EE Hockey - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:21 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Russians displaying their technical brilliance, Brazilians of hockey.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XZoX_nlYKg8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SLHmDkWCuo0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sD3IBDCxhTo

the Russian language surpasses all the others of Europe, not only in the breadth of territory over which it rules, but also in its own extent and wealth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:23 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Dants
No need to dream when you're winning everything, lol.
Listen, I know you harbor some particularly strong negative sentiments, so I won't engage in a never-ending debate, but when you look at the top Canadian players, even the tough ones are some seriously skilled fothermuckers, and the latest Canadian prospects are, as always, giving a sign that it's still going to remain that way for a long, long time.
I'm not saying Russians aren't skilled (I thank God for Andrei Markov every day), but to argue that the two teams aren't even comparable is laughable. Especially when, if I may state it again, Canada usually wins.
Canada is a great hockey nation, don't get me wrong. Along with Russia the greatest ever.

But to say that Canada produces the most skillful players is ridiculous. Russians and Czechs are the most talented and skillful players in the world. Canada genrally produces tough power forwards, wo while not as technically gifted, are very effective.

By skill I mean, creativity, puck handling, etc.

the Russian language surpasses all the others of Europe, not only in the breadth of territory over which it rules, but also in its own extent and wealth
post #83 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:24
Baron Dants

When half the players in the league are from Canada, the odds of a Canadian pulling a cheapshot are much higher.

Your very own Alexander Perezhogin (very good player, btw) hit someone across the face with his stick in the AHL.. spare me the morality lessons.
post #84 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:27 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
When half the players in the league are from Canada, the odds of a Canadian pulling a cheapshot are much higher.

Your very own Alexander Perezhogin (very good player, btw) hit someone across the face with his stick in the AHL.. spare me the morality lessons.
Uhm, you mean the incident where the American player cross checked Perezhogin in the face and then attempted to swing his stick at Alex's head which lead to Alex's retaliation?

Like I said, watch the '72 Summit Series, 84 Canada Cup, 86 Canada Cup, 96 World Championships( Canada vs. Czech Rep.) to see how Canada plays.

post #85 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:28 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:

Ridiculous, it's well known in the hockey world what nation plays the dirtiest. No one comes close to Canada in that department.

post #86 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:49
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
When is the last time the ruskies won something internationally?

Canada does produce the best players...and they are the ones that lead thier teams to the Cup every year.

Ruskie players are known for their lack of heart and for being pussies...they only are there for the paycheque...once the playoffs roll around and the stakes are high, they go into hiding...happens all the time.

Funny that shots are made at Canada's skill by one kid who just doesn't have a clue, but no ruskie comes close to the skill and leadership of of Gretzky, Lemieux, Sakic, Yzerman, Messier, Neidermayer, Lecavalier, Crosby, etc. Or wait, they are also talentless goons? Those guys won (apart from the young Crosby) everything you can win...World Cup, Olympics, Stanley Cup...etc...the rsukie me-first players can only dream of that kind of success.

Funny also that in international play where there is no fighting that the ruskies can't win shit there either now...just lots of excuses and false claims of "we are the best" (actually reminds me of their football NT)

PS How come in Jr hockey Canada always humiliates the ruskies on the way to gold? No fighting there....so whats the excuse?

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.

#weareCroatia
post #87 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:51 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Junior hockey? You want to talk junior hockey? What country has the most all time Gold medals in World Junior competition? Here's a clue...it's not Canada.

post #88 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 19:16
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante
When is the last time the ruskies won something internationally?

Canada does produce the best players...and they are the ones that lead thier teams to the Cup every year.

Ruskie players are known for their lack of heart and for being pussies...they only are there for the paycheque...
Which leads to a question... Why do Canadian/US owners buy Russian players in the first place? Are they all stupid or what?

Caipirinha: 6
Brazilian NT shirt: 70
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #89 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 19:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Russian hockey is pretty entertaining to watch at times, but really, it's hilarious how some guys doesn't want to take the job defensively.

It's fun though.

Btw, Ovechkin is a ****ing legend, I love the way he jokes around with his teammates and makes fun of them. Hilarious IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #90 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 20:35 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
Which leads to a question... Why do Canadian/US owners buy Russian players in the first place? Are they all stupid or what?
And why do Russian players get paid such high wages? Because they put butts in the seats. The fans want to see exciting hockey.

post #91 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 22:28
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Hajduk, vatreni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Junior hockey? You want to talk junior hockey? What country has the most all time Gold medals in World Junior competition? Here's a clue...it's not Canada.

Don't talk about the 70s and 80s when all the young soviet players spent months together before the tournaments, most players coming from one or two teams. Whereas in Canada the players have a two week tryout/training camp before the tournament and the players are pulled from 3 junior leagues, plus college hockey and other leagues. It's rare to have more than 2 players form the same team.

Do we need to go into Hart, Art Ross, Conn Smythe Trophy winners? I can bring up those stats as well.

I still dare you to come up with any Russian player who was on the same level as Gretzky, Lemieux or Orr.

here are the medal results the last 20 years:

That's Canada -- 11 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze
Russia/USSR/CIS -5 Gold, 9 Silver, 3 Bronze
Attached Images

Ja! Ja sam BARABA!
Ja sam veliki Jack!
post #92 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 22:54 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Soo basically Russia has the most medals all time....that's the fact of the matter. Plus Russia plays better hockey, unlike Canada, a team that cures my insomnia when need be.

post #93 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 00:49
Rising Star

Teams: Macedonia, Canada & Vardar
I think we had the same argument last year.
post #94 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 02:39
Star Player

Teams: Jure M Football Cub
For me the best European players ever are Jari Kuri, Peter Statsny and Teemu Selanne.

+ Jagr was good while he was at Pittsburg... and Forsberg had looked great for a while with Colorado...

Peace on Earth
post #95 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 02:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Croat
For me the best European players ever are Jari Kuri, Peter Statsny and Teemu Selanne.
Yeaaaaaaaaaa.

Jagr, Kharlamov, Lidstrom, Hasek, Petrov, Fedorov, Bure, and many more are all better than these guys.

post #96 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 05:12 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Gaborik scores 5 tonight against the Rags !

post #97 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 09:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Gabby 5+1 tonight
post #98 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 10:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Incredible night for Gaborik and he could've scored even more if it wasn't for Henrik Lundqvist.

5+1 is huge IMO

What about Sidney Crosbys Gordy Howe-hattrick in 25 minutes? He sure did have a good game.

Ference should've kicked his ass more though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #99 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 12:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Chara-Laraque, unfortunately they both lost balance before the fight started
post #100 of 3776 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 12:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

what a night

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in