Slovan Bratislava thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 245 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2009, 05:39 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
Slovan Bratislava thread

Finally, after 10 years, Slovan is the champion of Slovakia again.

Fantastic season, Pecko did a brilliant job.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 245 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2009, 13:11
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: FIORENTINA
Congrats It must have been hard years, if I'm not mistaken, you played also 3rd league in meanwhile?!

"What is a club in any case ?
Not the buildings or the directors,
or the people who are paid to represent it.
It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses,
marketing departments or executive boxes.
It's the noise, the passion,
the feeling of belonging,
the pride in your city."

Sir Bobby Robson
post #3 of 245 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2009, 13:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

2nd.

3rd div is where plays our reserve team.

post #4 of 245 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2009, 13:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekalog View Post
Pecko did a brilliant job.
legend
post #5 of 245 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 14:13
Xtratime Legend

Good effort by Slovan Bratislava, especially after the time spent in the second division

Śuvres complčtes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #6 of 245 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2009, 00:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

thanks
post #7 of 245 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2009, 04:21 Thread Starter
International

I am seething with anger as I type this, but Pecko was fired by the management (), and replaced with Dusan Uhrin St., the former coach of Sparta Praha and the Czech national team.

No justification whatsoever, just some nonsense about having to do well in Europe. Just like Zilina when they fired Vrba; they changed from one of the most exhilarating Slovak teams ever to just another decent side because of one match in the Uefa Cup. Morons.

And now Slovan kicks a legend of the club to the curb after he won the title, simply amazing. I thought Tittel was better than this, I really did. What an incredible shame.

I hope Pecko is hired by Trnava and stuffs it to Tittel after this bullshit.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #8 of 245 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2009, 22:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

it´s shocking but later even Lacko Pecko admitted he can only learn from Uhrin sr. Legend

Slovan is heading to the group phase of Champions League and Slovan management somehow doubted that Pecko could do the job. I´ve seen Napoli game life, mid-table italian team made us look very mediocre in every area. It was just a friendly and players were thinking more on after-game celebration but still, I was thinking are we really going to the Europe with THIS ? Last-season´s Slovan stands no chance vs tougher opponents in Europe. Being good in Slovakia doesn´t mean a shit in Europe, we all know

Love Lacko Pecko but Slovan can´t decline their ambitions because of inability to do difficult decisions that could carry us to the promised land. With Kmotrik´s money and Uhrin sr. on bench, I start to believe we could somehow sneak into the ChL´s group stage.
post #9 of 245 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2009, 03:56 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
it´s shocking but later even Lacko Pecko admitted he can only learn from Uhrin sr. Legend

Slovan is heading to the group phase of Champions League and Slovan management somehow doubted that Pecko could do the job. I´ve seen Napoli game life, mid-table italian team made us look very mediocre in every area. It was just a friendly and players were thinking more on after-game celebration but still, I was thinking are we really going to the Europe with THIS ? Last-season´s Slovan stands no chance vs tougher opponents in Europe. Being good in Slovakia doesn´t mean a shit in Europe, we all know

Love Lacko Pecko but Slovan can´t decline their ambitions because of inability to do difficult decisions that could carry us to the promised land. With Kmotrik´s money and Uhrin sr. on bench, I start to believe we could somehow sneak into the ChL´s group stage.
I don't doubt Uhrin's quality, but Pecko deserves far more respect. They should have made this decision earlier, and should have told Pecko that something like this could maybe happen. Instead, it's a kick in the balls to a man who deserves far better. This is typical of Slovakian ambitions; always hurrying to do things as if it's life or death. Slovan will get more chances at the CL, since they are set up for a nice 3-5 year run to challenge for the title in the league.

Reminds me of the time when Artmedia got into the CL group stages, and wanted to build a stadium and buy all sorts of players and become a big side who could regularly get to the Uefa Cup or CL.

And we know how that turned out.

Quote:

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #10 of 245 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2009, 11:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Slovan needs to get rid of these sentiments while international succes of Slovan is urgent as never before and is really a thing of a hurry. In th early 1990ies Slovan use to be relegated by top teams like Real and AC Milan, later by respectable teams like Aston Villa, pre-Abramovich´s Chelsea, Dortmund, Kaiserslautern until we went downhill and were kicked in the balls even by semi-decent sides like Trabzonspor, Liberec, Famagusta or Rapid Vienna

1990ies and 2000ies were true disaster on international stage and Slovan never re-gained lost respect. I think everyone who remember last 20 painfull years can only applaud to club´s international ambitions. I was waiting too long, we have no time to wait until our head coach get´s some experience, we need a coach who has something under his belt RIGHT NOW !

