Coffee on laptop! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2011, 08:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Coffee on laptop!

My wife spilled some coffee on her laptop's keyboard. Being in a perfect relationship, we always do the opposite thing. My first instinct reaction was, turn the laptop over and let the keyboard dry" I should have said the opposite.

As a result, she didn't listen to me The next day, the space bar, letter V B N (I think), the 4 arrows and numbers 1-4 are not working. They are still not working for the past few days. She did, finally listen to me 3 days after the incident and turned it over during the night, but it did not work.

Is there a way to get them working again?

P.S. I was not sure whether this should be here or in the "Love & Dating" sub forum.

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 12:35
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
ok

risin up back on the field, we r just a group n our will to survive..risin up the challange for our respect!..we have a dream! NWO MOTHER****AS!!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 12:45
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

See if you can take the keys that aren't working out, start with V B or N rather than Spacebar which is harder to connect back.

See if it's a matter of coffee having dried and blocked the key from working, or if the key doesn't work because of internal damage. If you can press the little piece the key connects to (after you remove the key, obviously) and the key works, then you're in luck. If not you might need to send it off for repair or get yourself a docking station and/or external keyboard.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 12:49
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Wow. Brings back memories. My wife ruined a laptop of mine 4-5 years ago exactly with a cup of coffee.

If there is a way to get them going after that, I didn't find it. HP chose to send me another one free of charge.

Last edited by Laudrup; November 9th, 2011 at 13:04. Reason: typo
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 12:59
In Exile
International

Teams: NK Olimpija, FC Barcelona, FCUM
Women and their laptops. I don't have a laptop, and whenever I spill anything upon my keyboard of a stationary computer (from bodily fluids to other liquids), I just buy a new one, it costs less than 5 euros. My wife though is parading with her laptop all around the flat, whenever I turn around there's her laptop, on the table (just in front where I usually sit), on the coach infront of TV (so I can't lay down and sleep on it), on the bed, under the bed....

Few months ago I was invited to my brother's flat, they were making some dinner, and I couldn't engage in a boring conversation with my brother and his wife, so I took my brother's wife's laptop and started surfing at dinner table waiting for them to serve me a meal. They disliked it, but what a hell, what to do when one waits to get served. I mostly surfed on XT, and ... my beer got somehow spread all over the laptop in some mysterious circumstances (I don't remember exactly how it happened), I just stood up and distanced myself from this event, and my brother and his panicky wife took care of it. Anyhow, a week later I asked them, how's that laptop which got under my beer, and they said, it's all fine, even better than before. So, there's my advice, spill some beer over it, it may work better as it did in my case.

Dimissió Rata Rosell, Laporta president PER SEMPRE!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 13:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
See if you can take the keys that aren't working out, start with V B or N rather than Spacebar which is harder to connect back.

See if it's a matter of coffee having dried and blocked the key from working, or if the key doesn't work because of internal damage. If you can press the little piece the key connects to (after you remove the key, obviously) and the key works, then you're in luck. If not you might need to send it off for repair or get yourself a docking station and/or external keyboard.
I did take out the space bar to see if there is coffee there, but didn't do what you suggest. I'll try tonight.

My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 13:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Wow. Brings back memories. My wife ruined a laptop of mine 4-5 years ago exactly with a cup of coffee.

If there is a way to get them going after that, I didn't find it. HP chose to send me another one free of charge.
Hmmmmmmmmm, so that's covered with warranty? I should check, because it is still under warranty.

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 13:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcoslav View Post
Women and their laptops. I don't have a laptop, and whenever I spill anything upon my keyboard of a stationary computer (from bodily fluids to other liquids), I just buy a new one, it costs less than 5 euros. My wife though is parading with her laptop all around the flat, whenever I turn around there's her laptop, on the table (just in front where I usually sit), on the coach infront of TV (so I can't lay down and sleep on it), on the bed, under the bed....

