Goodbye Croatia, will we miss you? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 00:38 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
Goodbye Croatia, will we miss you?

Well, after much talk, Croatian duo Jerko Leko and Goran Sablic will be leaving the club. Both refused to extend their contracts with Dynamo (Sablic offered a backup position whilst Leko was offered a similar, but slightly better contract) and both are looking for new clubs.

Sablic is hoping for a move to Salzburg in Austria, and Leko is counting on Werder Bremen to pick him up.

As you remember, the other Croat, Denys Glavina, is on loan getitng first team experience. Despite having some decent showings for Vorskla, something tells that he won't figure in the first team any time soon.

Any opinions on the topic? Thought I would revive a dead forum

I liked Leko, but its a shame how he was outplaced, by ultimately better players. And it seems that coaches are keeping faith with Cernat and Yussuf in the middle.

About Sablic - well.... :thmbdown:

On the bright side, We have picked up a Western Ukrainian! Dynamo Kyiv had signed a lease for 18-yrs old striker Ihor Khudobiak from Fakel Ivano-Frankivsk. Khudobiak has represented Ukraine in the under Under-19 and (I believe) U-17 level aswell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 00:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebrov
Well, after much talk, Croatian duo Jerko Leko and Goran Sablic will be leaving the club. Both refused to extend their contracts with Dynamo (Sablic offered a backup position whilst Leko was offered a similar, but slightly better contract) and both are looking for new clubs.

Sablic is hoping for a move to Salzburg in Austria, and Leko is counting on Werder Bremen to pick him up.

As you remember, the other Croat, Denys Glavina, is on loan getitng first team experience. Despite having some decent showings for Vorskla, something tells that he won't figure in the first team any time soon.

Any opinions on the topic? Thought I would revive a dead forum

I liked Leko, but its a shame how he was outplaced, by ultimately better players. And it seems that coaches are keeping faith with Cernat and Yussuf in the middle.

About Sablic - well.... :thmbdown:

On the bright side, We have picked up a Western Ukrainian! Dynamo Kyiv had signed a lease for 18-yrs old striker Ihor Khudobiak from Fakel Ivano-Frankivsk. Khudobiak has represented Ukraine in the under Under-19 and (I believe) U-17 level aswell.
Well this is the first post here in Dynamo forum in the last four years,congrats Rebrov.....

Well about Leko and Sablic....

Leko was a great player back in 2003 but than he starts to be awful agetr the euro 2004,so no surprise to see him finaly leaving,because the truth is that he doesnt have any chance to play in Dynamo first team at least with this kind of form.....nevertheless good luck to him....
About Sablic,nothing to say realy,a average foreigner player who should never been in Dynamo.....,good luck to him anyway.....

Last edited by kleber; February 19th, 2006 at 01:16.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 01:12
International

Teams: Albania, Red Bulls NY,
I'm waiting for Hajduk to come say something

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI

ILLYRICUM TOTO SUPERUS

RROFT SHQIPERIA

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 01:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
its about time

Jerko Leko is still a good player and I think the Bundesliga will be a good league for him like all of our players, last I heard Stuttgart was interested.

Sablic, well before getting my Kranjcar Hajduk shirt, I had his so I always liked him but he has really gone down hill, from almost making the World Cup squad in 2002 to now not even being considered, I think a move back to Hajduk will be great.

Glavina, if he wants to make something out of his career, he should leave too
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 01:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah,they need to go to Hadjuk Split,that should be the only team that they should be able to play.....
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 01:54
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Well this is the first post here in Dynamo forum in the last four years,congrats Rebrov.....

Well about Leko and Sablic....

Leko was a great player back in 2003 but than he starts to be awful agetr the euro 2004,so no surprise to see him finaly leaving,because the truth is that he doesnt have any chance to play in Dynamo first team at least with this kind of form.....nevertheless good luck to him....
About Sablic,nothing to say realy,a average foreigner player who should never been in Dynamo.....,good luck to him anyway.....

.... what do you mean, Ihor Xudobyak? Theres a guy from Ivano-Frankivs'k who plays on Karpaty with that name, unless its the same guy I thought I would of heard something :undecide: ... Anyways, good move for DK, neither were good, and its just 2 less foreigners in DK..
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 02:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
.... what do you mean, Ihor Xudobyak? Theres a guy from Ivano-Frankivs'k who plays on Karpaty with that name, unless its the same guy I thought I would of heard something :undecide: ... Anyways, good move for DK, neither were good, and its just 2 less foreigners in DK..
Tk Kozak.....
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 02:15
True-Kozak

Quote:
Tk Kozak.....
Something still connects me to Dynamo...And I think it always will..you never forget about your first love p...

ps - and if Gavrancic really wants to leave, I say, sell him...Id rather have a Ukrainian who DREAMS of playing for DK then some clumsy defenseman who could care less about the club...But Id rather have the clumsy defenseman then Rodrigo.. p
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 02:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Something still connects me to Dynamo...And I think it always will..you never forget about your first love p...

ps - and if Gavrancic really wants to leave, I say, sell him...Id rather have a Ukrainian who DREAMS of playing for DK then some clumsy defenseman who could care less about the club...But Id rather have the clumsy defenseman then Rodrigo.. p
Well Gavrancic maybe will leave the club after the world cup,but it all depends how is his performance in the world cup.....

