For non Russia decsent RPL fans.... - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2009, 00:54 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Posts: 2,423
For non Russia decsent RPL fans....

How did you become a fan of Russian football?
Drake44444 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2009, 01:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Well i am a russian sport fan,not only football.

I start to support dynamo kyiv since 1986 and also the soviet team because many players were from dynamo and lobanovsky the coach.

Than i saw myself supporting soviet sport and russia is their succesor...

Anyway i don't support the ukrainian nt as the russian national team.

As any other ex soviet countrie as russia in any sport.Though if they play gainst western countries or clubs i will support them apart from portugal of course.

I know a lot of russian sport and ukrainian football for a non russian/ukrainian guy.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2009, 01:06
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,919
Non Russian fans should start following the RPL, the on and off the field stuff is chaotic and it's great to follow.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2009, 01:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Non Russian fans should start following the RPL, the on and off the field stuff is chaotic and it's great to follow.
Calendar march november is not appropiate

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2009, 01:58
Xtratime Legend
 
El Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Posts: 28,158
I am definitely a fan RPL

Śuvres complčtes de Fikret Smiljanić
El Lobo is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2009, 03:41 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
Calendar march november is not appropiate
March November is great. Keeps action going in the summer months for me.
Drake44444 is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2009, 04:37
Legend
 
MagyarGyerek's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Teams: FTC, Hungary
Posts: 17,900
For me personally, it all started with Euro 2008. Russia really surprised me and got me interested in the team, and I did some research and found out all players played in Russia so I was quite impressed, and I followed the RPL from there. Then, I saw Zenit play in the Champions League and they really impressed me, especially against Real Madrid. And well now, 3 Hungarians play in the RPL, and I follow every Hungarian player in every league. First we have Huszti at Zenit, then Gaal at Amkar, and Nemeth at Tom. First I followed Gaal, because Amkar did very well last year, and their defense was the best in the league, and Gaal is a left back (he hasn't played this year due to injury) and he got a lot of hype from the Hungarian media, because hes not in the NT and our weakest position is LB and he was an important part in Amkar's success. Now Huszti has moved to Zenit and hes one of our biggest talents so I follow him closely (but not much to follow so far... but i'll leave that). Lastly Nemeth.. don't really know how he got there, he was a good player in the NBI but didn't expect him to get signed abroad, esp not to the RPL. Anyways I'm happy for him, he seems to be a starter there (well hes just came off a sickness and has missed a few games).

So in conclusion, I became a fan of the RPL because of Russia's success in the Euro 2008, Zenit's display in the Champions League, and the fact that Hungarian players play there

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

Tehetségben nincs hiány, hiszem hogy jó lesz még a magyar foci!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
MagyarGyerek is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2009, 20:16 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarGyerek View Post
For me personally, it all started with Euro 2008. Russia really surprised me and got me interested in the team, and I did some research and found out all players played in Russia so I was quite impressed, and I followed the RPL from there. Then, I saw Zenit play in the Champions League and they really impressed me, especially against Real Madrid. And well now, 3 Hungarians play in the RPL, and I follow every Hungarian player in every league. First we have Huszti at Zenit, then Gaal at Amkar, and Nemeth at Tom. First I followed Gaal, because Amkar did very well last year, and their defense was the best in the league, and Gaal is a left back (he hasn't played this year due to injury) and he got a lot of hype from the Hungarian media, because hes not in the NT and our weakest position is LB and he was an important part in Amkar's success. Now Huszti has moved to Zenit and hes one of our biggest talents so I follow him closely (but not much to follow so far... but i'll leave that). Lastly Nemeth.. don't really know how he got there, he was a good player in the NBI but didn't expect him to get signed abroad, esp not to the RPL. Anyways I'm happy for him, he seems to be a starter there (well hes just came off a sickness and has missed a few games).

So in conclusion, I became a fan of the RPL because of Russia's success in the Euro 2008, Zenit's display in the Champions League, and the fact that Hungarian players play there
Interesting.

I would really like to see Huszti play more. He was fairly effective in Germany?

Yes that Real Madrid game last year was like the game that was the story of Zenit’s second half of the year. Attempts on goal, great play, but no finishing.
Drake44444 is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2009, 00:36
Legend
 
MagyarGyerek's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Teams: FTC, Hungary
Posts: 17,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake44444 View Post
Interesting.

I would really like to see Huszti play more. He was fairly effective in Germany?
are you trying to write 'was he fairly...' or you added the question mark by mistake ?

Anyways, you can always find clips of Huszti on youtube. Club wise, hes scored against all the big names in Germany, as well as Real Madrid, AC Milan. For our NT hes been the best player by far in the qualifiers. Before he moved to Zenit, Celtic, Sevilla, Portsmouth were after him. Not bad for a player playing for Hannover. He always finished as the player with the most assists on his team.

