Vasylo Lomacic: greatest boxer ever, more Gold for Croatia - Xtratime Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2019, 16:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Vasylo Lomacic: greatest boxer ever, more Gold for Croatia

As if your tears didn't taste delicious enough, now Croatia revolutionizing the sport of boxing. Cro Cop was just the beginning, now Croatia has arguably the most skillful boxer ever since Ali

Thoughts on Vasylo Lomacic risking his legacy going up in weight class yet again and still coming out victorious in style? Tough fight, shows the special Croatian spirit to find extra reserves in the tank those late rounds to bring more Gold home to Croatia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2019, 16:34
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Also a trained folk dancer, typical Croatian beast.
Ante likes this.

R.I.P Ari
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2019, 16:44
Xtratime Elite

The English dude stood his ground but barely landed anything it looked like, Loma looked in complete control throughout.

Also Povetkin Crimean War revenge baby.

R.I.P Ari
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2019, 19:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Also a trained folk dancer, typical Croatian beast.
Sasha Usic fighting in Chicago next month boss, his 1st foray into the heavyweight division that belongs to Croatia. Good chance for all us to dress up in checkered gear (just ordered my checkered water polo cap). Our girls can get checkered nail polish, going to be super fun. Lomacic & Usic run boxing.

Ante sup? You coming? Bring that mineral water that is currently ranked best in world
Ante likes this.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2019, 20:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
The English dude stood his ground but barely landed anything it looked like, Loma looked in complete control throughout.

Also Povetkin Crimean War revenge baby.
Idk man, rounds 7-10 were kinda grimey. Fighting big opponent started taking its toll, English lad got his 2nd wind and was hanging tough, Loma wasn't moving as much as usual, I was a bit worried for him if it went to scorecards on foreign soil (even tho Bob Arum would never allow his cash cow to lose on scorecards the way Golden Girls ensured GGG v. Canelo pt. 1 was a tie).
But damn in Rd 11 & 12 was proud how Loma responded, went into his reserves to end the fight in style. Very hard fight for him, he got rocked 1 time even. Boxers don't risk losing the way he has done, he's a legend for that in an era of ducking top contenders weasel hide & seek champions. Was a surprisingly good fight, he was finally tested
Firdaus likes this.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2019, 23:18
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
Alright, we actually do have some up and comers in the heavyweight division. Filip Hrgovic (27) who's ranked inside the top 15 heavyweight currently. WBA has him at 8. 9-0 so far and holds the WBC International heavyweight title. You'll be hearing his name quite often soon enough.
Then there's Petar Milas (24) another heavyweight ranked inside the top 30 according to boxrec. Currently 14-0 and holds the IBO International heavyweight title. Only other guy besides Anthony Joshua to knock out Kevin Johnson. Gotta count for something right?

First EEPL Champion.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2019, 05:00
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
Idk man, rounds 7-10 were kinda grimey. Fighting big opponent started taking its toll, English lad got his 2nd wind and was hanging tough, Loma wasn't moving as much as usual, I was a bit worried for him if it went to scorecards on foreign soil (even tho Bob Arum would never allow his cash cow to lose on scorecards the way Golden Girls ensured GGG v. Canelo pt. 1 was a tie).
But damn in Rd 11 & 12 was proud how Loma responded, went into his reserves to end the fight in style. Very hard fight for him, he got rocked 1 time even. Boxers don't risk losing the way he has done, he's a legend for that in an era of ducking top contenders weasel hide & seek champions. Was a surprisingly good fight, he was finally tested
Looked like he blocked almost everything, great bodywork throughout the fight too from Loma.

R.I.P Ari
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2019, 05:05
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Loma is an absolute skilled beast, pretty much the only reason I have lingering interest in boxing these days.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2019, 09:23
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Serbia
Really good boxer, not the greatest ever, lol. Funny thread title.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2019, 10:39
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Luke did a lot better than I thought he would to be fair. I'm horribly biased seeing as he's from my home town, but he gave Loma a few problems, although Loma clearly won.

