Xtratime Community - View Single Post - 3 Rams voted in top 100 in UK
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:41 Thread Starter
jimbo jones
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
3 Rams voted in top 100 in UK

Midfield magician Inigo Idiakez has been voted in the top 100 players in the United Kingdom by ZOO magazine.

The Spaniard stylishly shot his way to number 73 in the poll of stars across the land, including the Premiership, 14 places ahead of Tottenham-bound Tom Huddlestone and in front of the Rams' other entrant, 97th-placed Grzegorz Rasiak.

Not only was Idiakez one of only a handful of Coca-Cola Championship men to make the elite century, he was also ahead of the likes of Liverpool's Milan Baros, Kolo Toure of Arsenal and Fulham's Luis Boa Morte.

The results, printed in the latest edition of ZOO magazine, were voted for by supporters across the nation, proving once again that our players have caught the attention of more than just Derby fans in what was a hugely successful 2004-05 campaign.

And these aren't the only plaudits that have been thrown our way by ZOO of late. Just recently Rams boss George Burley was voted the 20th best manager in world football and the popular magazine also chose the club ahead of all in the Premiership for a 'ZOO trains with football club' feature.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Shows how well we did last season, the season before entrants in the 100 worst players would have been more likely.

Once again Rasiak should have been higher, and Huddlestone lower if in there at all. It's good too see us getting some recognition, let's hope everything is still in place for next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome