Luka Dončić

Turkey

Enes Kanter
Ersan Ilyasova
Ömer Aşık

Ukraine

Alex Len
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk

Anyone here follow the NBA? Feel free to talk about these players and their contributions as the season begins tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 06:40
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Don't really consider Greece and Turkey EE, but most interesting players to follow are ofcourse Jokic and Doncic, the two players who have ability to be consistent certified all-stars (Dragic is current all-star but doesn't deserve to be).

Rest are mainly mid level mediocrity or fringe role players. Tho shouldn't sell Saric and younger Bogdanovic too short, they have the talent to be real quality 3rd option in a contender.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Andy Christ likes this.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 09:23
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
Was going to write a whole essay on this but cbf. Cant wait till the season starts.

As for the Croatian contingent I expect Saric and Bogdanovic to have the biggest impact on their teams. Saric was a beast in the postseason. Bogdanovic while inconsistent was a big factor in the Pacers success last season. Our other players are still really young. Hezonja finished last season with the Magic strongly so I hope he continues that form with the Knicks. Bender needs to be more aggressive and stop settling for missed threes. And Zubac has to leave the Lakers because their quick tempo doesn't suit him. They'll be playing a lot of small ball this season.

Go Lakers!

First EEPL Champion.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 09:30
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Bender is complete garbage so far. Teams are so desperate to find next Dirk, really bizzare that kid was picked 4th at the time.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 10:23
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
He was a top youth player. He's been poor and has had two seasons to develop. If he doesn't show something this season he'll probably end up in europe.

First EEPL Champion.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 11:54
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Latvia

Kristaps Porzingis
Davis Bertans
Rodions Kurucs

Lithuania

Jonas Valanciunas
Domantas Sabonis

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 12:27
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
Latvia

Kristaps Porzingis
Davis Bertans
Rodions Kurucs

Lithuania

Jonas Valanciunas
Domantas Sabonis
What's up, your neighbours kicking ass in B ball but not a single Estonian in sight?

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 12:52
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

our basketball is in crisis (well it has been since the start of the century basically)

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 20:46
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Bosnia

Jusuf Nurkić
Mirza Teletović
Dragan Bender
Ivica Zubac

Croatia

Dragan Bender
Bojan Bogdanović
Mario Hezonja
Dario Šarić
Ivica Zubac
Ante Žižić

Georgia

Zaza Pachulia

Greece

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Georgios Papagiannis

Montenegro

Nikola Peković
Nikola Vučević

Poland

Marcin Gortat

Russia

Timofey Mozgov

Serbia

Nikola Jokić
Nemanja Bjelica
Boban Marjanović
Miloš Teodosić
Bogdan Bogdanović

Slovenia

Goran Dragić
Luka Dončić

Turkey

Enes Kanter
Ersan Ilyasova
Ömer Aşık

Ukraine

Alex Len
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk

Anyone here follow the NBA? Feel free to talk about these players and their contributions as the season begins tomorrow.
Your list includes players who are retired or not in the NBA and you've omitted some others.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 21:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
It's not my list, it's Wikipedia's

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 21:58
Premier Player

Teams: PALIO PASOK! (to orthodoxo*), +Olympiacos, Greece
Yeah the list is problematic, Teletovic and Pekovic have retired, Papagiannis moved to Panathinaikos while Bender and Zubac are Croats and not Bosnians.

Musa (Bosnia), Dorsey and Kostas Antetokounmpo (Greece) as well as Korkmaz and Osman (Turkey are missing from that list.

Tha Seveste!
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 22:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'll just go jump off a bridge then.
Ero likes this.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2018, 23:55
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
EE has had a huge impact on the NBA in recent years, especially in the big department. But last season there's been an injection of good shooter types as well. Nikola Jokic has been amazing and Serbia hasn't had a guy like him for a very long time. Huge star. The guy has it all and this season he's going to work harder on defense which plagues most Caucasian players anyways. Giannis is expected by the media to have a big MVP season (I guess that's if his 3 game clicks). Interestingly, his brother was drafted by the Mavs late in the 2nd round, they're going to probably put him in the D-league and call him up if he continues to develop. Interesting if he can have a similar showing to his brother. Another Greek Freak would be amazing (something close to it is great too). I don't know what happened to Bender nor Len. Sometimes if you're in a bad organization it can hurt you though. Len will get a chance with the Hawks though.

