AS Trenčín thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 150 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
AS Trenčín thread

Time for some life in this forum .

Why I start a topic about this club got several reasons, let's start with the first one.
A Dutch man called Tscheu la Ling has taken over (don't know the details) this club. His ambition is officially: 'we want to win the title and play Champions League within two years'.

Well, you may think, who is this guy? He's a former Dutch international, capped 14 times, played in the 70s and 80s for Den Haag, Ajax, Panathinaikos, Ol. Marseille and Feyenoord. After his playing career he started a career in the business world. He started his career in the wold of food and medical assistance for sporters. Also he got football-schools for youth and scouting-networks in Brazil, Argentina, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece. So... why a club in Slovakia? In this article (see link below) they gave as reason, there's a huge factory located on a 30 mins drive from Trencín, the company is called Milkon. Milkon is active in the world of food for babies and Ling knows people over there and he works for them sometimes. That company should become an important sponsor.

Ling doesn't want a job in the board, but he made a business plan already. With his contacts in those countries named above, he want to sign players and make the team stronger. When he got those players and so a stronger squad, he want to start with his food programme. Ling is sure his food-supplements can improve the physics of his players so much, they're going to play much better because of that. According to him there's a lot to win on that aspect. Players like van der Vaart (HSV), Sneijder (Ajax), Jenner (AZ) and S. Kalou (Chelsea) are his customers.
First he tried this story in Den Haag at his favourite club ADO, but they didn't have faith in him... so now he arrived at Trencín.
According to Ling, within several years people from different top-clubs out of Western-Europe all will take the plane to Slovakia.

http://www.ad.nl/denhaag/sport/article1087094.ece

Any news about this in Slovakia? How do the people react on him?

---

Second reason for this topic, my team FC Utrecht played a friendly versus Trencín and Senec two years ago for charity, and the teams have still contact.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 150 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 07:22
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
Well, that is rather bizarre.

Didn't find it in the Slovak papers, but if he said this today then it will surely prop up. Strange, truly strange. And I don't mean that negatively, don't take it the wrong way.

But to come to Trencin and say that you want to enter the CL in two years takes...well...balls.p

I'll keep looking for this story and how he progresses. Should be very interesting.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan
post #3 of 150 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 18:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

this move surprised me as well, they is no single mention about this trade yet.

Winnning the title, ChL...with team with their small fan-base and small-capacity stadium, not good investment IMO.

post #4 of 150 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 19:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Haha nothing about this in Slovakian press?

Honestly, I'm not joking, if you can open that link you can perhaps understand a few words of it. Also if you type in on google 'ling' and 'trencin' you'll find many articles reporting it, all in Dutch indeed.

The story is strange indeed, but very serious too, here in Holland... let me know when there's something more known about this in Slovakia, I'm really interested.
post #5 of 150 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 22:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Dutch language isn´t exactly my strenght

At any case I´ll check Monday´s newspapers. Thanks for details.
post #6 of 150 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 11:09
Rising Star

Teams: Slavia and Bohemians Prague, Rayo Vallecano
Actualy Trencin used to have solid attendances a few years back and had a good fan base. But the last two years went downward fanwise.
Small stadium? As far as I remember Na Sihoti has a capacity of about 15000 which is very solid in Slovak standarts.

But then this has absolutely surprised me. And it seems real, there realy are too many sources for this to be a hoax...But there are no news in the Slovak media, not on the internet or even on the official AS Trencin websiter. I'll wait for tommorows paper.

It will be interesting to see how things turn out. I hop this Dutchman can help the team grow, invest in training and in future players and turn around Trencin, which is fighting to stay in the top division.
post #7 of 150 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 12:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

it´s capacity is 16000, 5000 seats. If they wanna play UEFA-competition they have to rebuild it on all-seater, this will reduce capacity on 6-7 thousand.

Fanbase is small and I´d never described them as good. Good fans have Slovan, Trnava, Artmedia, Kosice, Nitra, maybe Zilina. Trencin fans are just hockey fans who switched to football once but now they don´t care.

