Robert Rák (FC Nitra) - 8 goals in last 3 Corgonliga games !!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2010, 17:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Robert Rák (FC Nitra) - 8 goals in last 3 Corgonliga games !!!

32 yrs old striker Robert Rák from FC Nitra scored 8 goals in his last 3 games

Day 28, Nitra vs Prešov 4:2 (Rák 3 goals)
Day 27, Petržalka vs Nitra 3:2 (Rák 2 goals)
Day 26, Nitra vs Ružomberok 3:1 (Rák 3 goals)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2010, 18:13
皇帝
Premier Player

Teams: ŠK Slovan Bratislava, Slovakia
So he woke up once again, good for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2010, 20:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Some real beauties among those goals scored.

Do you think he could be an option for Weiss ? If Novák could make it to NT from Corgonliga, why not Rák ?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2010, 20:43
皇帝
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
Some real beauties among those goals scored.

Do you think he could be an option for Weiss ? If Novák could make it to NT from Corgonliga, why not Rák ?
Well the difference between Novák and Rák is the age and also Rák is hot right now, that´s without any doubt, but who knows how long will it last. But with Weiss sitting on the bench only Rák seems as the better choice, after all he have to keep his form for a 2 months now.

Quote:
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2010, 20:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

noone is able to keep streak hot as this one. Rák is with 18 goals top Corgonliga scorer, 6 ahead of 2nd Lietava.

Age is a factor, agree. 32 yrs old has no future, he´s past his prime. Noone of our strikers abroad are exactly in form right now, so one - even if only from Corgonliga - in form goal scorer could improve us in this department.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2010, 21:06
皇帝
Premier Player

Quote:
noone is able to keep streak hot as this one. Rák is with 18 goals top Corgonliga scorer, 6 ahead of 2nd Lietava.

Age is a factor, agree. 32 yrs old has no future, he´s past his prime. Noone of our strikers abroad are exactly in form right now, so one - even if only from Corgonliga - in form goal scorer could improve us in this department.
True and also as we already saw it´s not wise to have Stoch and Weiss on both wings at a same time. Fortunatelly it seems that Vittek has awaken, Rák also seems as a reasonable option and Hološko is also doing a good job. All in all our offensive seems to be solid enough, MF with Stoch on the wing, Hamšík, Karhan, Štrba, Švento, Sapara and Šesták which can play both on the wing and in the offense is more than fine and defense...Well we all know that the man which we can´t rely on is Ďurica, Škrteľ should be fine till the WC but I don´t know about his form...it can be pretty screwed what would be a damn shame, Zabavník, Petráš, Pekarík and Čech are fine so if everything will go as it should we may make up a little suprise there.

Quote:
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2010, 21:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Švento sucks. He´s only fast, with average passing abilities, he almost never scores, plus he´s too light weight. I was never fond of him. Plus austrian bundesliga isn´t exactly upgrade to Czech or Slovak leagues. Being regular in Austria is as big as playing regular footie elsewhere in CE.

Ďurica has his NT spot granted by Weiss, they are buddies from their Artmedia/Saturn era. He can play like shit and still earn his spot

Martin Petráš is 30 and playing Serie B, I don´t expect nothing from him. Better to have young player like Hubočan who can still develop than old underachiever past his prime.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2010, 18:21
皇帝
Premier Player

Quote:
Švento sucks. He´s only fast, with average passing abilities, he almost never scores, plus he´s too light weight. I was never fond of him. Plus austrian bundesliga isn´t exactly upgrade to Czech or Slovak leagues. Being regular in Austria is as big as playing regular footie elsewhere in CE.

Ďurica has his NT spot granted by Weiss, they are buddies from their Artmedia/Saturn era. He can play like shit and still earn his spot

Martin Petrᚠis 30 and playing Serie B, I don´t expect nothing from him. Better to have young player like Hubočan who can still develop than old underachiever past his prime.
I never said that Švento will be anywhere but on the bench, however our top is too thin. We loose one player and we have to grasp for someone from lower categories, for example Švento. Hubočan is injured, IIRC he should be fine in June but who knows what will be with his form than, yet I´d like to see him there as well. And I never truly understood that Weiss-Ďurica relationship, Weiss seems to me as a type of coach who don´t give a damn about personal relationship when it comes to game but Ďurica is constantly screwing up and he is constantnly giving a change again and again. And than after that match with Norway in Žilina where he was responsible for both goals I hear from Weiss that he was great and it´s shame about that second goal. Am I blink or what?

Quote:
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2010, 18:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hubočan injuried ? He played full 90 minutes on Saturday in Tomsk (0:0) I was watching the stream he looked good and hungry. I think you wanted to say Škrteľ.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2010, 18:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalerab View Post
I never truly understood that Weiss-Ďurica relationship, Weiss seems to me as a type of coach who don´t give a damn about personal relationship when it comes to game but Ďurica is constantly screwing up and he is constantnly giving a change again and again. And than after that match with Norway in Žilina where he was responsible for both goals I hear from Weiss that he was great and it´s shame about that second goal. Am I blink or what?
same feelings here here, Ďurica is dreadfull and Weiss still calling him up. I wonder that other NT players aren´t complaining, Ďurica´s mistakes are costing them results.

I have feeling that Weiss is somehow involved in % from his transfers so he´s giving him those caps to increase his value.

