UEFA Cup 2007/2008: Petržalka - Mika - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who´ll advance in 2nd Q-ound ?
ARTMEDIA PETRŽALKA 5 100.00%
ZIMBRU KISHINEW 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 15:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

UEFA Cup 2007/2008: Petržalka - Mika

Who´s going to 2nd Q-Round ?

vs.

Last edited by Kajoo; June 29th, 2007 at 16:03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 16:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Infos about Zimbru from Wikipedia

FC Zimbru Chişinău is a Moldovan football club based in Chişinău. They have won the Moldovan championship eight times, more than any other club. The club was founded in 1947.

The name of the club means "bison" in Romanian. The club was previously known as Dynamo (1947-1949), Burevestnik (1950-1957), Moldova (1958-1965, 1967-1971), Avîntul (1966), and Nistru (1972-1990).

Soviet era
After the foundation Dymano played in the class B of Soviet football. The promotion was won by Burevestnik in 1955, and in 1956 they achieved the best result in the club's history, finishing sixth in class A. After staying in the bottom of the table for several seasons, Moldova were relegated in 1964.

The team spent some time in the First League with mixed results, from fighting against relegation in 1971 to mid-table performance to winning promotion to the Top League in 1973 and 1982. Nistru went straight back down after one season on both occasions.

After relegation in 1986, Nistru spent 1987 and 1988 seasons in the Second League, winning the regional tournament on both occasions, but winning promotion only in 1988. They returned to the First League and played there until the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

The best achievement of the club in the Soviet Cup was a quarterfinal in 1963.

[edit] Moldovan era
Zimbru were the dominant force in the Moldovan football of the 1990s, winning eight championships in nine seasons. This is more than any other Moldovan club has done so far (Sheriff Tiraspol has seven titles). In addition, Zimbru has been challenging FC Sheriff Tiraspol every year from 2001 on, finishing second in 1997, 2001, 2003, 2006 and 2007 and third in 2002 and 2004.

Zimbru won the Moldavian Cup five times and were the losing finalists twice, in 1995 and 2000.

Internationally, Zimbru's best performance in the UEFA Cup was in 1995/96, when they reached the second round proper. They have also reached the third qualifying round of the Champions League twice, in 1999/2000 and 2000/01.

Achievements
Divizia Naţională: 8
1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000

Moldavian Cup: 5
1997, 1998, 2003, 2004, 2007

Main Coach: Erik Okoko

Roster

Goalkeepers: Andrian Negai, Nicolae Calancea, Tomislav Pelin (Chorv.)

Defenders: Vadim Cravcescu, Alexei Savinov, Igor Armaš, Ilie Daniel Balasa (Rum.), Lucian Dobre (Rum.), Manuel Amarandei (Rum.), Mamuca Lomidze (Gruz.), Stipe Lapič (Chorv.), Iulian Erhan

Midfielders: Valentin Stan (Rum.), Vladimir Tanurkov, Andrei Cojocari, Goran Radnič (Chorv.), Boris Cebotari, Igor Tigirlas, Karen Aleksanjan (Arm.), Kiril Kovaľčuk (Ukr.), Maksim Francuz, Sergej Dacenko (Ukr.), Filip Popescu (Rum.)

Strikers: Galust Petrosjan (Arm.), Aleksej Ždanov (Rus.), Alexandr Nikulin (Rus.), Sergej Kirilov, Iurii Livandovschii
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 16:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Zimbru stadium:

Zimbru Stadium is a multi-use stadium in Chişinău, Moldova. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of FC Zimbru Chişinău. The stadium holds 10,600 people and was built in 2006.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 16:17
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
And again I have to say that I like a crest... here both teams have a nice one. It seems many eastern clubs have a nice club crest.

Difficult game imo... with slightly more chances for Artmedia. Or am I wrong with my opinion on Chisinau?

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 18:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I´d say 60-40 for Artmedia
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2007, 18:46
Lazing in a hammock
Premier Player

Teams: Arsenal
you'll pass us easily.. zimbru is in deep shit right know. Our board is pathetic and retarded. Only a miracle can send us into the next round.

"Anyone else notice how skinny Gallas' lower legs are? I think he's part deer. A type of Centaur-half, if you will. I'll get my coat."
(c) random sp*rs fan
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2007, 19:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hi newmoldo,
welcome on board !