Season 2006/2007
Round 2: AS Trencin - ZTS Dubnica 0:1, Attendance 1247
Round 4: AS Trenčín - Dukla Banská Bystrica 1:2, Attendance 1230
Round 6: AS Trenčín - Spartak Trnava 0:0, Attendance 3290
Round 9: AS Trenčín - Artmedia Bratislava 4:0, Attendance 1080
Round 11: AS Trenčín - MFK Košice 0:2, Attendance 1561
Round 12: AS Trenčín - Slovan Bratislava 1:2, Attendance 2486
Round 14: AS Trenčín - MFK Ružomberok 0:2, Attendance 820
Round 16: AS Trenčín - MŠK Žilina 1:1, Attendance 966
Round 18: AS Trenčín - Inter Bratislava 2:1, Attendance 565
Round 19: AS Trenčín - FC Nitra 0:0, Attendance 423
Round 21: AS Trenčín - FC Senec 0:1, Attendance 486

Last edited by Kajoo; February 25th, 2007 at 12:43.
post #8 of 150 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 12:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Average attendance of AS Trencin is 1286, together with Inter Bratislava bottom of league. Their home games attended only 14154 visitors in 11 games.

Definitely not football town worthy any investment nor Champions league.
post #9 of 150 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 13:21
Rising Star

Teams: Slavia and Bohemians Prague, Rayo Vallecano
I said that last two seasons were very bad fanwise in Trencin, but before I clearly recall them having a solid fans. But enough of this argument

I belive that any investment into our football should be welcomed, since it is greatly needed. And if Mr. Ling wants to invest in Trencin I think he should be encouraged to.
post #10 of 150 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2007, 06:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sure If Mr.Ling desire to waste his money, Trencin seems to be ideal place

There are some REAL football towns like Trnava, Kosice or Ruzomberok waiting on new sponsors, he´d go there, that´s my opinion. Teams with no fanbase are disgrace of our football they shouldn´t play 1st division, I don´t care about their tradition but average att.1200 what the hell is it ? Some 4th division teams like FC Tesedikovo have better atendances.
post #11 of 150 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2007, 17:13
International

Well, the new owner has brought an English manager, Rob McDonald, and they will bring youngsters from several academies around the world to Trencin for the next few years.

This will be interesting to watch, how it all develops.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #12 of 150 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2007, 12:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekalog
Well, the new owner has brought an English manager, Rob McDonald, and they will bring youngsters from several academies around the world to Trencin for the next few years.

This will be interesting to watch, how it all develops.
Exactly, article in a well-known Dutch magazine yesterday about Trencín, Ling and everything related.

Ling says he's got a huge network and he tipped for example Frutos (now Anderlecht) and Agüero (now Atlético Madrid) to several clubs but they didn't want to listen at the time, that was the main reason why he started this project, also his 'unique' food programme etc was a reason of course.
His next 'tip' is Angel di Maria, Argentinian as well, well, let's see or he'll be a future superstar...

McDonald is an English coach who worked in Holland before, his last club was an Irish one (Sligo Rovers), his assistant will be a specialized technique coach, he's Dutch and the dad of Dutch U21 player Julian Jenner, his name is Ton Jenner. There will be another Slovakian assistant, as well a Slovakian manager and commercial manager.

Ling's aim is to strenghten the squad as soon as possible to achieve something next season. On the long term, according to Ling, he's got seven / eight players from his network to probably come over from Romania, Greece and Argentina. They will arrive within a year... (there's no limited foreigners rule in Slovakia?)
A Dutch amateur side called TONEGIDO from Den Haag will be a kind of feeder-club for Trencín, when players from Ling's network aren't ready yet to play for Trencín, they will move to TONEGIDO where they'll receive a similar training as in Slovakia...

Also, he's still talking about his goals --> winning titles and playing Champions League and maybe more...

Still a weird story, but it's nice to follow...

btw, is it true Trencín's stadium can hold a 20000 crowd?
post #13 of 150 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2007, 03:48
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoert
Exactly, article in a well-known Dutch magazine yesterday about Trencín, Ling and everything related.

Ling says he's got a huge network and he tipped for example Frutos (now Anderlecht) and Agüero (now Atlético Madrid) to several clubs but they didn't want to listen at the time, that was the main reason why he started this project, also his 'unique' food programme etc was a reason of course.
His next 'tip' is Angel di Maria, Argentinian as well, well, let's see or he'll be a future superstar...

