World Cup 2018 in Russia - Xtratime Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 292 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2010, 18:35 Thread Starter
Azerbaijani Eagle
Legend

Teams: Neftchi Baku
World Cup 2018 in Russia

What I can say, to be honest I wanted Dutch/Holland to win but congratulations, and I am also glad USA missed out.

The bullet changes things in the brain, even if hit in the ass. © Al Capone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 292 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2010, 23:20
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Took me ages to find this thread. Maybe it should be made a sticky?
post #3 of 292 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2010, 23:34
Premier Player

Yea.. I suggest MOD to unstick:

•Loko thread 2009
•Russia's Road to WC 2010 thread
•Eurocups 09/10
•Rfpl players in the world cup.
•Russian First Division 2010

post #4 of 292 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2010, 02:03
Premier Player

post #5 of 292 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2010, 01:20
Premier Player

A bit old, but probably to archive:

Russia's full presentation: (better quality than one on FIFA.com)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4gKQ4XTuwU
Promo clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdcRbaXH2kA
"Sasha" is played by twins currently in Spartak's school of 2001.

Arshavin interview on ATVO:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q050KG5N
(Pasted without permission. Like him or not, worth watching.)
post #6 of 292 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2010, 05:35 Thread Starter
Azerbaijani Eagle
Legend

I don't understand why 4 games will be in Moscow? 3 is too much enough. Also I don't understand why Saransk have to host game, there are far better Russian cities

post #7 of 292 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2010, 19:45
Rookie

What I find a shame is the English calling it a fix. The night before England and Russia were the two favourites. But England suddenly dropped to last place the next day and its all a big conspiracy! "What changed over night" they are moaning, Eh, hooligans invading the pitch in a top flight league match leathering hell out the Police and throwing pyrotechics into the crowd...yes, lets have a world cup in England! Your own fault, no fix! It will be great in Russia, and safer too
post #8 of 292 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2010, 18:37
Left Back
Rising Star

Teams: PFC CSKA Moskva, San Jose Earthquakes, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreminal View Post
What I can say, to be honest I wanted Dutch/Holland to win but congratulations, and I am also glad USA missed out.
As an American soccer fan, I don't think America deserves to host the world cup again. That said, I think Qatar was a ridiculous choice. The best it can offer is that it will throw money at the world cup and be the first country in the middle-east to host the world cup. Problem with the middle-east is that there just aren't many countries with good fan support (not to mention that all the rich ones are monarchies). You have to go as far east as Iran to find a country with good fan support and a decent football team (and as much as FIFA claims to be politically neutral I don't think a world cup in Iran is happening). I think Australia would have had been the obvious choice here, as South Korea's and Japan's bids were good, but they only recently jointly hosted the world cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECID89 View Post
What I find a shame is the English calling it a fix. The night before England and Russia were the two favourites. But England suddenly dropped to last place the next day and its all a big conspiracy! "What changed over night" they are moaning, Eh, hooligans invading the pitch in a top flight league match leathering hell out the Police and throwing pyrotechics into the crowd...yes, lets have a world cup in England! Your own fault, no fix! It will be great in Russia, and safer too
I thought all along Russia was the obvious choice. You have a country that is relatively safe in terms of infrastructure and stadium construction, but still manage to have the world cup in an area that has never had the world cup before. Besides, i'm extremely happy about England losing the world cup bid, especially how it went out in the first round. All along the British press and fans have had a sense of entitlement, and they are just so arrogant about everything football related, wether it is their national team in 2010 (even us Americans made them look like buffoons) or the English Premier League, or getting to host the 2018 world cup. And I was totally expecting them to whine about corruption and all if the world cup didn't go to them.
post #9 of 292 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2010, 19:06
Rookie

Good point well made! I still cannot believe England are crying foul, arrogant is a good way to describe the attitude,in England they call the English Football Association THE FA. Hooligans lost the bid for them, and arrogance just can't let them see that they lost it and Russia was awarded it because they were better. I bet its the best world cup for ages. Italia 90 was the best for me by far!:rollani:
post #10 of 292 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2010, 19:35
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Seriously, Russians, with serious problems when it comes to racism towards black players, is are saying that some Birmingham fans acting like cocks is what cost England the bid? I didn't even want it to go to England, (and the media in the UK was saying FIFA were corrupt from before the vote, there was a good Panorama exposť of FIFA's executive commitee and records of them recieving six or seven figure sums through the company that used to award all the commerical rights that aired the Monday before the vote and is rumoured to have hurt England's bid) but denying that FIFA has serious corruption issues, whether or not your nation favoured from that or not, is real head-in-the-sand stuff.

And mate, the FA is called the FA not out of arrogance but because once upon a time it was the only football association in the world. It was 10 years before the SFA came into existence, 13 before the Welsh FA. Daft sod.

Also ummonk, bog off eh? You say the "British press" are bigging up "their" national team, well I say invest in some brains and learn that there is no British national team, there is England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, each country has it's own press, and I don't remember the Daily Record predicting Scotland would qualify for Euro 2012, never mind win the World Cup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #11 of 292 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2010, 19:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland are the only reasonable ones of the bunch...
post #12 of 292 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2010, 19:48
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

I'd not disagree

Quote:
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #13 of 292 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2010, 20:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I may have to take Wales back because I remember Robbie Savage basically asking how dare Wales lose to those minnows Montenegro

The thing I hate about England is they rarely give their opponents any respect, especially if they are not Spain, Brazil, Argentina or the other powers. They cannot accept poor results against the likes of Croatia, Russia, Montenegro, Algeria for some reason, when all these sides are probably more technical than England but don't have the hype machine around them
post #14 of 292 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2010, 15:32
Left Back
Rising Star

Teams: PFC CSKA Moskva, San Jose Earthquakes, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Willard View Post
Also ummonk, bog off eh? You say the "British press" are bigging up "their" national team, well I say invest in some brains and learn that there is no British national team, there is England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, each country has it's own press, and I don't remember the Daily Record predicting Scotland would qualify for Euro 2012, never mind win the World Cup...
I should have said England. I have nothing against Scotland, Wales, or occupied Ireland.
post #15 of 292 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2010, 16:10
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Saying "occupied" Ireland really simplifies a complicated political issue in a way that makes you look very silly. Like it or not, the majority of citizens currently living in Northern Ireland favour remaining as part of the UK and not Ireland, though that'll change in the next 50 years.

Quote:
post #16 of 292 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2010, 21:54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
I may have to take Wales back because I remember Robbie Savage basically asking how dare Wales lose to those minnows Montenegro

The thing I hate about England is they rarely give their opponents any respect, especially if they are not Spain, Brazil, Argentina or the other powers. They cannot accept poor results against the likes of Croatia, Russia, Montenegro, Algeria for some reason, when all these sides are probably more technical than England but don't have the hype machine around them
I loved it when Mladen Petric scored at Wembley to knock England out! Petric for CSKA in January?

And yes, once upon a time England were THE FA becuse they were the only one, proved my point, football arrogance in England is endless, once upon a time a lot of things were so, things grow up, change, develop, not THE FA. Arrogance considering there are no how many football associations? Boo hoo England
post #17 of 292 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2010, 09:43 Thread Starter
Azerbaijani Eagle
Legend

No offense but after recent chaos between Russian nazis and Caucasians I really lost respect to this tournament and I don't want to visit Russia for this reason. People want to live quiet yes due bunch of idiots it always violence and bloodshed

post #18 of 292 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2010, 23:47
Premier Player

Do you go to Brazil, then?

Russia by the time will change a lot. But if someone has the "southern local" feature, it's strongly recommended not to travel apart from, say, England's supporter groups.
It's not just racisms and violence. Authorities will not give a damn on suspicious-looking foreigners/locals during the tournament. Serious.
post #19 of 292 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2010, 05:08 Thread Starter
Azerbaijani Eagle
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan25 View Post
Do you go to Brazil, then?

Russia by the time will change a lot. But if someone has the "southern local" feature, it's strongly recommended not to travel apart from, say, England's supporter groups.
It's not just racisms and violence. Authorities will not give a damn on suspicious-looking foreigners/locals during the tournament. Serious.
I am pale looking compared to most caucasians but I really hope government starts to do that action or FIFA may sanction

post #20 of 292 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2010, 23:15
Premier Player

Weeding terrorism or country's economic problems isn't FIFA's job.

These riots, in essence, have no link with football. If many of the university students in Moscow were Spartak fans and they protested against rising tuitions, that doesn't mean football fans in Russia caused riots on Moscow streets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in