Radomir Antic: "Modric's Ballon d'Or makes no sense" - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 19:13
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo, Real Madrid, Croatia NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhoZD View Post
Although this guy hasn't had a serious coaching job in 15 years I have to say I agree with him. Modrić is a glorified Didier Deschamps, same type of player with a slight upgrade on skill and class who has had the great fortune to spend 5 seasons with an at-his-peak Ronaldo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
you really should consider joining the Yugo forums...you'll be at home there!
Ante likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 19:24
Star Player

Teams: Croatia! Bayern, Madrid, Inter, Rijeka, Bari
Quote:
What happened this season? He didn't go from peak to decline over two months, surely. I was willing to cut Modrić some slack because of the WC but that's no excuse at this point of the season. If you've swept every possible individual award you simply should be able to carry your team. If you can't you don't deserve such honours.

Losing Ronaldo is the only big change at Real between seasons and they've gone from winning the CL to having one of their worst seasons in 20 years. Funnily enough, Ronaldo's Juve have the Scudetto in the bag already and are in the CL quarters thanks to C7's brilliant hattrick in the round of 16.

Ronaldo is the only big change? Umm how in the world did you not notice they had 2 shit coaches for 2/3s of the season? And since Zidane is back they have won every game

Marcelo & Kross have been in poor form too which is a major change. Isco was given damn near 0 minutes. They dropped Navas for Courtois. etc etc etc

but yeah losing Ronaldo is the only big change
Ante likes this.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 19:31
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post
He's a fantastic player. One of the most intelligent ones I've ever watched, but there's no way in hell he should ever rank above a genius like Messi and anyone who claims differently is just biased I'm afraid. Doesn't make him any less of a player though when he's up against arguably the greatest player of all time.
I'm not sure he is "ranked" better than Messi. I think we can all agree that Modric's contributions helped his teams achieve the highest level in 2017/2018 whereas Messi's teams didn't make it to CL finals or past the 2nd round in the World Cup. Maradona had less quality players surrounding him at club and country and yet he achieved better results with both.

Modric's contributions for Real Madrid have been stellar the past several years, I don't think thats even a question. I think he won the award because his teams were successful AND he was personally very much a part of that success for club and country!

I saw that prick Griezmann make comments that he should have won. Maybe MBappe too? Maybe even Suarez...even though he's had a history of biting people and diving!

Modric was definitely the best all around choice for 2017/2018. Not only was he involved in winning Champions League, they won the Super Cup of Spain and of UEFA...and the FIFA Worl Club Cup....and then Modric captained our Lijepa Nasa to the World Cup finals!

Has anyone had a better resume in that same period?
Ante and Nepoznat like this.
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 19:43
International

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Girondins de Bordeaux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
"Highly respected"...hahaha...for? what's he done for Serbia?

in 2010 they finished last in their group and yet he's considered "respected"?

ajme!

Antic is well respected, and he had some decent results in Spain. Personally, I loved the guy in Serbia but...Serbs will be Serbs...river boats, alcohol, smoking before games.

Many people seek after what they do not possess and are thus enslaved by the very things they want to acquire...because "precondition of that subjunctive". - Ivica LeFondre
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 19:53
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarma Police View Post
Antic is well respected, and he had some decent results in Spain. Personally, I loved the guy in Serbia but...Serbs will be Serbs...river boats, alcohol, smoking before games.
In 2010, Serbia had a decent team and in particular defensively. It makes no sense that they beat Germany and then lose to Ghana and Australia and yet Germany thrashes Australia 4-0 and they go on along with Ghana to the next round.

This has more to do with being disorganized and how they approach each game. Antic really has to take the blame and demonstrates he hasn't evolved with the game.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 20:58
Premier Player

Quote:
I'm not sure he is "ranked" better than Messi. I think we can all agree that Modric's contributions helped his teams achieve the highest level in 2017/2018 whereas Messi's teams didn't make it to CL finals or past the 2nd round in the World Cup. Maradona had less quality players surrounding him at club and country and yet he achieved better results with both.

Modric's contributions for Real Madrid have been stellar the past several years, I don't think thats even a question. I think he won the award because his teams were successful AND he was personally very much a part of that success for club and country!

I saw that prick Griezmann make comments that he should have won. Maybe MBappe too? Maybe even Suarez...even though he's had a history of biting people and diving!

Modric was definitely the best all around choice for 2017/2018. Not only was he involved in winning Champions League, they won the Super Cup of Spain and of UEFA...and the FIFA Worl Club Cup....and then Modric captained our Lijepa Nasa to the World Cup finals!