Or Weiss can´t value CB´s properly ? It´s strange but how could anyone explain Valachovic playing in Wembley a year ago ? Or Strba playing CB in Poland ?

Last edited by Kajoo; April 19th, 2010 at 18:36.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2010, 19:27
皇帝
Premier Player

Quote:
Hubočan injuried ? He played full 90 minutes on Saturday in Tomsk (0:0) I was watching the stream he looked good and hungry. I think you wanted to say Škrteľ.
Didn´t he had something broken? I remember news from February about his injury and that he will be out for few months, but maybe I´m just having bad memory...

Quote:
same feelings here here, Ďurica is dreadfull and Weiss still calling him up. I wonder that other NT players aren´t complaining, Ďurica´s mistakes are costing them results.

I have feeling that Weiss is somehow involved in % from his transfers so he´s giving him those caps to increase his value.

Or Weiss can´t value CB´s properly ? It´s strange but how could anyone explain Valachovic playing in Wembley a year ago ? Or Strba playing CB in Poland ?
It´s not like players are used to complaining but Ďurica seems to be in his eyes like a 2nd best CB we have. I mean Weiss is always praising him, the attention he gets from media - I just can´t understand it. Players playing in NT for the sake of raising the transfer value is not something uncommon in Slovak NT but I thought that there is a limit where he can and can´t play and Weiss doesn´t seems to be type who will risk so crutial matches just for sake of raising Ďuricaś value. Honestly I don´t know what he see in him but he better be fantastic on WC, for all the mistakes he done and for all the goals he allowed (and scored) it´s the least he can do. Valachovic in game against Englang was...strange at least, I never saw that coming. Štrba on the other hand could be explained by all those players which couldn´t play because of the cards (IIRC it was Škrteľ, Hamšík, Stoch, Šesták and someone else).

Quote:
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2010, 19:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Didn´t he had something broken? I remember news from February about his injury and that he will be out for few months, but maybe I´m just having bad memory..
bad memory mate

Hubočan is in perfect health condition and recently won a staring job in Zenit. He plays LB instead of CB and plays well.

Quote:
It´s not like players are used to complaining but Ďurica seems to be in his eyes like a 2nd best CB we have. I mean Weiss is always praising him, the attention he gets from media - I just can´t understand it. Players playing in NT for the sake of raising the transfer value is not something uncommon in Slovak NT but I thought that there is a limit where he can and can´t play and Weiss doesn´t seems to be type who will risk so crutial matches just for sake of raising Ďuricaś value. Honestly I don´t know what he see in him but he better be fantastic on WC, for all the mistakes he done and for all the goals he allowed (and scored) it´s the least he can do.
Ďurica must own some nude pics of Weiss because I can´t logically explain wtf is going on with this Weiss´blind faith in him.

Quote:
Valachovic in game against Englang was...strange at least, I never saw that coming. Štrba on the other hand could be explained by all those players which couldn´t play because of the cards (IIRC it was Škrteľ, Hamšík, Stoch, Šesták and someone else).
Hamsik played. In Slovenia game we lost 3/4 of our defence (Skrtel, Durica and Zabavnik) they were replaced by Salata, Strba and M.Petras. Only the youngest and least experienced Pekarik stayed. How we managed to get a clean sheet is still beyond my understandings.

Last edited by Kajoo; April 19th, 2010 at 19:43.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2010, 08:34
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
hey, can we naturalize him?
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2010, 10:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
hey, can we naturalize him?
this would be easy since he never represented Slovakia. Rák is Hungarian from Rimavska Sobota / Rimaszombat

His sister is popular actress Viki Ráková, member of hungarian theatre in Košice/Kassa. She became famous as Ildikó from sitcom Susedia (Neighbours) where she spoke slovakian with heavy hungarian pronunciation.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2010, 19:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Robert Rák getting recognition in nation-wide media

http://futbal.sme.sk/c/5338392/najle...ra-weissa.html

Q: Do you think you have a chance to make it to NT ?
A: Coach Weiss preferrs players who helped the team to qualify to SA

Q: And when you keep scoring 2-3 goals each game ?
A: This is question for Weiss, not for me.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2010, 02:57
Premier Player

Teams: Czech Rep Nat, Sparta Praha, Chelsea, Moldavia
Kucka should be the starter in midfield in SA IMO, and Grajcar with his Beckham-like free kicks also merits a consideration as one of the subs....
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2010, 08:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Kucka has a good chance to be starter imo, not sure about Grajciar

vs Paraguay & Italy we´ll play 5-men midfield with 2 wingers, 2 DM´s and 1 AM

Stoch-------Hamsik------Sestak/Weiss
-------Karhan-------Strba/Kucka

vs New Zealand 2W+1DM+2AM

Stoch----Sapara/Kozak----Hamsik---Sestak/Weiss
--------------Karhan-------------------
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:08
Premier Player

Teams: Czech Rep Nat, Sparta Praha, Chelsea, Moldavia
Graijcar is not a starter IMO but could fill in a spot in case of injuries...Against NZ you don't need Karhan, replace him with Kucka and play 2 forwards up front, Sestak and Vittek/Svento
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

World Cup isn´t good stage for experiments, Karhan plays this season the best footie I´ve ever seen from him. The guy is money on DM.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2010, 22:47
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
Novak has better technique and is quicker than Rak, but Rak is a better finisher when everything is going well.

I prefer Novak, but neither will get many minutes anyway.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in