immense cardio and forward pressure could give him somewhat of a chance, he's probably the LW who's least likely to get bullied up against the cage. I'd give him a 25% chance personally, which is about the same as I gave Dustin.

post #7 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 09:53
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
Why not Gaethje? He's a far better striker and even though he doesn't uses grappling much, he was a NCAA Division I All-American wrestler. I would honestly see Gaethje the favorite.

Also, Khabib would never go to WW. Guys like GSP, Woodley, Usman are way too much for him. He might wait a bit until the George gets old and rusty (already is tbf) but that's it.
He and GSP already expressed their want for the match but Dana axed the idea. GSP is more important for legacy anyway.

Agree on Gaethje tho. He and Tony are the only two that have chance. But don't see that fight happening.

"Gol del maestro, gol del monstruo, gol del fenómeno, gol del extraordinario, gol del más grande de todos, gol de Riquelme.''
post #8 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 10:08
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

GSP for legacy at this point could backfire imo, If he wins then everyone will just point to the fact that he beat a guy who's only fought once in the past 6 years, if he loses, then he loses to the same guy.

Ferguson is the legacy fight. The guy is on a 12 fight winning streak against the likes of Cowboy, Pettis, Dos Anjos, Lee, Barboza and Thomson.

post #9 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 10:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Gaethje is quite possibly my favourite fighter, he would be #3 on my list of potential Khabib problems, but I think Khabib would ultimately drown him. His wrestling is excellent, but I think you need wrestling on the level of Gillespie to stop Khabib and he doesn't really have anything off his back to threaten Khabib with, which is a big factor in Ferguson having a chance.

His immense cardio and forward pressure could give him somewhat of a chance, he's probably the LW who's least likely to get bullied up against the cage. I'd give him a 25% chance personally, which is about the same as I gave Dustin.
Ferguson 25% chance? What the...

Quote:
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #10 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 11:38
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'd give Gaethje a 25% chance.

Tony is 50/50, I have no idea what would happen in that fight.
pele10brazil likes this.

post #11 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 15:08
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
He should fight McGregor for some easy money first, don't be noobs guys.

R.I.P Ari
post #12 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 16:11
Forum Manager
Legend

I forgot Charles Oliveira. Very bad idea to hug a guy like him on the ground all match long.

Quote:

post #13 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 16:56
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Nah, he shouldn't duck Tony. Khabib Vs Tony and McGregor Vs the winner of Gaethje Vs Cowboy next weekend for #1 contender.
yeniceri likes this.

post #14 of 119 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2019, 16:57
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
I forgot Charles Oliveira. Very bad idea to hug a guy like him on the ground all match long.
I think that fight would look a lot like Makhachev Vs Ramos from last night. Charles is amazing on the ground, but he won't be able to get it there unless Khabib wants to, so Khabib would beat him on the feet, before following him to the ground when he's tired and they're both sweaty.

Imo of course.

post #15 of 119 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2019, 01:44
Star Player

Teams: Hrvatska repka
Khabib v Ferguson needs to happen. We need to see how Khabib would fare against an opponent that doesn't mind going to ground and who is capable of attacking from underneath. Not only that, but Ferguson has the stamina to last.

Don't know who would win, but it needs to happen.
yeniceri likes this.
post #16 of 119 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 19:43
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Fight fans would be very upset if he ducked Tony and went for the easy rematch.

Tony is a tricky match up for him, will be fun to watch IMO. We'll finally see if anything can stop this bulldozer.
Shpati likes this.

Buraya buraya Deli Ibo Burayaaaaaaaaa
post #17 of 119 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 19:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeniceri View Post
Fight fans would be very upset if he ducked Tony and went for the easy rematch.

Tony is a tricky match up for him, will be fun to watch IMO. We'll finally see if anything can stop this bulldozer.
There's still Gaethje.

Quote:

post #18 of 119 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 20:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I think either Otis Dozovic or Rusev could suplex him, put him in the camel clutch aka accolade, **** him in his ass and make him humble. There's apparently another -ic in NXT though not sure if he's legit or its a gimmick name

Shpati likes this.
post #19 of 119 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 20:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
I think either Otis Dozovic or Rusev could suplex him, put him in the camel clutch aka accolade, **** him in his ass and make him humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #20 of 119 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 20:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Rusev is actually a very cool guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in