Btw,talking about Rodrigo,he gave a interview to a Brazilian site or something like where he said that he is very happy in Dynamo. ,and he wants to play in the next Champions league....and he will only go to Corinthians if Dynamo realy wants that.... :eekani:
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 02:42
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Quote:
.... what do you mean, Ihor Khudobyak? Theres a guy from Ivano-Frankivs'k who plays on Karpaty with that name, unless its the same guy I thought I would of heard something :undecide: ...
I second your thought!!! :undecide:

WTF???!!!??? :eekani:

They dont only have the same name, they are from the same city, play the same position (our Ihor was a striker when he joined us, but then the coach put him on the right wing), are pretty much the same age and as far as I know our Khudobayk was also featuring at some international level (U-21, U-19 or soemthing) :eekani:

But wait, our Ihor is in Turkey right now with Karpaty, so it cant be him, can it?

Last edited by Roman; February 19th, 2006 at 02:48.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 19:51 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
CLASSIC! NO1 knows whats going on...
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 00:04
True-Kozak

Leko is ok. But sablic.... ... worst player in Ukraine..hands down..if he can make Hajduk Split's starting 11, they are a damn weak team. Any of you want to see Sablic at his best? here you go : http://www.fcdynamo.kiev.ua/files/f1121078009.mpg . I love his 'clearence' :thmbdown:
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 00:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sablic has to tk Dynamo and even pay them some money for having the chance to play in the Champions League..... :eekani: :depress:
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 01:11
True-Kozak

Quote:
Sablic has to tk Dynamo and even pay them some money for having the chance to play in the Champions League..... :eekani: :depress:
:dielaugh: yea... He should be paying DK, not the other way around..Even if he payed every DK fan $100, Im still not sure anyone would of wanted him on the feild p
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 01:21
World Class Player

Quote:
Leko is ok. But sablic.... ... worst player in Ukraine..hands down..if he can make Hajduk Split's starting 11, they are a damn weak team. Any of you want to see Sablic at his best? here you go : http://www.fcdynamo.kiev.ua/files/f1121078009.mpg . I love his 'clearence' :thmbdown:
That was more of a pass/assist to a Shakhtar player than a clearance...
How can you clear a ball that comes from your right with the outside of your right foot???!!!??? :eekani:
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 01:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
:dielaugh: yea... He should be paying DK, not the other way around..Even if he payed every DK fan $100, Im still not sure anyone would of wanted him on the feild p
Yeah, he also say that he will only sign another contract if Surkis assure him a starter place in the team!!!!! :dielaugh: ,not even Surkis is so dumb......
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 01:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I see many of you forget the Real Madrid match in the Champions League, where he shut down Ronaldo, he made a mistake against Shitkar, oh well

there must of been a reason why the club signed him in the first place
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 01:40
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
I see many of you forget the Real Madrid match in the Champions League, where he shut down Ronaldo, he made a mistake against Shitkar, oh well

there must of been a reason why the club signed him in the first place
Well, every player has a "golden" game at some point of his career. That one was Sablic's! Honestly after that game, I thought, that he has finally turned the potential into something on the field, but game after game after game there were more and more dissapointments and then he was dropped for more and more games and never got back. Even when he did play from first minute (mainly due to injuries of other defenders) he always found a way to make the coach reconsider his decision to put Sablic on. That game against Shakhtar was only one of the examples.

P.S. I always liked Leko and Cernat - I thought these two guys could be really big players one day, but for some reason they had hard time holding on to the first team. I think Leko can still do well and in my opinion Cernat should be let go as well, for his own sake and for the sake of his career. though I doubt this will happen until player himself decides to leave, but in most cases the money is too big of a factor to leave.

2Kozak: there are many occassions that a player was playing poor for one team and then did really well for another and vice versa so I wouldnt judge the strenght of Sablic's future club by the way he performs there...
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 01:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

well thats the only game I'll remember because thankfully thats the only Kiev game I've watched in my life and for that short period of time we wanted him in the NT again.

Anyway I think returning to Hajduk would be great for him and yes if he came he would be our best defender right now
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 01:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

And I'm sure you guys never seen this but Sablic is the same players not only who shut down Ronaldo, he shut down Batistuta (when he played for Fiorentina) in two games when he was only 19 years old, the kid obviously had talent but something went wrong in Kiev.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in