View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old June 7th, 2005, 15:10
jimbo jones
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY COUNTY STATEMENT

Derby County chairman John Sleightholme has issued the following statement:

"It is with reluctance and regret that we note George Burley's decision 'not to continue as manager'.

"He has managed the team with the result of great on-field progress for which he deserves credit.

"George raised a specific concern with the board, the board had a meeting and complied with George's request and he agreed to continue as manager. However, since that meeting only a number of days ago, George now feels he cannot continue as manager.

"We asked if there was anything we could do to change his mind and he said there was no solution possible.

"George and his representatives have made it clear that his decision his final.

"I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the board to thank George for his considerable contribution to Derby County.

"The board, having satisfied George's requests, are disappointed that he has not made clear his real reasons for leaving."

-----------------------------------------

It seems to me, the board are trying to make Burley out as the Villain, not a wise move by them it will only tighten the rope that's currently around there neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome