2 stars on Dynamo's logo? - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Should Dynamo have 1 or 2 stars on their logo
1 star 5 45.45%
2 stars 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 17:37
True-Kozak
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
2 stars on Dynamo's logo?

I know there was some discussion on this on Ukrainian forums a while back. Do Dynamo need 2 stars, one recognizing there Ukrainian league triumphs (I think it's every 10 you get a star ), and one recognizing their Soviet league triumphs? Or just one, since we're a Ukrainian team, not a Soviet team . It's a complicated question. There was even a poll on Dynamos official site and official fan club site before..

Personally, I say 2. Of course we're a Ukrainian team, and were always a big symbol of independant Ukraine. Even today, we're a symbol of Ukraine. When people think of Ukrainian football they think of DK . We can't forget our lengthy history, and can't forget the victories the old Dynamo teams made .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 17:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
I know there was some discussion on this on Ukrainian forums a while back. Do Dynamo need 2 stars, one recognizing there Ukrainian league triumphs (I think it's every 10 you get a star ), and one recognizing their Soviet league triumphs? Or just one, since we're a Ukrainian team, not a Soviet team . It's a complicated question. There was even a poll on Dynamos official site and official fan club site before..

Personally, I say 2. Of course we're a Ukrainian team, and were always a big symbol of independant Ukraine. Even today, we're a symbol of Ukraine. When people think of Ukrainian football they think of DK . We can't forget our lengthy history, and can't forget the victories the old Dynamo teams made .
No doubt...being the soviet best team in history will go forever. .....ahead of Spartak,Dynamo and so on,no one can take that from Dynamo..

Also you can not compare the strenght of the soviet league and the Ukrainian one.
We need to keep the two stars.
kleber is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 17:43
True-Kozak
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exactly...The old Soviet league would be one of the best leagues in the world today..And the fact DK won so much, with always a mostly Ukrainian team, should be recognized .
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 17:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
Exactly...The old Soviet league would be one of the best leagues in the world today..And the fact DK won so much, with always a mostly Ukrainian team, should be recognized .
Yeah.
kleber is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 21:29
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Posts: 360
Good topic.

I always think about that somethimes. I choosed 2. Hovewer i think 1 will look nicer, but for eign Ussr best team deserves to have those good times showed by another star
DevilZ is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 21:50
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Posts: 204
leave the soviet sh*t behind, they will earn that 2nd star in a while
fcdynamo is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 21:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcdynamo
leave the soviet sh*t behind, they will earn that 2nd star in a while
:rollani:
kleber is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 22:30
True-Kozak
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcdynamo
leave the soviet sh*t behind, they will earn that 2nd star in a while
I know how you feel..I hate the USSR..If Ukraine was not in the USSR it would truly be a country in the center of Europe..And way ahead where it is now...But..We must be proud of what Dynamo did in the USSR times..They were dark times..And Ukrainians had one thing to be proud of..One symbol of who they were...FC Dynamo Kyiv.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 22:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
I know how you feel..I hate the USSR..If Ukraine was not in the USSR it would truly be a country in the center of Europe..And way ahead where it is now...But..We must be proud of what Dynamo did in the USSR times..They were dark times..And Ukrainians had one thing to be proud of..One symbol of who they were...FC Dynamo Kyiv.
Well said Kozak!
kleber is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 11:29
Rising Star
 
StuttgartMagyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Németország
Teams: Hungary, Újpest FC
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
I know how you feel..I hate the USSR..If Ukraine was not in the USSR it would truly be a country in the center of Europe..And way ahead where it is now...But..We must be proud of what Dynamo did in the USSR times..They were dark times..And Ukrainians had one thing to be proud of..One symbol of who they were...FC Dynamo Kyiv.
Wow!! Very impressive, I'll put that into my signature
StuttgartMagyar is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 15:18
True-Kozak
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyázni
Wow!! Very impressive, I'll put that into my signature
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 19:46
Legend
 
yenibey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Dallas, TX USA
Teams: Fenerbahçe, Türkiye
Posts: 10,724
How many titles have Dynamo Kiev won?
In the USSR days?
When there has been an independent Ukraine league?

I always thought it was 1 star per 5 league championships, but I've since learned that it's not applied the same way everywhere. The club I support, Fenerbahce has 3 stars because they've won 16 championships.

I won't vote, out of respect, as I don't know near enough about the situation to even try to have an opinion

"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting."
yenibey is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 21:03
World Class Player
 
Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Lemberg - The Galician Capital!
Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Posts: 9,200
1. Dynamo won the USSR title 13 times (record number) and 11 has Ukrainian titles...
2. Ukraine became independant in 1991 - thats when the 1st championship was held
3. A star is given for 10 league titles (Juve has 2, Milan has 1, Dynamo has 1 etc...) I have no idea why you got 3 stars for 16 titles :undecide:

4. Some people say that Dynamo deserves 2 stars, becasue 13 USSR titles + 11 Ukrainian ones = 24 major league titles which = 2 stars...