Few months ago I was invited to my brother's flat, they were making some dinner, and I couldn't engage in a boring conversation with my brother and his wife, so I took my brother's wife's laptop and started surfing at dinner table waiting for them to serve me a meal. They disliked it, but what a hell, what to do when one waits to get served. I mostly surfed on XT, and ... my beer got somehow spread all over the laptop in some mysterious circumstances (I don't remember exactly how it happened), I just stood up and distanced myself from this event, and my brother and his panicky wife took care of it. Anyhow, a week later I asked them, how's that laptop which got under my beer, and they said, it's all fine, even better than before. So, there's my advice, spill some beer over it, it may work better as it did in my case.

To be honest, it was my son who pushed my wife's hand and the coffee was spilled. But I get the same treatment whenever I come near her laptop. I give her a harder treatment in return as she's not allowed to use mine

Would non-alcoholic beer work, in your opinion?

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 13:25
In Exile
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post

Would non-alcoholic beer work, in your opinion?
I wouldn't risk it if I was you. Why try different, if my way was proven right? You can still buy alcohol, can't you, if anyone gives you strange looks, just explain it's for the laptop, not for you.

Besides, you did marry in your ethnic circle, didn't you? That's how it should be done, anyway... so why does your wife need letters B, V, N? Your Arabic letters are different anyway, and those Latin B,V,N just mess up Arabic calligraphy. And you don't really need space bar, all what you need is a little ingenuity. Just end all the words with letters that don't connect to the left, and here you go, no need of a space bar.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 13:25
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmm, so that's covered with warranty? I should check, because it is still under warranty.
In my case, yes.

To my surprise, they just sent a new laptop saying that the old one couldn't be repaired due to liquid damage.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 13:50
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

HP delivering on warranty for liquid damage, I am amazed.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 14:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't risk it if I was you. Why try different, if my way was proven right? You can still buy alcohol, can't you, if anyone gives you strange looks, just explain it's for the laptop, not for you.
Well,actuallynoIcsn'tdrink,buy,sell,gift,import,ex port,....prettymucvheverything.Icanonlyuseitasmedi cine,whichIthinkinthiscaseitapply

Quote:
Besides, you did marry in your ethnic circle, didn't you? That's how it should be done, anyway... so why does your wife need letters B, V, N? Your Arabic letters are different anyway, and those Latin B,V,N just mess up Arabic calligraphy. And you don't really need space bar, all what you need is a little ingenuity. Just end all the words with letters that don't connect to the left, and here you go, no need of a space bar.
Well,youseemygoodmafiafriend,it'ssadlythephysicalk eyboard,whichmeansArabicalphapetsareaffectedtoo:cr y:
Justnoticedthatallalphapetsactuallywork:yay:

------------------------
Postingfrommywife'slaptop

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 15:07
In Exile
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
Well,actuallynoIcsn'tdrink,buy,sell,gift,import,ex port,....prettymucvheverything.Icanonlyuseitasmedi cine,whichIthinkinthiscaseitapplyWell,youseemygood mafiafriend,it'ssadlythephysicalkeyboard,whichmean sArabicalphapetsareaffectedtoo
Justnoticedthatallalphapetsactuallywork:yay:

------------------------
Postingfrommywife'slaptop

This is the last time I give an advice in XT. I thought it was clear, that you should use that beer on laptop, and not devour it yourself!

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 15:16
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
"My wife spilled" really means it was you, no?

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 15:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
This is the last time I give an advice in XT. I thought it was clear, that you should use that beer on laptop, and not devour it yourself!
I am sorry, couldn't RESIST

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 15:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerodix View Post
"My wife spilled" really means it was you, no?
Class Marriage {

public Marriage (){}
public void spellCoffee (Child X, Wife Y){}
public void spellCoffee (Husband X, Wife Y){}
public void spellCoffee (Wife X){}
}

The procedure in bold was called.

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 23:43
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

So how well did Child X and Wife Y spell coffee? Did they get the double 'e' and the double 'f' correct?

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 23:51
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
What did she do at the time?

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 00:14
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 08:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
So how well did Child X and Wife Y spell coffee? Did they get the double 'e' and the double 'f' correct?
Well enough to spell Shame on you!

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in