Scotland
Slovenia
Lithuania
Malta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2015, 00:58 Thread Starter
Rookie

I think for starters is a very balance group . I believe that Slovakia has a big chance of qualifying from this group, probably some will tell me that in crazy for what im gonna say but , after watched that Slovakia beat spain in this campaign for the euro 2016 I think is a chance that you finish first, but at the same time as I said is a balance group ithink that most reralistic is that the battle for the two paces one that qualify direct ly and the other to the play-off . I think is gonna be between the two Slavic countries against the to british countries for the side of the Slavic countries we have Slovakia and Slovenia , and fro the british we have England and Scotland I think the battle for qualification will be between this four countries Lithuania has a chance but is very slim while Malta has not chace at all.What did you think about Slovakia chances of making it to Russia 2018 guys?.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2015, 00:59 Thread Starter
Rookie

sorry for my grammar mistakes guys

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2015, 08:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

welcome here striker and thanks for doing this thread
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2015, 08:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Slovakia is desperately incosistent in making it outof Qualification, we made it in 2010, then embarassed ourselves in next two Q campaigns, England will most probably finish first, 2nd spot is imo between Slovakia and Slovenia, not sure about Scots, great football nation I always deeply respected, seen them vs Germany and they gave World Champs good run for their money, however once they leave islands they suddenly turn from mad dogs to puppies.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2015, 21:20 Thread Starter
Rookie

kajoo thanks ,for the welcoming well , I think that England in not unbeatable team, besides this campaign the had a perfect campaign , but to tell you the truth I think Slovakia will over come them. I don't know where Slovakia is gona play them, Bratislava , Trnava or Zilina but I can tell that I think you will beat them to me the score that I will see in September 2016 is this score:

Slovakia 2-1 England
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2015, 21:24 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well I cant say about Scotland chances. Since Scotland and Slovakia haven't played in a qualifiers ,but I think both are on the same level in football while Slovenia is a step lower than both. Probably as you said England win the group but probably more realistic will be a three sides battling for second spot.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2015, 20:32 Thread Starter
Rookie

Slovakia record against British teams in different qualifiers:

England 2-1 Slovakia
Slovakia 1-2 England
Wales 1-5 Slovakia
Slovakia 2-5 Wales
Slovakia 2-1 Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland 0-2 Slovakia
no bad record against British Teams so I see there is a chance that you get 1rst place in the world cup qualifiers.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2015, 23:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker1973 View Post
kajoo thanks ,for the welcoming well , I think that England in not unbeatable team, besides this campaign the had a perfect campaign , but to tell you the truth I think Slovakia will over come them. I don't know where Slovakia is gona play them, Bratislava , Trnava or Zilina but I can tell that I think you will beat them to me the score that I will see in September 2016 is this score:

Slovakia 2-1 England
would be nice but I think that England always had our number, even as Czechoslovakia, and now Slovakia, we never played wellvs England.

Most definitely we will play vs England in Trnava or Zilina, not in Bratislava, due to lack of stadium of international standards. My guess is Trnava, 20k allseater.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2015, 23:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Well I cant say about Scotland chances. Since Scotland and Slovakia haven't played in a qualifiers ,but I think both are on the same level in football while Slovenia is a step lower than both. Probably as you said England win the group but probably more realistic will be a three sides battling for second spot.
agreed, England clearly atop, and three-way fight for 2nd spots between Svk, Slo and Sco

Seen Scotland vs Germany at home, they played really great game, Scotland away will be tough fixture
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2015, 23:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Slovakia record against British teams in different qualifiers:

England 2-1 Slovakia
Slovakia 1-2 England
Wales 1-5 Slovakia
Slovakia 2-5 Wales
Slovakia 2-1 Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland 0-2 Slovakia
no bad record against British Teams so I see there is a chance that you get 1rst place in the world cup qualifiers.
Attended Englandīs home loss (1-2) in Bratislava (also on U21 day before in Trnava) remember it like it happened yesterday, because day before U21 game (and 2 days before big teams game) my older daughter was born (10.10.2002)

Last edited by Kajoo; November 11th, 2015 at 18:29.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2015, 01:48 Thread Starter
Rookie

I think in a way , England and Scotland gonna take points from each other you known they have decades of football rivality that come from even before FiFa even existed probably that will give Slovakia the edge over the to british teams, their rivality is the same that the rivality between Slovakia-Czech Republic even yours is almos youth came after the velvet divorce of Czechoslovakia while their rivality have been for decades but I think if they take points from each other will be fun cause England tend to win the first game most of the time but the second tend to lose it, but will find out next year .
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2015, 18:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

yeah they can nullify themselves, two draws would be perfect outcome for us and Slovenians
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2015, 23:31 Thread Starter
Rookie

no related to the world cup, but a friendly more related to what Slovaks spect from the national team in france 2016 , I see the result of this friendly:

Slovakia 3-2 Switzerland that give a lot of positive that Slovakia will do well in the euro cup and the Russian 2018 qualifiers
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2015, 18:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

seen the game, we were extremely effective, 3 SOGs and 3 goals, Swss team woke up when it was 3-0 for Svk. To sum it up, we were better side first 60 minutes, they were better side in last 30. Well deserved win imo.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2015, 00:15 Thread Starter
Rookie

even this is about world cup, I just want to know something , cause many time I've read some articles including republic of Ireland as a home nation and they have nothing to do with the UK nations , Slovakia has played against Northern Ireland for south Africa 2010 and the Republic of Ireland for the euro 2012 is any difference in the play or the Republic of Ireland play the same British system as the british team of northern Ireland , Im ask this cause I guess you watched those games against both Ireland's, I hope Slovakia gets a very balance group in the euro, and I will wait til next year for the world cup qualifiers that im waiting a lot .
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2015, 12:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

remember both our away games, but none of the home ones, weird huh ?

N.Ireland couldnt score against us, Skrtel was in beast mode. Rep.of Ireland game was quite unlucky loss for us, Ireland was defending very tightly, we missed our chances, and lost. Style of a play similar for both irish teams, many long efforts, long balls, tons of aerial duels. Repiublicīs defence tighter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in