Tiberiu Ghioane - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 19:41 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
Tiberiu Ghioane

Okay just so you guys know, Im not making this up - I have better things to do in my spare time.

I currently work at shoe store in Toronto and when I was fitting a lady with a pair of high heels I noticed her accent. After finding out she was Romanian and exploiting my knowledge of Romanian football (brief, at best), I turned the conversation to the sport in hope of a sale, as I work on commission.

After talking for a couple of minutes she paused and asked me if I had ever heard of a team by the name of Dynamo Kyiv. Stunned, I laughed and told her that Kyiv was my home town and that I was infact a fanatical supporter! She was :eekani: and asked me if I knew of Tiberiu Ghioane, her cousin. She spoke little of his personality, and went on the same story path that I heard from Surkis - that he was taking time to off due to family reasons.

Being sensitive about the issue, I tried to squeeze out a few more details and from what I know he never terminted his contract officially, but has suppodely quit football. You might know that his father passed away something like 10 years ago, and ever since then Ghioane has been suffering from a post traumatic stress disorder and always questioned his love for the sport. He made the decision to leave Kyiv as early as 2003 (!! according to my source) but only did so at the start of this season.

He now lives with his sister in Bucharest and is a constant state of mental depression.

I only share this with you guys out of respect for the player, and I hope no one condems me for releasing such information. I personally felt that it was my duty to share it with you as a fellow Dynamo supporter.

All the best to Tiberiu and his family. Maybe one day he will return...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 19:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Wow,Rebrov this is a damn of a story,so you realy meet Ghioane cousin?,and the father died ten years ago,i suppose it was last year no?,or that he just disappear?

I trust in you nevertheless....
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 19:53
True-Kozak

Was his cousin good looking???

Nevertheless, it's a very sad story..Whatever happened to him...If your story is true, its quite sad :frownani: .... :frownani: ... Hopefully one day, just maybe, he can come back....

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 19:53 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Thats what I asked because I thought so too, but she said it happened quite some time ago. (She said 10 or so years ago as I remember)
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 19:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Btw,Rebrov can you post that in Romanian forum....Ghioane is one of the best romanian players and when i asked about him there,no one was sure what was happening to him....i think they deserve to know this.

About Ghioane,who cares about football now,i just hope he recovers and might have a good life!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 19:58
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:02
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Wow, very intersting... and just at the right time... We (me and kleber) touched Gioane and the reasons for his absense just a day or so ago...
Did you at least get her contact infomation... Just in case...

P.S. Still hard to believe in this story... What are the chances?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:04
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Wow, very intersting... and just at the right time... We (me and kleber) touched Gioane and the reasons for his absense just a day or so ago...
Did you at least get her contact infomation... Just in case...

P.S. Still hard to believe in this story... What are the chances?
I've read alot of Rebrovs stories on here p. And what can be said? He's like the Komsomolskaya Pravda
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:10
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Quote:
I've read alot of Rebrovs stories on here p. And what can be said? He's like the Komsomolskaya Pravda
Ok, so its all bullshit, right?
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well about the story,we all know that Ghioane is in some kind of mental disease and leave ukraine last summer to go back to Romania......so this is truth.

About his father,well all i read before this story is that he was killed or at least disappear last year, not that he died ten years ago...but i can not be 100% per cent about that....

Now what you might doubt in Rebrov story is that he meet Ghioane cousin in Toronto!,but ....

Finaly i ask sometimes in romanian forum if anyone knowed anything about Ghioane situation and the answer was alway the same.

Last edited by kleber; May 2nd, 2006 at 21:50.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:12
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Ok, so its all bullshit, right?

Offtopic - You should see some of the things they write about Ukraine p :frustrat:
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

Offtopic - You should see some of the things they write about Ukraine p :frustrat:
Who?
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:48 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I tell you the story is true! I would not make something like that up. And no, I do not get any contact information, what did you think I would do? Fly to Romania and change his mind?....kleber, no joke, she said his father dies quite some time ago and she went out of her way to tell me otherwise when I said that his father died only recently.

P.S. I was on a high for the rest of the day, since it was such an abnormal experience! His cousin ended up buying a pair of shoes from me too, so at least that part of the story ends well...
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:49 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
How many stories have I written here? I can think of about three! Dont question my work Kozak, or Ill smack you back to Ternopil
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I believe in you Rebrov.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:21
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebrov
How many stories have I written here? I can think of about three! Dont question my work Kozak, or Ill smack you back to Ternopil

Quote:
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:23 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I don'tknow Kozak, how do you like your middle-age Romanians?
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
I´ve already put a link to this thread in the Romanian forum.

It´s well known that his father died or dissapeared some years ago, not the past year. I read that he had dissapeared, and Ghioane was in depression since then. And Dynamo president tried even to contact with Interpol in a desperate attempt to help him.
The worst part are the Ghioane medical problems. He suffered a collapse one year ago if you remember, and he´s not in good health conditions.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:56
True-Kozak

Ohhhh yea, I remember that..A heart problem, wasn't it? Last year, in Portugal (I think it was) in the winter break training camp...That was probably around the final time any DK fan saw him..
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 22:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
The problem was in the head

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in