L.Pecko is great guy, he´s an absolute Slovan legend in my eyes but if I could choose between Slovan with Pecko being relegated in 2nd preliminaries or with Uhrin sr. playing Group Stage of ChL, I´d take the second option and run.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed with or without Uhrin sr. we can discuss about a poor timing of this charade but hey, hiring coach as Uhrin sr. is always a positive change.

Last edited by Kajoo; June 20th, 2009 at 11:38.
post #11 of 245 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2009, 03:34 Thread Starter
International

The timing just looks unprofessional, but I do hope Slovan rises again.

Slovak football needs it, quite frankly.

Quote:

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #12 of 245 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2009, 09:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

up to the Europe
post #13 of 245 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2009, 08:49 Thread Starter
International

After the embarrassment against Ajax (0-5), Slovan lost 0-3 to Presov yesterday, and Dusan Uhrin St. resigned.

Can't say I'm surprised it turned out like this.

Quote:

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #14 of 245 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2009, 11:15
皇帝
Premier Player

Teams: ŠK Slovan Bratislava, Slovakia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekalog View Post
After the embarrassment against Ajax (0-5), Slovan lost 0-3 to Presov yesterday, and Dusan Uhrin St. resigned.

Can't say I'm surprised it turned out like this.
However managment didn´t accepted his abdication.

In my opinion the problem is not in Uhrin which done his job as he should but in some overrated primabalerinas which should be fired. Now I´m talking about experts like Kozák, Dosoudil, Halenár, Petras, Valachovic, Simao and such. Slovak is too old as we can see and Masaryk is once again prooving ourself that he is enought maximally on our league. But Kmotrik, in all his wisdom, fired Hanek which was one of the best defenders in the league and replaced him by Dosoudil the woodsman...
post #15 of 245 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2009, 11:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Dosoudil´s positioning is just bad + Saláta isn´t exactly defending genious, too. Our defence sucks. Shame that Valachovič isn´t any younger.

Our midfield is bellow average, only Slovák is worth of his money. Kozák is too slow. He was always slow but at least he could pass the ball. Now even his passing is dubious.

Our attack non-existant, in 5 european games we managed to achieve 4 goalless games. Halenár is overrated bum who shines in 1 of 10 games or so and doesn´t matter who is opponent. He´s able to shine vs Celtic one game and play like shit against Dubnicas or Vions of this world. Masaryk is...nah we all know who is Masaryk. 10% Demo version of Martin Jakubko at most.

I don´t blame Uhrin at all, he´s one coaching legend who just let himself fooled by former fame of Slovan. Slovan is laughing stock in Europe, officially.
post #16 of 245 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2010, 17:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Spartak Trnava - Slovan 0:3 today

post #17 of 245 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2010, 18:35 Thread Starter
International

Nothing new, really.

Slovan's league position looks a lot better than those seats.

Zilina has stumbled a bit recently, surprisingly, so it's looking good for Slovan, but it's still very close. Kosice have improved, and are only a few points behind Dubnica for that last spot. Going to be an interesting last two months.

Quote:

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #18 of 245 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2010, 17:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Slovak Cup final game

Slovan Bratislava - Spartak Trnava 6:0

Goals: 12. Saláta, 18. Božič, 34. Sylvestr, 65. Breznaník, 68. Guédé, 88. Dobrotka
Ref: Vlk
Booked: Kožuch, Schmidt, Banovič - Masaryk
Attendance: 3752

Spartak: Slovenčiak - Juhász, Banovič (68. Hlavatovič), Kožuch, Schmidt - Procházka, Kopúnek, Neto (21. Súkenník), Mikovič - Štyvar (46. Nascimento), Guldan

Slovan: Putnocký - Dobrotka, Saláta, Dosoudil, Had - Obžera, Guédé, Božič (53. Grendel), Breznaník (73. Ivana) - Masaryk, Sylvestr (81. Kuzma)

Last edited by Kajoo; May 11th, 2010 at 17:42.
post #19 of 245 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2010, 17:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

post #20 of 245 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2010, 20:14
皇帝
Premier Player

Teams: ŠK Slovan Bratislava, Slovakia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
Slovak Cup final game

Slovan Bratislava - Spartak Trnava 6:0

Goals: 12. Saláta, 18. Božič, 34. Sylvestr, 65. Breznaník, 68. Guédé, 88. Dobrotka
Ref: Vlk
Booked: Kožuch, Schmidt, Banovič - Masaryk
Attendance: 3752

Spartak: Slovenčiak - Juhász, Banovič (68. Hlavatovič), Kožuch, Schmidt - Procházka, Kopúnek, Neto (21. Súkenník), Mikovič - Štyvar (46. Nascimento), Guldan

Slovan: Putnocký - Dobrotka, Saláta, Dosoudil, Had - Obžera, Guédé, Božič (53. Grendel), Breznaník (73. Ivana) - Masaryk, Sylvestr (81. Kuzma)

You can´t even imagine how do I regret not beeing there as well, but I was on job interview today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in