Corgon Liga 2011/2012 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2011, 12:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Corgon Liga 2011/2012

The fixtures --> http://www.futbalsfz.sk/slovensko/co...-novacika.html

Does anyone know when the lower league fixtures will follow? I'm in Wien probably the weekend of August 20th and certainly will catch a match in Slovakia that's why .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2011, 14:28
Premier Player

Teams: MFK Kosice, Slovakia NT, Jahn Regensburg, German NT
I will go on record as saying I cannot see anyone other than Slovan winning the Liga. Which is absolutely fine as they offer Slovakia the best chance on the European level - even though that may not mean much.

I would like to see Košice make a return to top-half form. Money appears to be an issue though. That is the case almost everywhere, I suppose.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 14:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoert View Post
Does anyone know when the lower league fixtures will follow? I'm in Wien probably the weekend of August 20th and certainly will catch a match in Slovakia that's why .
Our main match we want to visit is the Wien-derby, that one is placed on August 21st.

Do you guys have any advice for Friday (is there football on Friday in Slovakia?) and / or Saturday football in Slovakia?

Thanks in advance.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 15:59
Premier Player

Nice to see Kosice with a whopping 2 points out of their first 2 matches.

*sigh*
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 16:00
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Quote:
Our main match we want to visit is the Wien-derby, that one is placed on August 21st.

Do you guys have any advice for Friday (is there football on Friday in Slovakia?) and / or Saturday football in Slovakia?

Thanks in advance.
If there's nothing in Slovakia you can always take a short trip to Hungary for a match.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 16:04
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
If there's nothing in Slovakia you can always take a short trip to Hungary for a match.
A trip to Hungary is ALWAYS a great thing. Especially with little towns like Esztergom right across the river and over the Hungary/Slovakia border.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 23:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I´m tempted by Bp groundhopping one nice weekend, perhaps some combination of NB2 game of MTK, then NB1 Ujpest or anything else in Bp.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 23:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Friday evening use to be one fixture but no clue what game, probably depends on Slovan´s CL preliminaries success. If Slovan gets further there is a chance they´ll play Tuesday (CL) - Friday (Corgonliga)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 23:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Knoert, check out the fixtures here. So far all games Corgonliga are assigned to Saturday, August 20th, but as I said above it can change yet, depends on Slovan´s CL or EL fixtures

Slovan has Vion Z.Moravce at home this weekend. Corgonliga gamedays are Friday (1 game), Saturday (3 games) & Sunday (3 games)

http://www.kicker.de/news/live-news/..._fussball.html
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 12:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I see it's very exciting in the league actually, the first five are within just three points from eachother while at the bottom it will be between DAC and Tatran Presov.

I think it's likely Slovan will recover now their European adventure is over? Can't see Senica and Zlate Moravce hold on to the end but Trnava and Zilina can fight for the title too I think.

We'll restart not before the fourth weekend of February...
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 15:38
Roland Romeyer
Premier Player

Teams: Saint-Etienne
Slovan ftw I think. They'd make a great champion

Teams I like: Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia), Peńarol (Uruguay), Chicago Fire (USA), Volgar Gazprom Astrakhan (Russia), Vannes (France), Dundee FC (Scotland), Arsenal (England) and Hammarby (Sweden).
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 20:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Slovan takes title this year, agreed. But it´s by far the most exciting season I remember, everyone from top5 is in it.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2012, 18:09
Rookie

Hey Guys!

i am trying to get an overview about defensive midfielders from leagues i don't know that much. unfortunately, this includes your league .

anyway, you guys can help me turn things around. i'm interested in defensive midfielders, or to be precise: which actors are the most impressing in your league and why (like stamina/ offensive/defensive qualities, ball control and so on).

i'm looking forward to your opinions and answers and hope to get to know your league a little bit better than i do right now.

best wishes
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2012, 22:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hi, welcome here

Corgonliga´s best DM´s was imo Karim Guedé who just moved from Slovan to Freiburg, and will be replaced by Kamil Kopunek who returned from Bari (Serie B) - Kopunek is the dude who scorer gwg vs Italy in 2010 World Cup. Anothe Slovan´s DM is czech Jiří Kladrubský who joined Slovan before this season from Sparta Praha. Slovan actually loaned Mário Pečalka from Hapoel Tel Aviv who can play both CM and DM.

Another above average Corgonliga´s DM is ageing Miroslav Karhan who returned to his native Spartak Trnava before this season from Mainz. Trnava´s another DM is Marek Kaščák who joined Trnava from Sigma Olomouc.