Here he is against Greece (hes #11). He played 'striker' in this game, and gave the assist on the second goal with a FK, and played his part in the 3rd goal. He usually plays on the left, but if our right midfield is out, he goes to the right, but the left and right win usually switch a few times during the game. Oh and excuse the horrible Hungarian defending, but that was when our D was still sh!t, even though their second goal was offside.

http://www.indavideo.hu/video/MAGYAR...94d237225233bd

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

Tehetségben nincs hiány, hiszem hogy jó lesz még a magyar foci!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
MagyarGyerek is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2009, 00:40 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Posts: 2,423
Thanks for the info.

Yes I meant it as a question "Was he...?"

Yes I hope to see him get out there more. Hopefully this week.
Drake44444 is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2009, 04:15
Legend
 
MagyarGyerek's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Teams: FTC, Hungary
Posts: 17,900
no problem, if you got any other questions about Huszti I can answer them. And yeah, me, you, and every other HUN football fan want to see him play... (btw maybe these posts can b moved to the official Zenit thread).

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

Tehetségben nincs hiány, hiszem hogy jó lesz még a magyar foci!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
MagyarGyerek is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2009, 20:25 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Posts: 2,423
As for me, back on to the thread subject, I became interested in Russia when living in Copenhagen in the Summer of 2005. I travelled to Latvia and Estonia randomly and found them very interesting places. I hung out with some Russians in Latvia. This coincided with my return to the United States and studying in University. I studied International Relations and History with a focus on European. So naturally, when studying political science and international relations with an American perspective, the Soviet Union and Russia is a primary focus of study.

I began to be more interested in Russia and took more classes, began to study the language, and decided to study abroad in Russia.

I went to St. Petersburg in fall of 2006. Seems like just the other day, but it was back then. It was a rough time for me with some great spells. I kind of felt like St. Petersburg was a home for me because I began to know the city well, and respect, but also hate all the bad aspects about it in a way in which you do in your home city. It was rough and meaningful and had some great aspects all at the same time.

I returned to St. Petersburg 3 more times since then as well for various times or what not.

So naturally I became a Zenit fan. And my former gf/still close friend is from St. Petersburg.

So there you go, Russia is an interesting place and RPL has not disappointed.

And like any St. Petersburg sports fan I hate the Moscow team and am proud of one team in St. Petersburg.
Drake44444 is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 01:03
Forum Manager
Legend
 
FootyFan365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Indy
Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Posts: 10,375
That's a cool story, great experience for you, most people wouldn't have the balls to do that

Please tell me you've been to a Zenit game....did you meet your ex in Piter or from L.A.?
FootyFan365 is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 01:15 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
That's a cool story, great experience for you, most people wouldn't have the balls to do that

Please tell me you've been to a Zenit game....did you meet your ex in Piter or from L.A.?
No never been a Zenit game. Unfortunately went to St. Petersburg on an international break last time. And this year will be during winter break if I go. I will go eventually though, but probably not before they open the new arena. Also my gf/friend is scared to go. She lives near petrovsky coincidently....

I met her from St. Petersburg.

LOL the funny thing is people don't realize it takes balls to go to St. Petersburg. Even people I know who went there on vacation for 3 days talk about how its the greatest city ever. I don't think they realize..... I mean I like the place but its not like Oslo in terms of living conditions.
Drake44444 is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 01:21
Forum Manager
Legend
 
FootyFan365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Indy
Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Posts: 10,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake44444 View Post
No never been a Zenit game. Unfortunately went to St. Petersburg on an international break last time. And this year will be during winter break if I go. I will go eventually though, but probably not before they open the new arena. Also my gf/friend is scared to go. She lives near petrovsky coincidently....

I met her from St. Petersburg.

LOL the funny thing is people don't realize it takes balls to go to St. Petersburg. Even people I know who went there on vacation for 3 days talk about how its the greatest city ever. I don't think they realize..... I mean I like the place but its not like Oslo in terms of living conditions.
Why didn't you go to a game when you were there studying abroad?

Wow man that's cool you actually met a girl in Russia and made it last, I'm pretty impressed. I'm guessing you communicated in English though
FootyFan365 is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 01:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake44444 View Post
March November is great. Keeps action going in the summer months for me.
Hmmm.it stops may to july when you have euro and world cups and will stop one mointh this year 15 june to 15 july.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 01:30 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
Hmmm.it stops may to july when you have euro and world cups and will stop one mointh this year 15 june to 15 july.
Yeah so one month break I guess, which kind of sucks, that part is weird. And then waiting till August 1 to register players.
Drake44444 is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 01:31 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Teams: Zenit, Fulham
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
Why didn't you go to a game when you were there studying abroad?

Wow man that's cool you actually met a girl in Russia and made it last, I'm pretty impressed. I'm guessing you communicated in English though
I don't know, was busy, didn't really know what I was doing when I was there.... stuck with the group of Americans I was with a little bit too much.

Yeah spoke in English. She came to the US summer of 2007.
Drake44444 is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 01:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Amateur stuff especialy for dinamo moskva.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 01:32
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,919
Drake, did you visit that Fountain Palace thingy ?

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome