Slitty's 14-15 RPL Preview - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will be crowned champions in 2015?
Zenit 3 37.50%
CSKA 3 37.50%
Spartak 2 25.00%
Lokomotiv 0 0%
Dinamo 0 0%
Rubin 0 0%
Kuban 0 0%
Krasnodar 0 0%
Rostov 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2014, 11:04 Thread Starter
Rookie

Slitty's 14-15 RPL Preview

Hello all!

There are 9 days until August 1st, so that means there are 9 days left until the start of the 14-15 season! I thought that I would take each of those days to examine one of the contenders, sum up their transfer activity [to date], and mull over their chances for the upcoming season. Granted, it's a little bit of an early analysis since the transfer window will remain open for quite awhile. But even if some teams haven't filled out their roster - matchday 1 kickoff is quickly approaching, and ready or not, nobody is going to wait!

Without further ado, lets get started with Rostov (perhaps not a true contender, but I have no moral authority to leave out the reigning Cup Champions).

Optimal Lineup:

Reserves:

Others:
Kornel Saláta (transferlisted), Jan Holenda (transferlisted), Edgaras Česnauskis (not dressed for games), Soslan Dzhanayev (extra).

Thoughts:
Rostov lost many key players that made them relatively successful last season: Dzyuba, Ananidze, Sheshukov, and Logashov are all gone. And they haven't really brought in much quality to replace them. Bukharov is perhaps the biggest name, despite being a Zenit reject. Which, in a way, is still more respectable than Torbinskiy being both a Lokomotiv and Rubin reject. The rest is hardly worth mention: Abazov is an inexperienced player even by First Division standards, Moussa Doumbia is a complete unknown straight out of Africa, etc. Moreover, apart from their optimal 11 being thoroughly unimpressive, Rostov has no depth to speak of. Yoo Byung-Soo won't strike fear into the hearts of many a goalkeeper, Kulishev's is there in name only - the boy has 67 minutes of RPL experience, and they simply don't have enough defenders and central midfielders to even play inner-squad scrimmage. So Rostov still has a lot of work to do on the transfer market. As it stands now, they will likely be a lot closer to the bottom of the table than their 7th place finish last season.

Last edited by Slitty; July 23rd, 2014 at 21:26.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2014, 11:47 Thread Starter
Rookie

Next we have Krasnodar!

Optimal Lineup:

Reserves:

Others:
Pavel Mamaev (injured: September), Ruslan Adzhindzhal (injured: September), Alexei Pomerko (extra), Moussa Konaté (not with team).

Thoughts:
While Krasnodar may not have any true stars, they do have a very balanced team, combined with a couple "provincial" starlets to put the icing on the cake. Look for the Brazilian attacking trio of Joãozinho, Wánderson, and Ari to continue giving opponents headaches this coming season... now with the added help of recent acquisitions Bystrov, Izmailov, and Burmistrov. Which are all solid transfers, despite the fact that the first two may not quite be in the form of their glory days, and that Burmistrov is still establishing himself as someone who deserves to be playing for a team in the upper half of the table. Krasnodar's midfield depth is also solid, to the point of Mamev's absence (which isn't projected to be overly lengthy) not necessarily being all that painful even if Ahmedov hadn't joined the team. But the prospect of both Ahmedov and Mamaev eventually joining forces in the center of midfield is something that would make most RPL clubs jealous. Otherwise, the only significant summer depature (other than Shirokov) has been adequately compensated for with the signing of Dykan. If the foreigner limit allows, he may replace Filtsov in net directly, but is probably more likely to shadow Sinitsyn from the bench. The only place where the club lacks in hypothetically putting together a serious challenge for a medal is defense. If that is addressed with a couple transfer market transactions in the coming weeks, then Krasnodar may look to improve on their 5th place finish from last season. All despite having a significantly smaller budget than most of the traditional contenders.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2014, 16:17
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Zenit, Russia NT
Good work so far, Slitty.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2014, 19:47
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

Btw, based on today's game and past quotes by Kononov, Burmistrov is going to play fullback.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2014, 22:44 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sviatoslav View Post
Btw, based on today's game and past quotes by Kononov, Burmistrov is going to play fullback.
Interesting. If this experiment proves successful, then the Reserves should perhaps look like this:

Last edited by Slitty; July 24th, 2014 at 22:50.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2014, 22:51
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

Yeah, Krasnodar have done well to round out their roster this transfer window. Decent depth. Wouldn't surprise me either if Galitsky sanctions some more money for transfers if they make the EL group stage.

