Google Chrome screwing up! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2012, 10:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Google Chrome screwing up!

So, I have had the CPU at 100% and RAM (4GB) at 50%-70%, when I close chrome it goes down. It went for a week or two. I googled the problem, and there was someone with the same problem. HE suggested to delete the Chrome folder under Application data or whatever. Being dabdob, I didn't continue reading the next line where he said that he lost all his dat (bookmarks, history, etc) alm:

Anyway, after deletion, there was no google anymore, I installed it another time after doing a proper uninstall to the deleted version (How that worked, don't ask me).

Now, computer performance is ok, but whenever I highlight text in Google Chrome, it freezes and I have to close and restart it.

Help me

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2012, 10:26
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Not sure about why it was playing up, but in future you might want to use a Google account with Chrome.

It stores your bookmarks and such "in the cloud", so you can move from PC to PC and maintain your bookmarks in locations that you've signed in to.

Yes, I needed to clean up my bookmarks before signing in at work
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2012, 10:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't sign in I even use a different browser to log on to my formal, "non-insensitive" gmail.

My bookmarks belong to my personal PC I've lost'em but most of'em are in my head

I'll try uninstall, delete any thing that has the word chrome in, then re-install again!

Thank you, my Turkish Turk.

My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2012, 12:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

So,

I have unistalled again, then wiped anything that says Google from the PC. Restarted the PC then installed Google Chrome again. Still freezes when I highlight text

I also notice the Google still asks me if I want to install Chrome when I open Google.com on IE!!!

Time to follow my own advice; format

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2012, 12:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It seems the problem is solved

I've installed Chrome again while it is actually installed! (I still get this message ) Then I swept privacy for all installed browsers using IObit privacy sweeper, then I cleaned the registry using IObit too.

I now can highlight text without a problem. CPU and memory seems to work fine too.

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2012, 12:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Disregard my last post. The problem is still there

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2012, 12:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ok, it is when I highlight and go down the page to highlight more text.

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2012, 14:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It seems problem is solved. It was caused by the classic Shockwave crash

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2012, 11:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelnikika View Post
'dabdob' even I too faced the similar problem. I updated my flash player from Adobe and removed the apps in it. Now my PC works really fine
Nice one spambot

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in