Is Nikola Tesla the greatest and/or smartest engineer of all time? - Xtratime Community
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2019, 17:40 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Albania
Is Nikola Tesla the greatest and/or smartest engineer of all time?

I feel modern day scientists are jealous of Tesla.

Somebody like Neil Tyson (I refuse to say his middle name) doesn't talk highly of him and seem jealous of the "internet craze" over Tesla. On a side note, that Tyson guy is an ahole. Who needs to be address by their first, middle, and last time?

I think Tesla was the smartest in his field, but maybe not the greatest. He was quite mysterious and kept lot of stuff in his brain. Maybe he could have been the greatest if he released all his (of maybe just more) works.

Maybe that's why these guys are jealous? Because they couldn't take credit for something somebody else has started?

Also, do you think Tesla is some kind of internet hero for hipsters like Neil thinks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2019, 18:08
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati View Post
I feel modern day scientists are jealous of Tesla.

Somebody like Neil Tyson (I refuse to say his middle name) doesn't talk highly of him and seem jealous of the "internet craze" over Tesla. On a side note, that Tyson guy is an ahole. Who needs to be address by their first, middle, and last time?

I think Tesla was the smartest in his field, but maybe not the greatest. He was quite mysterious and kept lot of stuff in his brain. Maybe he could have been the greatest if he released all his (of maybe just more) works.

Maybe that's why these guys are jealous? Because they couldn't take credit for something somebody else has started?

Also, do you think Tesla is some kind of internet hero for hipsters like Neil thinks?
It's got to that point a bit, more to the detriment of Edison than to overrating Tesla. And I agree Tyson is douche who likes to smell his own farts, but at least what he does is very beneficial.

At any rate, it's hard to say Tesla is the smartest engineer of all time because that's a very loose term. You can get guys like Archimedes or Da Vinci included.

And it's also hard to define smart. If Tesla wouldn't have been screwed over, he could have well been one of the greatest/most influential inventors/engineers in history. But if you pair him with truly the most potent intellects out there (egg John von Neumann, Albert Einstein etc.) does he really hold up? It's a bit like saying Darwin was one of the most intelligent human beings of all time. He was certainly one of the most original and influential, but he doesn't belong in the same class as Newton or Archimedes as far as sheer intelligence goes imo.

It's a though and interesting subject I for one rate Tesla as one of the coolest guys of modern era. Quintessential mad scientist/misunderstood genius and it's only fitting that he never reached his potential given his EE blood
szövkap and Shpati like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2019, 18:58
Premier Player

people still think Einstein was all that? really?
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2019, 19:29 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by kırmızımavi View Post
In the US, yes.

They drill Einstein and Edison into our brains as child
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2019, 20:39
Forum Manager
Legend

What am I missing? Many of today's famous physicists still rate him as one of the most brilliant minds ever.

Quote:
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2019, 20:48
Rising Star

Tesla was a genius very simple. Greatest or not up for debate.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2019, 22:00
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
What am I missing? Many of today's famous physicists still rate him as one of the most brilliant minds ever.
Too Jewish.

If his name was Slavoljub Tušilović then we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 18:21 Thread Starter
International

Elon Musk Confirms Tesla To Open Stores In Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia Next Year

https://www.ibtimes.com/elon-musk-co...t-year-2831968
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 18:37
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
But the more important question, was Tesla:

Serb,Croat or Romanian?
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 18:41
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
I think real internet science hipsters are more into John von Neumann or Richard Feynman.
szövkap likes this.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 18:47
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morierinho View Post
I think real internet science hipsters are more into John von Neumann or Richard Feynman.
Great personality and a good-natured human being according to Lawrence Krauss. I love this quote of his:

“Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms. [...] It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little about it. For far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it. Why do the poets of the present not speak of it? What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?”

Quote:

post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 18:54
Xtratime Legend

Krauss doesn't strike me as the best judge of humans, but fair enough.
pele10brazil likes this.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 19:02 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
But the more important question, was Tesla:

Serb,Croat or Romanian?
Probably easier to just say he was American
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 19:05
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati View Post
Probably easier to just say he was American
Nah, he was clearly WWEErner
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 19:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morierinho View Post
Krauss doesn't strike me as the best judge of humans, but fair enough.
Here's another Feynman quote I think you'd like since you watched W.L.Craig vids in the past. Remember when he kept yapping on how improbable the Big-Bang theory was as an argument?

You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and I came in through the parking lot. And you won't believe what happened. I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357. Can you imagine? Of all the millions of license plates in the state, what was the chance that I would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!

szövkap and forestasuceava like this.

Quote:

post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 19:31
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kırmızımavi View Post
Are you serious?

Buraya buraya Deli Ibo Burayaaaaaaaaa
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 21:51
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
Here's another Feynman quote I think you'd like since you watched W.L.Craig vids in the past. Remember when he kept yapping on how improbable the Big-Bang theory was as an argument?

You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and I came in through the parking lot. And you won't believe what happened. I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357. Can you imagine? Of all the millions of license plates in the state, what was the chance that I would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!

That actually sounds like something you'd see in an internet forum.

Not bigotting

Quote:
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2019, 21:52
Xtratime Legend

Not bigotting

Quote:
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2019, 01:05
Rising Star

All round greatest mind is Da Vinci, I think. Excelled in science, engineering, biology & the arts. The ultimate renaissance man.
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2019, 05:54
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelja View Post
All round greatest mind is Da Vinci, I think. Excelled in science, engineering, biology & the arts. The ultimate renaissance man.
He really added close to nothing of worth in these fields and as a painter he was far far far from one of the greatest.

R.I.P Ari

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in