Xtratime Community - View Single Post - Transfer Rumor News Thread
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2005, 11:14
jimbo jones
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Derby County's director of football Murdo Mackay has reassured the club's fans that Polish striker Grzegorz Rasiak is "not for sale."

The warning came after newspaper stories surfaced in the striker's native Poland suggesting that newly-promoted West Ham United were preparing to table a bid for the 26-year-old.

But Mackay said no contact had been made by the Hammers and added that as far as he was concerned, last season's leading goalscorer was "going nowhere."

"When a player of Greg's quality has had the season he has just had, he's bound to attract interest," said Mackay.

"He recently committed to the club for a further two years and as far as I'm concerned he's going nowhere and is not for sale.

"We have not had a bid or any contact from West Ham and they have not approached us with regard to Greg. We want him here and that will remain the case."

Rasiak's Italian-based agent, Giorgio de Giorgis, is quoted as saying: "West Ham asked about Grzegorz earlier during the season and I think the minimal price for him should be 1.5m."

Rasiak is also quoted in the article, suggesting he would have to consider any serious offer made by the Hammers.

The Polish international arrived at Pride Park last September and, with 17 goals from 38 appearances, was instrumental in the Rams' march to the play-offs.

He signed an initial one-year deal when he arrived via Italian club Siena and the Rams had an option which allowed them to extend his stay by two years, on an increased salary. They decided to exercise that option last month.

Rasiak could be involved in international action tomorrow night when Poland take on Azerbaijan in a World Cup qualifier where a win would take see them leapfrog England to the Group Six table.

Meanwhile, Mackay revealed he has held talks with one potential signing earlier this week.

The identities of all players that the Rams are interested in remain firmly under wraps but Mackay said promising progress had been made.

He added: "I've had a long conversation with one player we are interested in and he would be an excellent signing.

"He seems very keen to speak further and we should be having a face-to-face meeting with him and his agent early next week."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to hear them say Rasiak is not for sale, whether that is actually true is another matter of course....I never realised Rasiak had signed his extended deal :embarass:

Also wonder who the player who Mackay is talking about is, hopefully a defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome