post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2009, 02:05 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2009, 19:54
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Brazil 2 - 0 USA me thinks. Brazil will seal it with a late goal.

R.I.P Ari
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2009, 19:50 Thread Starter
Premier Player

wow great game. going well for the US

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2009, 20:03 Thread Starter
Premier Player

2-0 is looking like a possibility
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2009, 23:19 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I'm thinking about going to LA Galaxy v. AC Milan locally. Expensive though, not sure if it is worth it. $100 for good seats. $50 for horrid.

Will also be going to Inter v. Chelsea. Will be sweet. Now will see Zhirkov, assuming he is playing by then. Also I am an Inter fan. It will be at the Rose Bowl.

Also going to Barca v. Galaxy with a group of friends at the Rose Bowl.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2009, 16:19
Xtratime Elite

Ha, those stingy British. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ec=mls&cc=5901

Newsflash Becks, MLS players don't earn like they do overseas.

R.I.P Ari
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 07:32 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Dima i think you are wrong about Donovan. I went to Galaxy v. AC Milan tonight. Donovan is an absolute star. He was the fastest player out there, looked the best ( I know AC Milan is out of shape). I think you greatly underrate him and what he brings to the table.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 16:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake44444 View Post
Dima i think you are wrong about Donovan. I went to Galaxy v. AC Milan tonight. Donovan is an absolute star. He was the fastest player out there, looked the best ( I know AC Milan is out of shape). I think you greatly underrate him and what he brings to the table.
What? I thought that game was tonight on FSC?

I'm so pissed these games aren't in Chicago this year, every summer since 2004 I've seen some awesome games: Man Utd, Bayern, Milan, Chelsea, Barca....this year nothing

Wowww, that's f'n brilliant that their playing in the Rose Bowl. BRILLIANT....hope you got some good seats though
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 18:32 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
What? I thought that game was tonight on FSC?

I'm so pissed these games aren't in Chicago this year, every summer since 2004 I've seen some awesome games: Man Utd, Bayern, Milan, Chelsea, Barca....this year nothing

Wowww, that's f'n brilliant that their playing in the Rose Bowl. BRILLIANT....hope you got some good seats though
Galaxy AC Milan was yesterday home depot center.

I'm going to Inter Chelsea tomorrow at the Rose Bowl. Should be sweet Missing work too.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 18:32 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Also I saw Inter play against UCLA on Thur on a small field on UCLA campus. Right on the action.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:16
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
I like Donovan, but I ( and many other people) can't get over the fact that was unable to establish himself in Europe. He's a good player but nowhere near world class imo. He doesn't have that extra somehting like creativity or sick close control

R.I.P Ari
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:23 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
I like Donovan, but I ( and many other people) can't get over the fact that was unable to establish himself in Europe. He's a good player but nowhere near world class imo. He doesn't have that extra somehting like creativity or sick close control
dude he was like 21 when he was in Europe, he is only 27 now. He is just now hitting his peak.

Was Arshavin any worse of player when he was in RPL v. EPL? No, but the perception about him changed in jackass English minds. You are doing the same to Landon Donovan. It Demarcus Beasley and Clint Dempsey can establish themselves, in Europe, obvious that should not be the gold standard of measuring a players greatness.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:28
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
dude he was like 21 when he was in Europe, he is only 27 now. He is just now hitting his peak.

Was Arshavin any worse of player when he was in RPL v. EPL? No, but the perception about him changed in jackass English minds. You are doing the same to Landon Donovan. It Demarcus Beasley and Clint Dempsey can establish themselves, in Europe, obvious that should not be the gold standard of measuring a players greatness.
Drake you're all over the place. Donovan was never "in" Europe, he quit Bayer's training camp and went back to L.A. . Last year he went on trial to Bayern Munich and they sent him home.

Demarcus Beasley ? He's shit and is now on the bench for Rangers. Dempsey is an ok player in England.

Not to mention, the RPL was at a way higher point when AA played their compared to MLS.

R.I.P Ari
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:30 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Drake you're all over the place. Donovan was never "in" Europe, he quit Bayer's training camp and went back to L.A. . Last year he went on trial to Bayern Munich and they sent him home.

Demarcus Beasley ? He's shit and is now on the bench for Rangers. Dempsey is an ok player in England.

Not to mention, the RPL was at a way higher point when AA played their compared to MLS.
I'm not comparing RPL to MLS, I am comparing how your perceptions of a player are based purely on perceptions of the league he plays in.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:31
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
I'm not comparing RPL to MLS, I am comparing how your perceptions of a player are based purely on perceptions of the league he plays in.
AA is proven in Russia, UEFA Cup, Internationally, and in England. Comparing him to an MLS player is ridiculous, and if Donovan's so good then why didn't Bayern even give him a spot on the team ?

If we're talking about Donovan the player. Yes he's good and has some ice movement off the ball, but he'll never start at a top club because like I said, he doesn't have that extra creativity and techniue that elite attacking mids have,

R.I.P Ari
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:40 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
AA is proven in Russia, UEFA Cup, Internationally, and in England. Comparing him to an MLS player is ridiculous, and if Donovan's so good then why didn't Bayern even give him a spot on the team ?

If we're talking about Donovan the player. Yes he's good and has some ice movement off the ball, but he'll never start at a top club because like I said, he doesn't have that extra creativity and techniue that elite attacking mids have,
So if he signs for a European club next month, he'll then be qualified to be considered good?

I didn't compare him to AA, I compared it to perception of players because of the league they play. For instance people said AA would be a bust in England because he was from RPL, and you saying Donovan sucks just because he is in the MLS. It is the same thing.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:44
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
So if he signs for a European club next month, he'll then be qualified to be considered good?

I didn't compare him to AA, I compared it to perception of players because of the league they play. For instance people said AA would be a bust in England because he was from RPL, and you saying Donovan sucks just because he is in the MLS. It is the same thing.
I didn't say he sucks.

Actually most people didn't think that AA would be a bust, why would they after the UEFA Cup and Euros ?

I'll rate Donovan higher if he does something in Europe, but unfortunately he seems content to stay in the MLS. And I'm far from the only one who shares this opinion.

R.I.P Ari
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:46
Xtratime Elite

Drake, how do YOU rate Donovan ? By the looks of it it seems like you think he's world class and I know footy rates him as one of the 20 best midfielders in the world.

Tim Howard ( gk I know) is honestly on of the better keepers in the world btw.

R.I.P Ari
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 19:58 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Drake, how do YOU rate Donovan ? By the looks of it it seems like you think he's world class and I know footy rates him as one of the 20 best midfielders in the world.

Tim Howard ( gk I know) is honestly on of the better keepers in the world btw.
No not world’s best, but good enough to start at Fiorentina or Tottenham or the like
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 20:05
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
No not world’s best, but good enough to start at Fiorentina or Tottenham or the like
Good chance you're right but it's his fault for honestly being scared to go and play in Europe. It would also be a bigger deal here in the States if he did well in the EPL let's say.

R.I.P Ari

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in