P.S.


Honours:

UEFA Cup Winners Cup: 2 (1975, 1986)
UEFA Super Cup: 1 (1975)
Ukrainian Championship: 11 (1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004)
Ukrainian Cup: 8 (1993, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006)
Ukrainian Super Cup: 2 (2004, 2006)
USSR Championship: 13 (1961, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1980, 1981, 1985, 1986, 1990)
USSR Cup: 9 (1954, 1964, 1966, 1974, 1978, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1990)
USSR Super Cup: 3 (1980, 1985, 1986)

Runners-Up

UEFA Super Cup: 1 (1987)
Ukrainian Championship: 4 (1992, 2002, 2005, 2006)
Ukrainian Cup: 1 (2002)
Ukrainian Super Cup: 1 (2005)
USSR Championship: 11 (1936, 1952, 1960, 1965, 1969, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1982, 1988)
USSR Cup: 1 (1973)
USSR Super Cup: 1 (1977)

Other Notable Achievements

UEFA Champions League Semifinalist 1977, 1987, 1999
UEFA Champions League Quarterfinalist 1973, 1976, 1982, 1983, 1992, 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Quarterfinalist 1966, 1991
CIS Cup Winner 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002
CIS Cup Runners-up 1999

Last edited by Roman; August 6th, 2006 at 21:26.
Roman is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 21:24
Legend
 
yenibey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Dallas, TX USA
Teams: Fenerbahçe, Türkiye
Posts: 10,724
Wow. Well, I've always known the name Dynamo Kiev. It's just one of those clubs that, no matter how closely you follow football, you just know...

So with those numbers, by Turkish league standards Dynamo Kiev should have 4 stars, and if they win the title this year would have their 5th

"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting."
yenibey is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 22:05
True-Kozak
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
1. Dynamo won the USSR title 13 times (record number) and 11 has Ukrainian titles...
2. Ukraine became independant in 1991 - thats when the 1st championship was held
3. A star is given for 10 league titles (Juve has 2, Milan has 1, Dynamo has 1 etc...) I have no idea why you got 3 stars for 16 titles :undecide:

4. Some people say that Dynamo deserves 2 stars, becasue 13 USSR titles + 11 Ukrainian ones = 24 major league titles which = 2 stars...

P.S.


Honours:

UEFA Cup Winners Cup: 2 (1975, 1986)
UEFA Super Cup: 1 (1975)
Ukrainian Championship: 11 (1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004)
Ukrainian Cup: 8 (1993, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006)
Ukrainian Super Cup: 2 (2004, 2006)
USSR Championship: 13 (1961, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1980, 1981, 1985, 1986, 1990)
USSR Cup: 9 (1954, 1964, 1966, 1974, 1978, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1990)
USSR Super Cup: 3 (1980, 1985, 1986)

Runners-Up

UEFA Super Cup: 1 (1987)
Ukrainian Championship: 4 (1992, 2002, 2005, 2006)
Ukrainian Cup: 1 (2002)
Ukrainian Super Cup: 1 (2005)
USSR Championship: 11 (1936, 1952, 1960, 1965, 1969, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1982, 1988)
USSR Cup: 1 (1973)
USSR Super Cup: 1 (1977)

Other Notable Achievements

UEFA Champions League Semifinalist 1977, 1987, 1999
UEFA Champions League Quarterfinalist 1973, 1976, 1982, 1983, 1992, 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Quarterfinalist 1966, 1991
CIS Cup Winner 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002
CIS Cup Runners-up 1999
Thanks for compiling that list, Roman .
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 22:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Three Champions league semi finals,not a single final. :rollani:
kleber is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 08:25
Star Player
 
Kostja's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2003
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
Posts: 3,512
One star is even more than enough IMO. :dielaugh:

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA
Kostja is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 13:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostja
One star is even more than enough IMO. :dielaugh:
hey kostja how many stars have Shakhtar!? :dielaugh:
kleber is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2006, 18:39
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Posts: 360
I don't like seeign all those clubs putting sars on logo like crazy so everybody would fear of them. 10 championship wins - 1 star, probabaly when team got 100 anneversary they might deserve a star too, winning champion league or uefa cup for first time or uefa super cup.


Teams overrate too much with those stars nowdays. Star whould be a priveledge and important day in club history, but like Chivas from mexico, where they go 10 stars but hell man i doubt they could even get 50 championships to deserve 1 per each 5 wins...

Liverpool got their 5-th one after winning champion league was a bad choice too. It seems that they don't think they'll ever win one again so they put it right away.. Eufa should do something with it.

10 championships for a star that's the best choice. Team who wants to wear a star will try their best and wait for long to deserve a honor having one, inlike 5 years which is really nothing.
DevilZ is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2006, 06:29
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Posts: 360
'whistling''...wake up peoples
DevilZ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome