Former Serb Leader Radovan Karadzic sentenced to life in prison - Xtratime Community
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 118 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 18:22 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Bosnia NT
Former Serb Leader Radovan Karadzic sentenced to life in prison

For Genocide and Crimes against Humanity

Final Sentence increased to life from previous sentencing
Ero, Ante, Yashimi Nakitu and 3 others like this.

Kapetan Gradascevic - Dragon of Bosnia - Never Forget

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Uprising_(1831%E2%80%9332)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 18:24 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Bosnia NT
A Serb protestor gets scared away after threatening Bosnians outside the Hague Tribunal:

Chetnik Tears taste delicious
Ante and Beno like this.

Kapetan Gradascevic - Dragon of Bosnia - Never Forget

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Uprising_(1831%E2%80%9332)
post #3 of 118 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 18:28
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
Radovan Karadžić has been sentenced to life in prison at an appeal court in The Hague for his role in mass killings of civilians in the conflict that tore Bosnia apart a quarter century ago.

Five judges at the UN-mandated court upheld the 2016 verdict at the former Bosnian Serb leader’s first trial almost in its entirety, dismissing all but one of Karadžić’s appeals as “mere disagreement” with the court’s conclusions rather than valid legal objections.

By a majority of three to two, the judges decided to increase his original 40-year jail term to life in prison, saying the trial chamber had “abused its discretion” in passing sentence.

One element from Karadžić’s 2016 conviction involving illegal detentions of civilians was overturned because he was not allowed to cross-examine witnesses, but the appeal court confirmed his guilt for his role in the worst massacres of civilians in Europe since the 1940s.

The chief prosecutor at the tribunal, Serge Brammertz, said the verdict sent an “important message that justice can prevail over evil”.

“Today, the victims of his crimes finally saw him answer for what he did,” Brammertz said. “Opponents of the tribunal will claim that this judgment is a verdict against the Serbian people. I reject that in the strongest terms. Karadžić’s guilt is his, not his community’s.”

Karadžić, 73, listened to most of the verdict sitting impassively in a dark suit, his white hair swept back. He was told to stand to hear his sentence being extended. At that moment, a cheer went up from the public gallery, separated from the courtroom by bullet-proof glass.

He has been held at The Hague since his capture in Belgrade in 2008, and his appeal is one of the last war crimes cases from the Bosnian war to be held in The Hague.

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #4 of 118 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 21:00
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
A joke of a court when all is said and done. RIP to the victims of aggressive expansion and ethnic cleansing.

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #5 of 118 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 22:14
International

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Girondins de Bordeaux
I'm new to this. Did #fakenews only begin with Donald Trump and James Woods?

Many people seek after what they do not possess and are thus enslaved by the very things they want to acquire...because "precondition of that subjunctive". - Ivica LeFondre
post #6 of 118 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 22:32
Premier Player

Hopefully this final verdict can somehow be used to dismantle his genocidal creation, the so-called RS. It's not real justice if the Serbs aren't forced to return the proceeds of crime.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Indexi, Shpati and Beno like this.
post #7 of 118 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 00:16
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #8 of 118 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 01:03
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Isn't that the song the shooter was listening to?
Shpati and Tarik like this.

Rudyard Kipling
post #9 of 118 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 06:39
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhoZD View Post
Hopefully this final verdict can somehow be used to dismantle his genocidal creation, the so-called RS. It's not real justice if the Serbs aren't forced to return the proceeds of crime.
as much as I enjoy discussions as to "who did what, whose is what etc." regarding BiH and forcing the Serbs of BiH to simply acquiesce to the dictates of our Bosniak, Croatian and Western betters against our own interests, it would be simpler for all involved to accept RS as a reality that it is and either look to work past what divides us for a better future together or just move the f*%# on separately

just curious, considering the highest echelons of Croatian war time leadership were judged by the Hague to have been in a joint criminal enterprise to seize control over claimed territory in BiH, forcibly displacing Bosnian Muslims with the goal of unifying Croatian people in Croatia and BiH, what do you propose returning? constituent rights? representational Government? Western Mostar?

hypocrite

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #10 of 118 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 06:46
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
szövkap likes this.

R.I.P Ari
post #11 of 118 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 10:22
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
as much as I enjoy discussions as to "who did what, whose is what etc." regarding BiH and forcing the Serbs of BiH to simply acquiesce to the dictates of our Bosniak, Croatian and Western betters against our own interests, it would be simpler for all involved to accept RS as a reality that it is and either look to work past what divides us for a better future together or just move the f*%# on separately

just curious, considering the highest echelons of Croatian war time leadership were judged by the Hague to have been in a joint criminal enterprise to seize control over claimed territory in BiH, forcibly displacing Bosnian Muslims with the goal of unifying Croatian people in Croatia and BiH, what do you propose returning? constituent rights? representational Government? Western Mostar?

hypocrite
Yes, Serbs in Bosnia who support war criminals, justify ethnic cleansing and genocide as well as issue threats promising more killings in the future should peacefully **** off to the lands of Serbs: Serbia. They have no business living in a country that they hate anyways.

YBC : The rest of the teams in Scotland are on the level of the Moldovan league, but Celtic are actually decent as evidence by their Champions League performances.
post #12 of 118 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 23:34
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
Yes, Serbs in Bosnia who support war criminals, justify ethnic cleansing and genocide as well as issue threats promising more killings in the future should peacefully **** off to the lands of Serbs: Serbia. They have no business living in a country that they hate anyways.
really? so a Serb of BiH deemed undesirable should simply have to leave the land of the Bosniaks and go to where they belong... and yet autonomy within BiH for Serbs (and Croats I assume) is the controversial opinion

let's apply that thinking elsewhere... for example, there were thousands, millions even of ex-Yugoslavs that were not enamoured with the former Yugoslavia... it could be generational in places... but does that mean each and every Greater Serbian nationalist, Ustashe sympathiser, Iranophile in Sarajevo, separatist in Kosovo etc. prior to 1991 should also have been disenfranchised from their then country of Yugoslavia?

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #13 of 118 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2019, 23:43
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
really? so a Serb of BiH deemed undesirable should simply have to leave the land of the Bosniaks and go to where they belong... and yet autonomy within BiH for Serbs (and Croats I assume) is the controversial opinion

let's apply that thinking elsewhere... for example, there were thousands, millions even of ex-Yugoslavs that were not enamoured with the former Yugoslavia... it could be generational in places... but does that mean each and every Greater Serbian nationalist, Ustashe sympathiser, Iranophile in Sarajevo, separatist in Kosovo etc. prior to 1991 should also have been disenfranchised from their then country of Yugoslavia?
Bosnia is not the land of the Bosniaks, it is the land of the Bosnians. A lot of Serbs do not consider themselves Bosnians and refuse to live among non-Serbs, they proved that in the war and they are continuing to prove it to this day through their fascist behavior and rhetoric. In the normal world, people within a country work for the betterment of their country, they don't issue threats of genocide, deny the existence of the country they live in while glorifying convicted war criminals that the whole world condemns. Serbs that are willing to work for the betterment of Bosnia and that condemn chetnik fascist ideology are more than welcomed in BIH and I will personally make sure they feel at home every single day but the others need to **** off to Serbia and live there among their own. The fact that I have yet to see you clearly condemn the likes of Karadzic and Mladic is troublesome to say the least.

YBC : The rest of the teams in Scotland are on the level of the Moldovan league, but Celtic are actually decent as evidence by their Champions League performances.
post #14 of 118 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2019, 12:35
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Bosnia is not the land of the Bosniaks, it is the land of the Bosnians.
Dude, stfu. I'm not a bosnian and neither were my ancestors who've lived there since before your prophet rode his first camel.
Maradona likes this.

Rudyard Kipling
post #15 of 118 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2019, 12:40
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero View Post
Dude, stfu. I'm not a bosnian and neither were my ancestors who've lived there since before your prophet rode his first camel.
I don't care how you personally feel about this, people who reason like you regularly falsify history to suit their own interests.

post #16 of 118 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2019, 14:01
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
So true

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #17 of 118 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2019, 14:18
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I don't care how you personally feel
I don't personally feel anything, facts are facts Mahmoud.
Maradona likes this.