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2019, 16:34
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serb View Post

He'll go down as one of the greatest ever. He has the quickest hands and reflexes since RJJ (prime Roy had unmatched reflexes and speed) but is more skilled overall than Roy with better fundamentals.

R.I.P Ari
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 01:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serb View Post
The only way your 'lol' has credibility is the 1 loss on his record which is an absolute disgrace to his legacy. He tried becoming the faster ever fighter to win a title (his 2nd fight), his opponent being the scared puss he is didn't make weight so relinquished his belt yet fought anyway. Loma was being overwhelmed early and middle rounds yet began to dominate last several rounds. The Mexican (fighting in Texas) was giving many low blows without point deductions and won a controversial decision, if it went 15 rounds he would've just collapsed on his own

Otherwise your dismissal is groundless, Lomachenko the most decorated boxer in history thus far in his career. 2 Olympic gold medals is unprecedented, and running through opponents with ease as a pro, laughably better than his foes has to take massive risks climbing weight for a decent fight. His dad (his trainer) has revolutionized the sport with his new techniques. He's easily one of the best boxers ever, and without that ridiculous loss on his records you laughing it off would be ignorant. His dad 1 of the best trainers in history too btw (Lomacic said he's just the video game, that his dad is the player controlling the sticks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Luke did a lot better than I thought he would to be fair. I'm horribly biased seeing as he's from my home town, but he gave Loma a few problems, although Loma clearly won.
No he did quite well. Looked like almost was going to get KO'd in Rd 4 or 5 then responded very well, seemed to get a 2nd wind and had Loma in some big trouble middle to late rounds, rocked Loma once and you could tell Loma was tired like never before. Was outclassed skill wise but his height and experience at that weight kept him alive. Kudos to him for making this an entertaining fight
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 05:49
Xtratime Elite

Loma couldn't go full matrix angle finder mode because the English guy took up too much real estate being the bigger man, but I still can't remember Loma being hit by anything clean apart from I think one shot in the early-mid rounds.

Only way I see Loma losing barring some highly unlikely flash ko is if he bites off more then he can chew at the higher weights.

R.I.P Ari
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 06:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Quote:
He'll go down as one of the greatest ever. He has the quickest hands and reflexes since RJJ (prime Roy had unmatched reflexes and speed) but is more skilled overall than Roy with better fundamentals.
He needs to take risks for that to happen. Even with his insane amateur record, people will look at his pro career and see he fought a couple of bums and that's it. As of now, he's 14-1 and his record will most likely still look unimpressive when he hangs those gloves.

The LW GOAT, Duran, fought SR Leonard at WW and beat him. He also won the MW title from a future HW.

If Loma wants to go down as an all time great, he needs to attempt brave things like Mikey did against Spence.(and obviously succeed).

Quote:
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 17:12
Xtratime Elite

Mayweather picked his spots and he's considered by most as one of the all time greats.

R.I.P Ari
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 18:40
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Even against current boxers he's got a way to go before he can be compared to Manny.

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 18:42
Xtratime Elite

As far as boxing skill goes he's already miles ahead of Manny.

R.I.P Ari
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 18:55
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Mayweather picked his spots and he's considered by most as one of the all time greats.
And he picked several matches that count individually as much as half of Loma's career. People will look at who did this boxer with a puny fight record faced and will see nobodies. As of now, I'd even place Canelo ahead of him in all-time rankings, which is to say outside a top 100.

Quote:
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 19:09
Xtratime Elite

He's sill got ways to go dude, it's not like he's only got a fight or two left in him. On boxing skill alone he's already right up there with the best ever; he's the best combination of reactions, power and fundamentals since Ray Robinson.

R.I.P Ari
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2019, 19:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
He's sill got ways to go dude, it's not like he's only got a fight or two left in him. On boxing skill alone he's already right up there with the best ever; he's the best combination of reactions, power and fundamentals since Ray Robinson.
Disagree. I think Roy Jones is better than him in every aspect of the game. Also, Loma isn't a heavy hitter. He mostly wears his opponents out by comfortably out-punching them.

And like I said, I know he's not over but if he wants to break into a top 50, he should start taking risks.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in