Btw, Slitty you should stick around around and post more often.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2014, 00:05
friendly minnow
Star Player

This is Spartak's year.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2014, 00:18
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

i love how unbiased everyone is with the voting so far
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2014, 00:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Has Ahmedov stagnated as a player? I remember he was linked to Arsenal a few years ago, I think after he performed well in the Asia Cup for the Uzbeks, but now the only club he can find is Krasnodar after Anzhi's relegation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love

Last edited by Jeffrey; July 25th, 2014 at 00:31.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2014, 09:09
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Has Ahmedov stagnated as a player? I remember he was linked to Arsenal a few years ago, I think after he performed well in the Asia Cup for the Uzbeks, but now the only club he can find is Krasnodar after Anzhi's relegation.
I wouldn't say so, he just went for the money that's all. CSKA was linked with him and I was pulling for the transfer so badly, I love how versatile he is would have been a great pickup.

I'm really butthurt over them having Mamaev and Akhmedov.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2014, 10:17 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Btw, Slitty you should stick around around and post more often.
I tend to get disoriented and lost in the teeming mass of stickies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I imagine that people were a little bit overexcited about him when he first appeared in the RPL because they were generally overexcited about everything related to Anzhi. But he remains a very good player, and as far as I know, his main two choices for next season were either CSKA or Krasnodar.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2014, 11:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Slitty you should had put Kuban instead of Rostov.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2014, 11:53 Thread Starter
Rookie

Let us proceed with Kuban!

Optimal Lineup:

Reserves:

Others:
Gonzalo Bueno (will be loaned out), Marco Ureña (extra), Bogdan Karyukin (extra).

Thoughts:
Unlike many other teams, Kuban's transfer campaign seems to be complete. What you see is what you'll get, all that's left is to find a suitable team where Bueno can be sent to get some playing time. The only real loss from last season is Manolev being off to Dinamo. On the other hand, Kuban was quite busy in acquiring Šunjić, Yeshchenko, Kulik, Oliseh, Danilo, and Pomazan (the last 5 all on loan!). So where does this leave them? Analysis and discussion of Kuban's roster is probably best approached from the standpoint of where the team stands relative to their [rather amicable] city rivals.

So let us begin. While Ivelin Popov is arguably the best attacking footballer to ply his trade in the city, Kuban nevertheless seems to be a fairly distant second best to Krasnodar in terms of overall attacking prowess. Bucur's ability to run with the ball and leave players in their early twenties lagging behind is certainly impressive, but the man is now 34. Sooner or later, his aging legs will be the bane of what best sets him apart. Other than that, even if not quite the quality of Wánderson, Baldé is still a decent striker. But the rest of the attacking group just isn't anything to write home about. So one point to Krasnodar there. The midfield is a closer battle. Once again, I am inclined to award a Kuban player the status of being the best on both teams - Charles Kaboré is one of the best holding midfielders in the league. But even with Kuban also perhaps having slightly better depth in midfield, I will still give the second point to Krasondar. As previously mentioned, Ahmedov and Mamaev, augmented by either Gazinskiy or Pereyra, are just too tantalizing of a midfield to not lick your chops at.

This post is getting rather long, so I will just award Kuban two quick points for having a better goalkeeper and superior depth in defense. Formally, this brings us to a 2-2 draw in the Krasnodar derby. That being said, I am just not as excited about Kuban. Their decent transfer campaign will probably be enough to improve on their 8th place finish and challenge for Europe... but they simply lack the quality to make a serious run for the medals. Apart from having a few players that would be welcomed by pretty much any team in the league, the rest of their roster is more characteristic of the [upper] mid-table team that they are.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2014, 05:16
Xtratime Elite

Slitty, surely I'm not the onyl one who rates Kanga. Consistently Rostov's best player, I don't know how people can deny it.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2014, 07:23
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

You mean when he isn't busy getting red cards? Speaking of which, enjoy playing half of your CL group stage without Dzagoev and Wernbloom.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2014, 07:53
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
You mean when he isn't busy getting red cards? Speaking of which, enjoy playing half of your CL group stage without Dzagoev and Wernbloom.
I will.

#vitinho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in