LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 167 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
Looks like we've signed Costa.

30M on a player that's not going to improve our team.

His record in a below average Ukranian league is underwhelming. 38 goals and a measly 40 assists in 5 years apparently.

He is not going to do better than that in the BL.

The club always buys sh$t south american players (Elber excepted) and then complain we never get a decent player from there.

This has all the signs of a transfer just because we need to be seen to be making one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 167 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2016, 13:14
Premier Player

Teams: FcBayern and Nationalmannschaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Haha...don't you have anything better to do than dig up old posts

Yeah, Costa was fantastic in the first half of the season.
He hasn't started the second half well at all though.
post #163 of 167 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2016, 05:24
Legend

Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
"Only" 35 to 40m is obviously nonsense as that is definitely not a bargain, even in today's market. Let's not forget he's not 20 years young nor Messi. Seems like a relatively fair market price, +- 5-7m I guess which is always debatable. And not our fault that some idiots overpay for the likes of Bale or di Maria which is ridiculous the way it happened and still happens.

About the other thing, it's not a single incident, let's not forget he was banned from the nationalteam in the past for quite a similar behaviour. And nobody ever claimed that is all he is about, but it is a part of him and you don't get Vidal without that part. Period. Not a likable person. Probably a likable player, if you just look on the court. It is for everyone to decide for himself anyway. People will always have different opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
18m??? Unless someone knows something I don't that is crazy.
Quote:
Yup, that'll be daylight robbery.
Quote:
Apparently, Coman deal is done.
Loan of supposedly 8 million euro with buy option of 20.

This is ridiculous. For around 10 million euro, couldn't we have found a young german attacking talent to sign permanently as a back up to the first team (which Coman is going to be?)

He will have to come up with atleast 10 goals+assists in total for the board to think about exercising the buy option. I don't see how he will get enough minutes to be able to do that.
Quote:
He's a fantastic player but a scumbag.

Doesn't shirk from leaving his stud marks on opponents but will go down himself with a feather touch. Also, this recent drink driving episode was unbelievable.

I know we are a footballing institution and not recruiting people for the church, but letting Schweini go and recruiting Vidal if true just leaves me feeling bitter.

post #164 of 167 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2016, 09:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
What's funny? You said we didn't rate him on the pitch. We said we never said that. You dig up old posts proving we were right and you lied and you are laughing? Can only be laughing about your own stupidity then.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #165 of 167 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2016, 14:34
Premier Player

Teams: FcBayern and Nationalmannschaft
I agree I was wrong on the Coman transfer. I didn't think he would be a starter.

Yeah, but the rest seems to be only proving what we've already said. Vidal is a slimeball but a fantastic player.
So not sure what the point was in digging up those posts.
post #166 of 167 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2017, 09:30
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Where the hell is James going to play? If Müller can't get a game I don't see why James should or would, even if Ancelotti is a fan.

Seems to just be another case of European elite clubs stock-piling "interesting tactical options" to try and settle a tight game or surprise a CL opponent in a knock-out game, regardless of any practical benefit to the overall team dynamic, nevermind the career of the player in question.

He has gone from one team where he clearly doesn't fit to another.

PSG or Inter would have been far better options for him

And even if Ancelotti does somehow make space for him (i.e. on the wing or behind Lewa), what does this mean for Müller's Bayern career?
post #167 of 167 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2017, 09:52
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
I was hoping to see James in the prem to be honest. I agree I can't really see how he fits in Bayern's system.

Obviously would love Muller in the prem if there's any chance of that, love that guy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in