Intertoto CUP 2007 - SLOVAN BRATISLAVA vs RAPID WIEN, 2nd Round - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Intertoto CUP 2007 - SLOVAN BRATISLAVA vs RAPID WIEN, 2nd Round

Saturday, June 23rd, 18,00 CET
Venue: Stade du Thillenberg, Capacity 7150

FC DIFFERDANGE 03 - Slovan Bratislava

Something about home team (from wikipedia)

History
Differdange 03 was formed in 2003 as an amalgam of two clubs from the city of Differdange: FA Red Boys Differdange and AS Differdange. When the clubs merged, in time for the 2003-04 season, Red Boys was languishing in the bottom half of the Division of Honour, while AS was in mid-table position in the third tier of Luxembourgish football. The new club took Red Boys league position, and was promoted back into the National Division in the 2005-06 season, when the top division was expanded from twelve clubs to fourteen.

Red Boys Differdange had previously been one of the largest and most successful teams in Luxembourgish football, having won the Luxembourg Cup more times than any other team (14). During the 1920s and 1930s, Red Boys competed with Spora Luxembourg for dominance of Luxembourgish football. Red Boys was the more successful of the two, and won thirteen trophies in as many years between 1923 and 1936. Despite the staunch competition (Spora won 8 trophies in the same period), this record has never been matched.

Honours

As Red Boys Differdange
National Division
Winners (6): 1922-23, 1925-26, 1930-31, 1931-32, 1932-33, 1978-79
Runners-up (11): 1910-11, 1926-27, 1933-34, 1934-35, 1957-58, 1973-74, 1975-76, 1979-80, 1980-81, 1983-84, 1984-85
Luxembourg Cup
Winners (14): 1924-25, 1925-26, 1926-27, 1928-29, 1929-30, 1930-31, 1933-34, 1935-36, 1951-52, 1952-53, 1971-72, 1978-79, 1981-82, 1984-85
Runners-up (11): 1923-24, 1931-32, 1934-35, 1947-48, 1949-50, 1954-55, 1957-58, 1969-70, 1976-77, 1985-86, 1989-90

European Competition

As Red Boys Differdange
Red Boys Differdange qualified for UEFA European competition three times.

UEFA Champions League
First round (1): 1979-80
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
First round (3): 1972-73, 1982-83, 1985-86
UEFA Cup
First round (6): 1974-75, 1976-77, 1977-78, 1980-81, 1981-82, 1984-85
Red Boys never progressed past the first tie in any European competition. They won one match in Europe, winning their 1979 Champions League first leg 2-1 against Omonia Nicosia before losing 6-1 in Cyprus. In the 1984 UEFA Cup, Red Boys managed a surprise goalless draw with the giants of Ajax Amsterdam, but were crushed 14-0 in the return (which remains a UEFA Cup record).

Differdange roster:
Almeida Rodrigues André
Alves Dos Santos Miguel
Amodio Paolo
Bukvic Ante
Carème Laurent
Chalamadrier David
Christophe Marcel
Da Costa Camoes Miguel Luis
Da Silva Luis
DelBon Mike
Diop Ibrahim
Dominiques Nelson
Duarte Luc
Durakovic Enis
Gomes Thierry
Groune Karim
Lebresne Philippe
Monteiro Michaael
Parente Sandro
Peiffer Jérémie
Perreira Igor
Pires José
Piskor Pierre
Poos Antony
Schlentz Yannick
Simoes Ribeiro Phillipe
Soraire Dario
Terwer Claude
Wagner Jean

Coaching stuff: Serge BIX, Maurice SPITONI

Last edited by Kajoo; June 22nd, 2007 at 08:18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2007, 09:13
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
As you're a rare guest in the Club forum in the last weeks I'll have a look in here, Kajoo.

I'm happy for you that Slovan has reached the Intertoto Cup. Amazing isn't it, in the first season after the promotion.
Differdange shouldn't be a stumbling block.. but nevertheless I'll cross my fingers.
Rapid Wien will be tough and I'm also not very happy that you have to play against my fave Austrian team.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2007, 09:58
Rising Star

Teams: Inter Bratislava, Slovak NT, Czech NT
OHHH looks like Differdange 03 have quite a strong squad and a few south americans.

shouldnt prove to be very difficult though.

GOOD LUCK SLOVAN GOOD TO SEE A SLOVAK TEAM IN EURO COMPETITONS....

INTER BRATISLAVA THE GREATEST SLOVAK SIDE, 3 League Titles, 6 Slovak FA Cups, 2 Intertoto cups & 1 Central European Cup. Visit The Inter Site

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2007, 17:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hello Tobi,
welcome here ! During last 3-4 weeks I was rare guest on xtratime in generally due to load of work. Even today I´d be on construction site but last 2 days were so rainy that no earth works are impossible.

IMO it´s a small miracle we promoted to INTERTOTO Cup. I think Rapid will be the best possible opponent, still thinking about away game in mid of July. 2nd game not for sure, at the beginnig of August should my wife give a birth to my 2nd baby, don´t want to miss it
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2007, 17:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

game just started

0:0
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2007, 18:23
International

Oh, you've got loads of work at the moment. Not a nice time. I just wondered, because you also made no comment after the cup final. The silent epicure. Did you finally get a ticket? I tought 'no', because you didn't answer to my pm before the final concerning a meeting point in Berlin.

