Another trigger warning ladies...First the Golden Ball and now FIFA's best player... - Xtratime Community
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2018, 21:12 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Another trigger warning ladies...First the Golden Ball and now FIFA's best player...

Ladies, I am doing a nice leisurely backstroke in the river of your collective tears.

(they taste delicious btw).

#youwishyouwere
#weareCroatia

PS Balon D'or will cap off all the awards for the best player in the world, Luka Modric.
Ero likes this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2018, 21:13
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
Ante likes this.

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2018, 21:15
Legend

Ante likes this.

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2018, 21:24
Premier Player

When the stars align, they truly align. I don't know what Modric did in his past life to deserve this one, but he's really cruising in this life, effortlessly. Never had the pressure of Ronaldo but now gets the recognition of an elite player.

Personally, I do think a few other players deserved it over him just based on overall performances (statistics) but his WC and CL pitch influence really set him apart from everyone else. He wasn't the best player in either tournaments but combined, overall, I doubt anyone had a greater influence than him. I do think he wouldn't have won it if Croatia didn't make the final. Had they lost to England, he most likely wouldn't have won it.

I'm also not sure he's the best Croatian football player all time but after these awards, it's hard to argue against it. Performance wise, I still have a few other players ahead of him in Croatian history.

Also, I highly doubt anyone here is triggered by Modric. Most people here like him as a football player. I don't know anything about him as a person though but that's not what we are judging here
Orkan likes this.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2018, 21:29
Greta joke sharer
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale
I'm assuming this thread is related to this news?

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...rance-football

"A women's Ballon d'Or will be launched this year, marking the first occasion the prestigious award will be open to female footballers."

Modric the historic first winner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2018, 21:34
Legend

Remember when Inter wanted to buy without money?

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2018, 21:35
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

[I]"A women's Ballon d'Or will be launched

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 00:03
Gyula
Premier Player

Teams: Hungary, Romania
At this point they're just trying to troll Ronaldo.

Ante and szövkap like this.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 00:40
International

Teams: Hrvatska, HNK Rijeka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrpskiInat View Post
I'm also not sure he's the best Croatian football player all time but after these awards, it's hard to argue against it. Performance wise, I still have a few other players ahead of him in Croatian history.

With all due respect to Boban, Zuti, Suker and hell, even pre-91 players like Beara and Bajdo - who is even close to Luka at this point in terms of accomplishments for both club and country?
Ante likes this.

Još Hrvatska ni propala dok mi živimo,
visoko se bude stala kad ju zbudimo.
Ak je dugo tvrdo spala, jača hoće bit,
ak je sada u snu mala, će se prostranit.

#weare
#youmostlikelyarenot

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 01:05
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaFiume View Post

With all due respect to Boban, Zuti, Suker and hell, even pre-91 players like Beara and Bajdo - who is even close to Luka at this point in terms of accomplishments for both club and country?
in terms of accomplishments, Modric is the greatest footballer from the ex-Yu ever... i cannot even really think of a player that comes close to what Modric has achieved

in terms of ability, it is too subjective a topic for any real definitive answer

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 05:27
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
He's not even close to being the most talented player in EE history, lol. Kroos was better than him for Real last season too, like how the fvck did this Gaul serf win this award?
Orkan likes this.

R.I.P Ari
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 10:04
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
i think he led his team to the World Cup final or something
Ante and dinamozagreb86 like this.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 10:15
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Modric might become the first player ever to accept the award via a video link from jail.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 10:46
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
He should also get the Ron Paul Award for Tax Evasion
Hopefully he gets away with it

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 12:19 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
He's not even close to being the most talented player in EE history, lol. Kroos was better than him for Real last season too, like how the fvck did this Gaul serf win this award?

De'Andre stick to kneeling for the anthem with the other hood rats from Chicago.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 12:25 Thread Starter
Legend

I drank some serb player's tears as well. Tastes very bitter but nevertheless delicious.

The Slovenian and Montenegrin captains and Bosnian cap and Barca slayer Dzeko all voted Luka #1. As did none other than Messi.

But bitterly jealous and hack Kolarov didn't put Luka in his top 3. What a little b.itch. Obviously is still bitter from the spanking in Zagreb, though I personally thank him for his beautiful free kick that day.

#weareCroatia
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 15:43
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaFiume View Post

Beara?
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 16:00
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Maybe Vlasic will be better one day!
Dmitriy likes this.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 16:04
Rising Star

There is no better player in the world at releasing pressure then Luka Modric. Time and time again he would start an attack after being surrounded by 2-3 players. Luka is one of the rare players who thrives when he being pressed by the opposing team.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2018, 16:07 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
There is no better player in the world at releasing pressure then Luka Modric. Time and time again he would start an attack after being surrounded by 2-3 players. Luka is one of the rare players who thrives when he being pressed by the opposing team.
Our Luka. His speech yesterday was great. The entire footballing world loves him and us.

#weareCroatia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in