Rafael Varanj.

post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 21:04
Premier Player

Quote:
"Highly respected"...hahaha...for? what's he done for Serbia?

in 2010 they finished last in their group and yet he's considered "respected"?

ajme!

He won La Liga in the 90's.

post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 21:07
Star Player

Quote:
Rafael Varanj.

excellent player and I'd say he's definitely worthy of noting but Real and Croatia were more influenced by Modric in their squad than Varane influenced Real and France.
Ante likes this.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 21:18
Star Player

Quote:
He won La Liga in the 90's.

you realize that was a loooong time ago. I'm not here to slag the man, he's entitled to his "irrelevant" opinion and its obvious he's lost his mind...otherwise he'd be coaching somewhere other than in China...last jobs he had were coaching crap teams in crap leagues...hasn't been relevant since 2004!

Even Ciro has the right to say things and yet, often times he is totally wrong! Ciro brought Croatia to 3rd in the world, Antic could maybe shine his shoes!

Ante likes this.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 23:01
International

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Girondins de Bordeaux
Quote:
In 2010, Serbia had a decent team and in particular defensively. It makes no sense that they beat Germany and then lose to Ghana and Australia and yet Germany thrashes Australia 4-0 and they go on along with Ghana to the next round.

This has more to do with being disorganized and how they approach each game. Antic really has to take the blame and demonstrates he hasn't evolved with the game.
Well, I'm not judging Antic based on one tournament -- most especially when you consider the retard overlords in Serbian football, and media.

Specific styles/tactics/player motivations has a lot of influence on the game. Antic had nothing to do with blatant handballs by Vidic, Kuzmanovic, or why Germany performed better against Australia. Not sure how Antic could have stopped Serbian players from drinking and smoking during the tournament..

Many people seek after what they do not possess and are thus enslaved by the very things they want to acquire...because "precondition of that subjunctive". - Ivica LeFondre
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 16:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Modric's Golden Ball makes no sense, not because of his qualities, but because his year was shit.

Rakitic played much better in 2018. And in 2019.
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 16:55
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepoznat View Post
Ronaldo is the only big change? Umm how in the world did you not notice they had 2 shit coaches for 2/3s of the season? And since Zidane is back they have won every game

Marcelo & Kross have been in poor form too which is a major change. Isco was given damn near 0 minutes. They dropped Navas for Courtois. etc etc etc

but yeah losing Ronaldo is the only big change

He doesn't watch Real Madrid games, his commentary is useless. But ask him specifics about the Serb NT and its players, and he has photographic memory...

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 16:57
Legend

Quote:

And don't forget Luka leading us to the destruction of Messi and the diving Argies, 3-0.

#weareCroatia
Maradona likes this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 17:01
Legend

Quote:
excellent player and I'd say he's definitely worthy of noting but Real and Croatia were more influenced by Modric in their squad than Varane influenced Real and France.
Who is Varanj? )

If Soy is talking about Varane, he was hit and miss for Real Madrid and missed alot of games with injuries. And this was on a team that was thin in depth on D as it was...a great player though but not as influential to Real as Ramos is.
Maradona likes this.

#weareCroatia
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 17:02
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Modric's Golden Ball makes no sense, not because of his qualities, but because his year was shit.

Rakitic played much better in 2018. And in 2019.
Ask Rakitic how great Modric was in 2018 and how much he deserved it.

#weareCroatia
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 17:05
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante View Post
Who is Varanj?

If Soy is talking about Varane, he was hit and miss for Real Madrid and missed alot of games with injuries. And this was on a team that was thin in depth as it was...a great player though but not as influential to Real as Ramos is.
for some reason, Suho doesn't think Modric was more key than Varane... but he gets mad whenever he's called out for his silly comments!

Was Varane even nominated or mentioned as a candidate?
Ante likes this.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 17:09
Legend

Quote:
for some reason, Suho doesn't think Modric was more key than Varane... but he gets mad whenever he's called out for his silly comments!

If I want to know about cricket or Aussie rules football (and I never would fwiw) I'll ask him. Football though just isn't his thing...well unless of course you are talking about Yugo football history or the Serb NT, then the guy has autistic type memory....the "rainman" of yugo/serb footie...
Maradona likes this.

#weareCroatia
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 19:12
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante View Post
Who is Varanj? )

Santoš's cousin
Ante likes this.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 19:18
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
Santoš's cousin

#weareCroatia
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 03:01
Premier Player

Quote:

Go back to your post, you asked who had a better resume and quite clearly Varanj's was better. I didn't say Varanj was more crucial or that HE should've won the awards.
@San yi

Varanj rolls off the Slavonic tongue much more easily, just like Staljin instead of Stalin, Lenjin instead of Lenin etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in