Is it 1-0 for Slovan at the moment? My live ticker says 1-0, but when I click on the game it's a 0-0.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2007, 19:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hi Tobi,
sorry for not responding your PM. I felt really stupid because I´ve told that I have this damn ticket but it wasn´t true yet unfortunately. Don´t want talk about it
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2007, 19:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

FC Differdange 03 - ŠK Slovan Bratislava 0:2 (0:1)

Goals: 32. Poliaček, 86. P. Sedlák
Booked: 90. Piskor - 81. Chlebek
Referee Kovačič, Linesmen Novosel, Havaič (all Croatia)

Line-ups
Differdange: Schlentz – Groune (70. Kintziger), A. Bukvič, Wagner, A. Rodriguez – Amodio (80. P. Ribeiro), Lebresne (80. B. Ribeiro), I. Diop, Peiffer - Soraire - Piskor

Slovan: Kiss - Kosmeľ, Struhár, Hanek, Szabó - Slovák, Chlebek, M. Kubala, Poliaček (58. P. Sedlák) - Masaryk (87. Ľ. Meszároš), Ibragimov
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 16:15
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo
Hi Tobi,
sorry for not responding your PM. I felt really stupid because I´ve told that I have this damn ticket but it wasn´t true yet unfortunately. Don´t want talk about it
Oh no.. that's really sad to hear. I feel with you mate. That explains everything, your absence to the FCN forum here. Not getting a ticket is sad, but not getting it although you had been told that you get one is even harder, and also so close before the game. Damn.. but.. there's always something more important than football...

..I wish you and your wife good luck for the birth. Do you already know if it will be a boy or a girl?

GLUBB

post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 16:16
International

oh.. and well done Slovan. That looks like 2nd round against Rapid.

GLUBB

post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 16:34
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiollama
oh.. and well done Slovan. That looks like 2nd round against Rapid.

It will be a big challenge against Rapid, however.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 16:55
International

Definitely, but as I can't really estimate the strength of Slovan it'll be pretty interesting.

GLUBB

post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 23:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Noone of us expected to play internationally first season after promotion. This teams needs depth and several positions should be strenghtened yet. Just wanted to say that my expectations aren´t exactly high and I don´t see us going too far in Europe. Howabout me I enjoy games with Rapid and will not blame anyone if Rapid kick us out.
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 23:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

So, as expected 40 Slovan hools in trouble again. From uknown reason were they throwing their shoes on pitch during the 2nd half. After the game realised that their bus is gone. Reason was simple: disgusted bus driver drove his bus back to Bratislava without fans who are now somewhere in Germany What´s worse, half of guys left their documents/clothes/money in bus.

Luxemburg side arranged transportation of Slovan fans to neighbouring german town Trier which was meantime probably set up in fire p

I suppose that people in Trier realise soon that the best solution will be sending them all by bus to nearest town eastwards direction. If each town will send them to nearest town eastwards direction there is a good chance that they´ll get home soon. We all hope within end of summer our boys are back

Last edited by Kajoo; June 25th, 2007 at 00:03.
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2007, 00:52
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo
So, as expected 40 Slovan hools in trouble again. From uknown reason were they throwing their shoes on pitch during the 2nd half. After the game realised that their bus is gone. Reason was simple: disgusted bus driver drove his bus back to Bratislava without fans who are now somewhere in Germany What´s worse, half of guys left their documents/clothes/money in bus.

Luxemburg side arranged transportation of Slovan fans to neighbouring german town Trier which was meantime probably set up in fire p

I suppose that people in Trier realise soon that the best solution will be sending them all by bus to nearest town eastwards direction. If each town will send them to nearest town eastwards direction there is a good chance that they´ll get home soon. We all hope within end of summer our boys are back

Classic.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2007, 03:35
Rising Star

The reason the bus driver drove was because they destroyed seats on the bus and were rude to the driver amongst other things. BRAVO DRIVER. Though Slovakian authorities are reportedly looking for the driver on reports of treason.. hahaha (not realli) haha

INTER BRATISLAVA THE GREATEST SLOVAK SIDE, 3 League Titles, 6 Slovak FA Cups, 2 Intertoto cups & 1 Central European Cup. Visit The Inter Site
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2007, 03:38
Rising Star

Good Win for slovan without players like svestka & Izvolt & using the reserve keeper. Hopefully a good result will follow at home and then Maybe just maybe a even better result against Rapid. After the Game at the press Boris Kitka spoke fluent german which impressed the Journalists. Futher enhancing the reputation of slovan in Europe. Sadly The Hooligans once again tarnished it haha...

post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2007, 09:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

There are always safety mallets placed between side glasses in bus. If necessary, passengers can break window and escape. It looks like this:

Acc.newest rumours some guys were trying if this safety mallet works. Worked perfectly
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2007, 09:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Let´s clear it up: Slovan fans aren´t guilty. This damn alcohol is.
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2007, 10:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in