Keep an eye out for Svi Mykhailuk. He's going to be great in a few years. He has great IQ, passing, nice shooting touch. He played college basketball at Kansas, maybe he can improve his defense a bit quicker. I expect his game won't be there yet the rookie season with all the pressure on the Lakers but 2nd season I think he'll be reliable and consistent.

The most important name of the new players though will definitely be Doncic. All eyes on him. Interesting to see how he progresses.
Jeffrey and Serb like this.
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2018, 01:49
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
EE has had a huge impact on the NBA in recent years, especially in the big department. But last season there's been an injection of good shooter types as well. Nikola Jokic has been amazing and Serbia hasn't had a guy like him for a very long time. Huge star. The guy has it all and this season he's going to work harder on defense which plagues most Caucasian players anyways. Giannis is expected by the media to have a big MVP season (I guess that's if his 3 game clicks). Interestingly, his brother was drafted by the Mavs late in the 2nd round, they're going to probably put him in the D-league and call him up if he continues to develop. Interesting if he can have a similar showing to his brother. Another Greek Freak would be amazing (something close to it is great too). I don't know what happened to Bender nor Len. Sometimes if you're in a bad organization it can hurt you though. Len will get a chance with the Hawks though.

Keep an eye out for Svi Mykhailuk. He's going to be great in a few years. He has great IQ, passing, nice shooting touch. He played college basketball at Kansas, maybe he can improve his defense a bit quicker. I expect his game won't be there yet the rookie season with all the pressure on the Lakers but 2nd season I think he'll be reliable and consistent.

The most important name of the new players though will definitely be Doncic. All eyes on him. Interesting to see how he progresses.
Dončić is going to be a star, no doubt. He lacks elite NBA athleticism but he's got just about everything else (high IQ, can pass and shoot, good toughness for a teenager).

Bender should go back to Europe and try again when he's 24-25. Too soft and timid and hasn't really developed any part of his game in 2 years. He was taken on pure potential (on the back of KP's rookie season) which i guess was there but he's almost 21 and hasn't played a serious role anywhere at senior level.

Serb likes this.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2018, 02:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Šarić has been shit thus far. Hopefully he picks it up.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2018, 04:36
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Šarić has been shit thus far. Hopefully he picks it up.
He's 3-point and I think overall FG% are at career-low marks. His shot is too flat again after improving on it last season. Seems to always start the season slowly and then pick it up, his fortunate to have a coach with whom he's got a lot of credit. In another situation he'd be out of the starting line-up by now.

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2018, 09:06
World Class Player

Teams: Bosnia NT
Nurkic in good form for Portland so far

Musa is currently yo-yoing between the G League and the Nets. However I think that's best for his development right now - rookie minutes in the NBA and getting serious playing time with the development affiliate.

Kapetan Gradascevic - Dragon of Bosnia - Never Forget

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Uprising_(1831%E2%80%9332)
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2018, 16:44
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Jokic fined 25K for making this joke in a post game interview (referring to his battles in the paint with Bulls young Center Wendell Carter)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpn8itxH...eo_watch_again

post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2018, 00:32
Premier Player

Jokić's scoring down heaps in the last 4-5 games...Musa is wasting his time in the NBA, should've gone to a Euroleague club for a couple of years before heading to the US.

post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2018, 00:12
International

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Girondins de Bordeaux
Nikola "#nohomo" Jokic goes coast-to-coast, or, is there a layover at O'Hare?

Many people seek after what they do not possess and are thus enslaved by the very things they want to acquire...because "precondition of that subjunctive". - Ivica LeFondre

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in