What´s budget of Zimbru pls ?
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2007, 22:39
Lazing in a hammock
Premier Player

Hello

Well, the club don't tell us it's budget.. but zimbru has enough money to build a decent team.. too bad that our board is brainless. Every season we sell our best young players to our main rivals Sheriff and buy useless idiots from balcan and post sovietic countries. Our new stadium costed us 11000000$. The club owner is the Vice- President of Lukoil company so our financial state it's good. Unfortunately our Director of football ia a fcuking c*nt who stole money and ruin club's image.

"Anyone else notice how skinny Gallas' lower legs are? I think he's part deer. A type of Centaur-half, if you will. I'll get my coat."
(c) random sp*rs fan
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2007, 10:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Have seen the pics of you stadium, lovely small-sized stadium.

Don´t understand why club-owner keeps such a people in club-management.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2007, 22:55
Lazing in a hammock
Premier Player

They are close friends

(c) random sp*rs fan
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2007, 15:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Then your club president is dumb because he isn´t able to recognise TRUE friends. Someone who´s stealing his money and ruinig his effort can´t be the one.
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2007, 21:11
Lazing in a hammock
Premier Player

They all are Dumbs. The president don't really care about club's state. He lives in Moscow and comes to Moldova once in a year. Damn today again we lost points in our national league.. i'll be happy if we still have chances of qualifying after the first leg but i doubt this.

(c) random sp*rs fan
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2007, 21:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

If it helps right now Artmedia isn´t the team that beat up Celtic 5:0. They´ve finished 2nd far behind Champion MŠK Žilina in mediocre slovak top division and aren´t even close to it´s previous form.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2007, 21:32
Lazing in a hammock
Premier Player

Nah.. it doesn't It's not about top divisions. We just don't have decent players and when i say decent i just mean players who can stop the ball, make few passes , take shots and so on. The number of such men in our team is limited. We've lost our veterans and best players this summer and now we're playing with a bunch of kids. Recently we've appointed a new ukrainian coach.. but he's efforts are useless with our crap squad.

(c) random sp*rs fan
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 06:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

One never knows if this new coach doesn´t find some hidden gems in the boys

When struggling with stopping the ball etc I´d say the chances of Artmedia passing through Zimbru are slightly higher. 65-35
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2007, 15:41
Lazing in a hammock
Premier Player

Our Director of football has been sacked !!!!! It's a national holiday in Chisinau

(c) random sp*rs fan
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2007, 22:58
Lazing in a hammock
Premier Player

So, how was the match?1-1 it's a great result for us

(c) random sp*rs fan
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2007, 23:23
Rising Star

Teams: Inter Bratislava, Slovak NT, Czech NT
FC Artmedia Petržalka - Zimbru Kišiňov 1:1 (1:0) - hralo sa v NTC Senec

Góly: 20. M. Ďurica (z 11 m) - 70. Ždanov (z 11 m),
ŽK: 23. Guédé, 50. Patrik Mráz, 66. Borbély - 20. Calancea 59. Erhan, 66. Ždanov, 90. Stan, ČK: 87. Dosoudil - 87. Lomidze,
rozhodovali: Strahonja - Krmar, Novosel (všetci Chorv.), 2151 divákov

Zostavy:
Artmedia: Kamenár - Čišovský, Dosoudil, Burák (77. Pavol Ďurica), Patrik Mráz (55. Obžera) - Borbély, Guédé (71. V. Gajdoš) - Halenár, J. Kozák, M. Ďurica - Oravec
Zimbru: Calancea - Andronič, Savinov, Berbinšči, Lomidze - Hibaljuk - Kovalčuk (65. Nikulin), Stan, Cojocari, Frantuz (46. Erhan) - Ždanov (84. Krjučichin)

INTER BRATISLAVA THE GREATEST SLOVAK SIDE, 3 League Titles, 6 Slovak FA Cups, 2 Intertoto cups & 1 Central European Cup. Visit The Inter Site
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2007, 11:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

newmoldo,
haven´t seen the game however our press is deeply disappointed by Artemdia´s play.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2007, 18:43
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
That is an embarrassing result.

Shameful.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in