WCQ: Czechs 1 - 2 Slovakia - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2009, 21:30 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
WCQ: Czechs 1 - 2 Slovakia

Jendrisek and Sestak with the goals. First win against our "brothers" () in like 10 years.Massive boost to our campaign, obviously.

Now watch us lose against San Marino.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2009, 21:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

hehe, first and last time we defeated Czechs was 12 years ago and I was on Tehelne Pole we played like Tasmanian devils

Great win today
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2009, 22:12
Premier Player

Teams: Czech Rep Nat, Sparta Praha, Chelsea, Moldavia
Congrats, I am not quite sure you will qualify yes (you need to be 1st in the group to qualify, 2nd place wont make it for sure). I think it will come down to the last match against Poland with you needing a draw and Poles a win to take the first place. I saw your match against England and Slovakia was ripped apart, tonight your defense was hardly tested and you still managed to f*ck up with an own goal, so who knows...

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2009, 23:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

England game was hardly a measure stick of our game since Weiss used strange line-up and defensive 4-5-1 formation.

Today he went up only with 4 players in same roles as vs.England, Skrtel, Hamsik, Sestak and Pekarik, partially Zabavnik in 2nd half of ENG game.

Jan Durica instead of Valachovic
Zabavnik was moved from DM to LB instead of M.Cech
Slow J.Kozak left on bench
Uninspiring Vittek was a sub
Mucha changed Senecky in net.
Strba from beginning

Last edited by Kajoo; April 1st, 2009 at 23:48.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:43 Thread Starter
International

Senecky is better than Mucha, who was decent tonight, but a little shaky.

Strba was a disaster, Durica a monster, Karhan did good defensive work but his passing was horrendous. Holosko had some good moments and Stoch gave us speed and width. Pekarik and Zabavnik were excellent.

The line-up seemed to work well, though I would replace Jendrisek with Sapara.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:16
Premier Player

It's sort of funny, I was watching England- Slovakia telecast on English station and commentators there were saying how easy the game was for England and how poor Slovakia was, like "on Wednesday we'll have much harder test against Ukraine, who are levels above this Slovakia team" and "I dont see how these Slovaks will get anything other than defeat against Czech Republic". I was thinking to myself that they obviously havent been watching Czech Rep matches to realize how poor this current Czech is. Hopefully, Slovakia can improve and be able to compete against big boys soon, this Czech team under Rada is not an opposition to measure yourself, unfortunately...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I was blaming Weiss for England loss and didn´t get some moves f.e. right CB Valachovic, 34 yrs old guy with tiring legs who isn´t the best even in Slovak league on his position, if Weiss wanted veteran leadership he could use Kratochvil (34) who´s slightly better on this position and plays in better league. Valachovic was awfull, was caught several times, let young Pekarik without help several times. It´s just one example.

Yesterday we´ve seen different team with improved attitude, spirit and quality. If Weiss sacrificed game vs.England for the sake of confusing all, hands down he´s done his job bloody well

Last edited by Kajoo; April 2nd, 2009 at 10:23.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekalog View Post
Senecky is better than Mucha, who was decent tonight, but a little shaky.

Strba was a disaster, Durica a monster, Karhan did good defensive work but his passing was horrendous. Holosko had some good moments and Stoch gave us speed and width. Pekarik and Zabavnik were excellent.

The line-up seemed to work well, though I would replace Jendrisek with Sapara.
Starting Jendrisek was unexpected, but smart move by Weiss. Everyone expected Vittek in the starting line-up but Weiss took the risk and added player who is starter in his club.

I´d give some credit to Strba, our midfield wasn´t shaky as vs.England and Strba made several good takeaways. in the first, Strba almsot set-up nice breakaway of Holosko who sucked it up.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:58 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
Starting Jendrisek was unexpected, but smart move by Weiss. Everyone expected Vittek in the starting line-up but Weiss took the risk and added player who is starter in his club.

I´d give some credit to Strba, our midfield wasn´t shaky as vs.England and Strba made several good takeaways. in the first, Strba almsot set-up nice breakaway of Holosko who sucked it up.
Defensively, he was solid, but his passing was poor and he was slow on the ball. Not a disaster, ok, but he can do more and it wasn't there yesterday.

Quote:

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 15:17
Premier Player

Durica was your best defender yestarday, but Skrtel was dissapointing. He looked like a statue against England and yestarday was lucky not to get sent-off, another referee and your team could have easily finished with 10 men
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 21:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Defence was rocking yesterday, they allowed to Czechs just one goal shot

Skrtel was outstanding yesterday despite scoring an OG. He was dominant in air, good passing, maybe he shouldn´t want to be everywhere because he´s ending to be nowhere. Little luck with avoiding sent-off. I think we could miss hin against mighty San Marino

Btw Boris, good luck for the next stage of Qualification. Fire Rada and you´ll get back on the track soon, quality is definitely there just the coaching is woeful.

Last edited by Kajoo; April 2nd, 2009 at 22:30.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 21:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

slovakian goals with slovak commentary

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 22:44
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
Defence was rocking yesterday, they allowed to Czechs just one goal shot

Skrtel was outstanding yesterday despite scoring an OG. He was dominant in air, good passing, maybe he shouldn´t want to be everywhere because he´s ending to be nowhere. Little luck with avoiding sent-off. I think we could miss hin against mighty San Marino

Btw Boris, good luck for the next stage of Qualification. Fire Rada and you´ll get back on the track soon, quality is definitely there just the coaching is woeful.
Thanks, if you let us get 3 pts in Bratislava we have a chance for play-offs if not then it's completely over. Btw your defense was a little worse than Slovenia, they allowed only 1 shot on goal against us

This qualification was definitely lost for Czech team when federation appointed Rada as a head coach. Now his firing will come too late. I think I told you guys that the group can't be any easier for you and this is likely the best shot you'll ever have for WC.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2009, 22:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

sounds a music to me, wish you were right.

If we´ll take a 3 pts against you again, I can book the plane tickets to south africa
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2009, 00:45
Premier Player

Teams: Arsenal, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, PL NT
San Marino must riiiiise againts the opression!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2009, 14:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

don´t wanna sound cocky but when your Qualifications hopes are getting pinned on Sanmarino, than you seems to be quite in trouble

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in