Vion´s DM is Milan Pavlovič, late bloomer who spent most of his career in minor leagues. Interesting is that Vion´s CB Marek Janečka was loaned to 2nd Bundesliga (Hansa Rostock) where he is projected to be DM, no idea how this experiment turns out.

MŠK Žilina: Viktor Pečovský
One of the most controversial move of last summer involved DM Viktor Pečovský who moved from Dukla Banska Bystrica to MŠK Žilina. Pečovský was member of slovakian U19 bronze team from European Championship (2002, Norway) and icon of Dukla BB. Seen him to play vs Benfica in 2004 and he bossed the midfield for good 60 minutes, but got little support from his team-mates and BB lost 0:3. Never understood why he never moved to better league, he got wasted there in Dukla.

Dukla B.Bystrica´s current DM is Jakub Brašeň.
Tatran Prešov - Peter Lipták. Prešov just got on 6-months loan Štefan Zošák from MFK Žilina.

Before this season, MFK Košice lost DM Robert Cicman (Slavia), while Kamil Kuzma wanted to leave (apparently Slovan and Zilina were interested) but then he decided to extend. One of the better league´s DM.

Ružomberok got 19yo DM Richard Lásik from Brescia on 6 months loan during winter transfer window.

DAC D.Streda - Jaroslav Hílek

AS Trenčín - Aldo Baez (Argentina), Vojtech Horváth, Lukáš Ďuriška

Senica - Tomáš Strnad (Czech rep.)

Nitra - Miloš Šimončič, Igor Držík
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2012, 17:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Trencin's Duriska moved to AGOVV recently.

Why do you want to know, Port_Lincoln?
In the Spanish section someone had this similar question about the Segunda Division, and I saw this question in more forums.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2012, 14:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Trencin's Duriska moved to AGOVV recently.
true, I forgot about him
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2012, 19:15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
Hi, welcome here

Corgonliga´s best DM´s was imo Karim Guedé who just moved from Slovan to Freiburg, and will be replaced by Kamil Kopunek who returned from Bari (Serie B) - Kopunek is the dude who scorer gwg vs Italy in 2010 World Cup. Anothe Slovan´s DM is czech Jiří Kladrubský who joined Slovan before this season from Sparta Praha. Slovan actually loaned Mário Pečalka from Hapoel Tel Aviv who can play both CM and DM.

Another above average Corgonliga´s DM is ageing Miroslav Karhan who returned to his native Spartak Trnava before this season from Mainz. Trnava´s another DM is Marek Kaščák who joined Trnava from Sigma Olomouc.

Vion´s DM is Milan Pavlovič, late bloomer who spent most of his career in minor leagues. Interesting is that Vion´s CB Marek Janečka was loaned to 2nd Bundesliga (Hansa Rostock) where he is projected to be DM, no idea how this experiment turns out.

MŠK Žilina: Viktor Pečovský
One of the most controversial move of last summer involved DM Viktor Pečovský who moved from Dukla Banska Bystrica to MŠK Žilina. Pečovský was member of slovakian U19 bronze team from European Championship (2002, Norway) and icon of Dukla BB. Seen him to play vs Benfica in 2004 and he bossed the midfield for good 60 minutes, but got little support from his team-mates and BB lost 0:3. Never understood why he never moved to better league, he got wasted there in Dukla.

Dukla B.Bystrica´s current DM is Jakub Brašeň.
Tatran Prešov - Peter Lipták. Prešov just got on 6-months loan Štefan Zošák from MFK Žilina.

Before this season, MFK Košice lost DM Robert Cicman (Slavia), while Kamil Kuzma wanted to leave (apparently Slovan and Zilina were interested) but then he decided to extend. One of the better league´s DM.

Ružomberok got 19yo DM Richard Lásik from Brescia on 6 months loan during winter transfer window.

DAC D.Streda - Jaroslav Hílek

AS Trenčín - Aldo Baez (Argentina), Vojtech Horváth, Lukáš Ďuriška

Senica - Tomáš Strnad (Czech rep.)

Nitra - Miloš Šimončič, Igor Držík
wow, thank you so much, quite interesting and for sure detailed i never expected, to get such an great overview.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2012, 23:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

you are welcome mate, enjoy the XT community
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2012, 10:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Zilina won, Trnava 2nd, Slovan 3rd
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 21:20
Premier Player

Difficult to see Zilina doing well in UCL, but there is always hope.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in