Rudyard Kipling
post #18 of 118 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2019, 23:18
Star Player

Teams: Serbian NT
Good for him.
post #19 of 118 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2019, 00:49
Legend

Quote:
Bosnia is not the land of the Bosniaks, it is the land of the Bosnians.
you will have to whitewash much of what is written in the history books then... for example,

from -->

"U plamenu pravednog oslobodilačkog rata iskiva se bratstvo Srba, Muslimana i Hrvata, i time se udara siguran temelj slobodne i zbratimljene BiH, ravnopravne federalne jedinice u Demokratskoj federativnoj Jugoslaviji. Prvi put u historiji Srbi, Muslimani i Hrvati Bosne i Hercegovine, ujedinjeni u Narodno-oslobodilačkom pokretu, stupili su na isti put, počeli da izgrađuju svoj zajednički dom, u čije su temelje uzidane kosti njihovih najboljih sinova. Prvi put u historiji oni su postali kovači svoje sudbine, čvrsto riješeni da jednom zauvijek sahrane vijekovnu mračnu i tešku prošlost i da izgrade državnu zajednicu u kojoj će živjeti u ravnopravnosti, slobodi, miru i blagostanju."

to -->

"the Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina: No Serbs allowed"

Quote:
A lot of Serbs do not consider themselves Bosnians and refuse to live among non-Serbs, they proved that in the war and they are continuing to prove it to this day through their fascist behavior and rhetoric.
considering we were the most widespread of the three ethnic groups within BiH at the outbreak of the war, your proposition that we have refused to live with the other 2 ethnicities in BiH is hard to believe... of course, the war changed everything and led to great transfers of populations within and also out of BiH and the post-war system has simply just entrenched those divisions... just curious, are we Serbs also to blame for the divisions and/or refusals to live with each other we see between Croats and Bosniaks in places like Mostar as well?

Quote:
In the normal world, people within a country work for the betterment of their country, they don't issue threats of genocide, deny the existence of the country they live in while glorifying convicted war criminals that the whole world condemns. Serbs that are willing to work for the betterment of Bosnia and that condemn chetnik fascist ideology are more than welcomed in BIH and I will personally make sure they feel at home every single day but the others need to **** off to Serbia and live there among their own.
does this apply to all forms of nationalistic and/or extremist thought in BiH or just the ones that allows you to rid yourselves of the Serbs in BiH?

Quote:
The fact that I have yet to see you clearly condemn the likes of Karadzic and Mladic is troublesome to say the least.
a post of mine from last year

"when it comes to Srebrenica, it is a subject matter with:

(1) intense complexities (prelude to the attack, had the town been demilitarised, the role of the Bosniak forces within the 'safe haven', Serbian attacks previously and in July 1995, planning, chain of command, alleged complicity, the nature of the executions of Bosniak POWs, the Bosniak break out, punishment of the perpetrators, legal tests and fact finding as to what the executions are to be properly characterised as with regard to the rules and conventions of war, crimes against humanity, genocide, the politicisation of the massacres, the international legal ramifications of the West's intervention as a result, reconciliation etc.) and;

(2) evident simplicities --> being that it was the single worst atrocity committed during the Bosnian War, it was committed by Serbian forces, it involved the executions of unarmed and captured Bosnian men and boys (and although the exact number of executions is the subject of contention, we are still talking in the thousands), and that any and all involved should never see the light of day again... truly shameful

it is probably unrealistic to explore the abovementioned complexities sufficiently on such a board but i am happy to discuss further if you wish"

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/310-w...l#post22505890

I dare you to find me one post from a Bosniak or Croat poster on XT acknowledging specific wrongs and crimes committed by their own, and in particular, against Serbs [to be fair, I remember a post of Yashimi's criticising Alija and Suho begrudgingly once noted the gruesome methods of the Ustase]

post #20 of 118 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2019, 01:33
Premier Player

I wonder what will lead to the destruction of mankind first:

Nationalistic Extremism, Biowarfare, Corruption or ALL of the Above

All representative of Egotism

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in