McDonald is an English coach who worked in Holland before, his last club was an Irish one (Sligo Rovers), his assistant will be a specialized technique coach, he's Dutch and the dad of Dutch U21 player Julian Jenner, his name is Ton Jenner. There will be another Slovakian assistant, as well a Slovakian manager and commercial manager.

Ling's aim is to strenghten the squad as soon as possible to achieve something next season. On the long term, according to Ling, he's got seven / eight players from his network to probably come over from Romania, Greece and Argentina. They will arrive within a year... (there's no limited foreigners rule in Slovakia?)
A Dutch amateur side called TONEGIDO from Den Haag will be a kind of feeder-club for Trencín, when players from Ling's network aren't ready yet to play for Trencín, they will move to TONEGIDO where they'll receive a similar training as in Slovakia...

Also, he's still talking about his goals --> winning titles and playing Champions League and maybe more...

Still a weird story, but it's nice to follow...

btw, is it true Trencín's stadium can hold a 20000 crowd?
Thanks for the story. Very interesting man.

Can the stadium hold 20000? Not out of the question. I believe the capacity is somewhere around that number, perhaps 15,000.

Quote:

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #14 of 150 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2007, 12:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

thanks for details, Knoert.

Trencin stadium "Na Sihoti" is old barn for 16 thousand.

"Sedenie" - seats
"Státie" - standing
"Hostia" - away visitors

some pics from game Trencin-Mocenok 2:1

post #15 of 150 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2007, 12:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

more pics of stadium "Na Sihoti" from official site www.astn.sk

Main Stand

post #16 of 150 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 17:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

What I forgot to say, I really like the stadium, especially with the castle in the background, it's unique!

However, why I post here again, Reginald Faria, a Dutch attacker can sign for Trencin, they're negotiating.
He's a moderate first division (2nd level) player who has not impressed me a lot over the past years, although I don't know the level of Trencin so perhaps he can improve the team. He started his career in Ajax youth academy, but he never played in the first team because he moved to FC Volendam. He played there for 4 season, then he moved to Haarlem for a half season, then he moved to TOP Oss for two seasons where his contract isn't renewed now. He scored 28 goals in 142 first division games.

post #17 of 150 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 17:31
International

If he's from the Ajax academy, then he is good enough for our league.

Quote:

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:

- Marshall McLuhan
post #18 of 150 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 20:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

boy will be supersta here
post #19 of 150 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2007, 01:14
Rising Star

Teams: Inter Bratislava, Slovak NT, Czech NT
yes he will but one player doesn't make a team. He will need someone to supply him with good crosses and passes and frankly trencin don't have a solid midfield.

INTER BRATISLAVA THE GREATEST SLOVAK SIDE, 3 League Titles, 6 Slovak FA Cups, 2 Intertoto cups & 1 Central European Cup. Visit The Inter Site
post #20 of 150 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 19:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

http://www.slowakije.net/index.php?page=10&item=1242

Some news, Piet Schrijvers is added to the Trencin staff to train the goalkeepers, also he'll act as a kind of assistant-coach.

Schrijvers is a former Dutch NT goalkeeper, he's got 46 caps played between 1971 and 1984. At the World Cup finals in 1974 and 1978 he was a reserve.

Matches for Holland

His experience as coach 1984 - now, not chronical;
- head coach Abcoude (Dutch amateurs)
- assistant coach PEC Zwolle (Dutch 2nd level)
- head coach FC Wageningen (Dutch 2nd level)
- goalkeeper coach PSV, FC Twente, FC Utrecht & De Graafschap (Dutch highest level)
- head coach TOP Oss (Dutch 2nd level)
- head coach AZ (Dutch 2nd level)
- head coach FC Zwolle (Dutch 2nd level)
- head coach SV Dakota (Aruba)
- head coach HVC and Achilles 1894 (Dutch amateurs)
- assistant and goalkeeper coach Saudi Arabia

He's a personal friend of Trencin's owner La Ling, that's probably why he made this move, also because he was unemployed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in