LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 08:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldwho? View Post
What did she do at the time?
What she does best, didn't listen to me She removed coffee from the surface and continued playing, then a minute later the keyboard did not work.

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 13:18
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
OMG

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 21:08
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
Class Marriage {

public Marriage (){}
public void spellCoffee (Child X, Wife Y){}
public void spellCoffee (Husband X, Wife Y){}
public void spellCoffee (Wife X){}
}

The procedure in bold was called.
So a marriage object spelled coffee on a child and a wife? Your programming is abysmal.

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 10:16
Rookie

It's a problem that most laptop users are likely to encounter at some point, especially if you live with young children. Unlike keyboards used with desktop computers, if a drink or any other liquid comes into contact with your laptop while it's open, there's a potential for real damage. There are steps you can take to limit this, but you'll need to act quickly.

Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions

Things You'll Need
Kitchen towel
Shut the computer down. As soon as you're aware that liquid has come into contact with your laptop, turn it off. Any damage could be exacerbated if you leave your machine on with power running through it.
Disconnect from the power source. If your laptop is plugged in, pull the power lead out immediately.
Turn your machine upside down. The easiest route for any liquid that's been spilled onto your laptop into it's central components is through the keyboard. Before attacking the problem with a cloth, hold your machine so that your keyboard is upside down and any water can escape. If you're faced with the less-common problem of having spilled water on your laptop's base, hold it the right way up.
Sponge the area where the water has been spilt with an absorbent kitchen towel. Avoid the temptation to vigorously wipe or rub away any of the residual liquid. This could splash drops into the inside of your machine. Whilst still holding your machine so as the surface where the liquid was split is facing the ground, sponge or dab away any liquid that is accessible.
Dismantle your laptop. To give your computer the best chance of surviving its shower, if you have the technical know-how and are confident enough to do so, take the casing off of your laptop. It'll dry out quicker.
Leave your laptop to dry out. Place your machine in a warm, dry area for at least 24 hours.
Turn your machine on. Hopefully, the above steps will have saved your laptop from any harm.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2012, 09:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Garmond,

Thanks for the tips. I haven't seen them before, sorry!

Yes, my wife's fault is that she didn't turn the laptop quickly and got stuck with a broken laptop.

To keep the story short, last January, the laptop started to shut down because of heat. After contacting Lenovo, they send me the labels to send it for repair, but I told them about the keyboard and they told me that if the maintenance guys felt that shutting down is because of the spilled liquid ("and most likely it is") I'd have to pay for the repair plus shipping, which is alone 50 Euros. So I could have paid at least 100 Euros for a 300 Euros laptop

I asked for the price of replacing the keyboard and they asked for 73 Euros!!! Right!

After searching the Internet, particularly Lenovo forums I found out that this is a common problem with their cheaper models. Dust close ventilation and laptops shut down from heat. So my wife, being the dust buster that she is, blew away the dust and laptop got back functioning very well.

Next step was replacing the keyboard, I found a replacement in Hong Kong for 18 Euros with free shipping via registered mail. I got and replaced it yesterday. Laptop is back to normal again.

My other, more expensive, Lenovo laptop has actually more protection with liquid. My son spilled coffee on the keyboard as well alm: but I was quick in dealing with it. I left it to dry for about 4 hours, and nothing happened

My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2012, 09:55
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
Damn man, you have some serious troubles with spilling coffee on you keyboard!

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2012, 10:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yes, and the trouble name is dabdob, Jr.

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2012, 10:13
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

You give your son too much coffee.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2012, 10:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

He only drinks milk and juice. Soft drink such as Coca cola and Sprite (7UP is logically not allowed until he get married) are not permitted yet, so coffee is out of question We usually have one cup of coffee and he usually roam the house while we having that one cup

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in