EE Hockey - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 10:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I used to dislike Colorado Avalanche because of their rivalry with Detroit Red Wings back in the days.

These games were sick back in the days with everything in them, but the Avs became less competetive when they missed the play-offs after the lock-out, so I stopped disliking them for some reason.

I guess it's the lock-outs fault

I've always liked Joe Sakic though, he's such a great leader and a legend at the Avs-organization.

I'd say that I like Paul Stastny the most at the Avs currently, he had a really good rookie year and continues to show progress this season, already has 41 points on 34 games which is promising IMO. He could reach his fathers numbers if he stays healthy, but he has a long long way to go.

His father even played with Sakic which is quite sick.

Ovechkin is a machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 10:44
Star Player

Teams: Jure M Football Cub
Lucic could be a good player in a couple of years, he should of played another year of junior.

Peace on Earth
post #63 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 13:25 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric
I used to dislike Colorado Avalanche because of their rivalry with Detroit Red Wings back in the days.

These games were sick back in the days with everything in them, but the Avs became less competetive when they missed the play-offs after the lock-out, so I stopped disliking them for some reason.

I guess it's the lock-outs fault

I've always liked Joe Sakic though, he's such a great leader and a legend at the Avs-organization.

I'd say that I like Paul Stastny the most at the Avs currently, he had a really good rookie year and continues to show progress this season, already has 41 points on 34 games which is promising IMO. He could reach his fathers numbers if he stays healthy, but he has a long long way to go.

His father even played with Sakic which is quite sick.

Ovechkin is a machine
Yea Sakic's a class act. One of thew few Canadian players who's very skillful and also very classy. I've never seen Joe take a cheapshot at anyone. And of course his wrist-shot is one of the best of all-time.

the Russian language surpasses all the others of Europe, not only in the breadth of territory over which it rules, but also in its own extent and wealth
post #64 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 13:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

My first fav team were Quebec Nordiques in 1980ies. After removing franchise to Colorado I wasn´t following them anymore.
post #65 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 13:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Joe Sakic
post #66 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 13:37 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo
My first fav team were Quebec Nordiques in 1980ies. After removing franchise to Colorado I wasn´t following them anymore.
This is what I hate about American proffesional sports. They move franchises like it was nothing. Disregarding the fans just for a few more bucks.

the Russian language surpasses all the others of Europe, not only in the breadth of territory over which it rules, but also in its own extent and wealth
post #67 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 13:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

In salary cap era they´d probably survive. Who knows ?
post #68 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 14:33
Baron Dants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo
The Montreal-Quebec rivalry was something else altogether. I hate the NHL for allowing teams to move from hockey hotbeds like Quebec, and creating new teams in such great hockey markets as Nashville..

Dmitri, you gotta be kidding about the 'few' skillful and classy Canadian players thing.
post #69 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 14:40 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Dants
The Montreal-Quebec rivalry was something else altogether. I hate the NHL for allowing teams to move from hockey hotbeds like Quebec, and creating new teams in such great hockey markets as Nashville..

Dmitri, you gotta be kidding about the 'few' skillful and classy Canadian players thing.
How many Canadian players are highly skillful and not dirty mental cases all at once?

Skaic
Kariya
Crosby

can't think of many more.

post #70 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:04
Baron Dants

Brodeur, Spezza, Lecavalier, Saint-Louis, I'd mention Brière if I weren't such a big Montreal Canadiens fan (lol), Redden, Marleau, Souray, Gagné, Niedermayer, it goes on and on..
And Steve Yzerman was the definition of class itself when he played the game.
Besides idiots like Lindros and Belfour, I don't think Canada has anything to be ashamed of.
post #71 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:06
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Hajduk, vatreni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
How many Canadian players are highly skillful and not dirty mental cases all at once?

Skaic
Kariya
Crosby

can't think of many more.
What about:

Lecavalier
Iginla
Heatley
Spezza
St. Louis
Thornton
Richards
Briere
Marc Savard
Patrick Kane
St. Louis
Rick Nash
Alex Tanguay

Do you need any more names?

I just eats away at you that the best and most skilled players in the history of the game were Canadian.

Gretzky
Lemieux
Orr

No Russian ever came close to those guys.

Ja! Ja sam BARABA!
Ja sam veliki Jack!
post #72 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:06 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

How could I forget my idol Yzerman?

Alot of French-Canadians there btw,

Canada has nothing to be ashamed of? Well if you say so. I guess breaking ankles and dirty play are nothing to be ashamed of?

post #73 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:07 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraba
What about:

Lecavalier
Iginla
Heatley
Spezza
St. Louis
Thornton
Richards
Briere
Marc Savard
Patrick Kane
St. Louis
Rick Nash
Alex Tanguay

Do you need any more names?

I just eats away at you that the best and most skilled players in the history of the game were Canadian.

Gretzky
Lemieux
Orr

No Russian ever came close to those guys.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #74 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:08
Baron Dants

Is this about 1972 again? lol
post #75 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:08
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Hajduk, vatreni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Canada has nothing to be ashamed of? Well if you say so. I guess breaking ankles and dirty play are nothing to be ashamed of?
*cough*Darius*cough*Kasperitis*cough**cough*

Ja! Ja sam BARABA!
Ja sam veliki Jack!
post #76 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:09 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Dants
Is this about 1972 again? lol
1972 is just one of many incidents of Canadian thuggery in hockey. Perticularly against Russians and Czechs. I understand the Canadian players though, when you're playing against players with superior skill you have to resort to thuggish tactics.

post #77 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:10 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraba
*cough*Darius*cough*Kasperitis*cough**cough*
Kasparaitis....ok....I can name 100 Canadian players who make Darius look like a little girl when it comes to dirty play.

post #78 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:12 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

"Canada produces the most skillful hockey players"...lmao! Funniest shit I've heard all year.

Canadians can only dream about scoring the kind of goals Russians score.

post #79 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:16 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Oh you Canadians, what would we do without you? Hockey just wouldn't be the same without your crazy psychotic fits.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9RE9RGrVY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ht6RyAI9370

http://youtube.com/watch?v=imkXQ093o1c

post #80 of 3778 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 15:20
Baron Dants

No need to dream when you're winning everything, lol.
Listen, I know you harbor some particularly strong negative sentiments, so I won't engage in a never-ending debate, but when you look at the top Canadian players, even the tough ones are some seriously skilled fothermuckers, and the latest Canadian prospects are, as always, giving a sign that it's still going to remain that way for a long, long time.
I'm not saying Russians aren't skilled (I thank God for Andrei Markov every day), but to argue that the two teams aren't even comparable is laughable. Especially when, if I may state it again, Canada usually wins.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in