What do you think about these players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 06:56
Star Player

Kim Don-Jin is an awesome full-back who has really helped Zenit. Ho is more of a backup, and just doesn't play enough. Their were rumors linking Ho to Italy earlier this year, so we'll see what happens.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 07:00
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, CSKA Moskva, Ukraine, Russia, USA
Hard to judge since they're mainly used as occasional substitutes.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 07:09
Star Player

Kim Dong Jin is almost always a starter. In '06, he started every league match for Zenit from his arrival at the club. He started 24 [out of 30] RPL matches for Zenit last year, and he started 11 UEFA Cup matches for Zenit this past term. The only reason we didn't see him against Leverkusen, Bayern, and Rangers was because of a nasty injury he picked up. But KDJ is a top-notch, offensive-minded, fullback. Great player.

Ho joined Zenit in June of '06, like Dong Jin. He got off to a decent start, playing in 18 matches [11 starts] that year. But since then, DA has completely lost confidence in him, and he even went down to reserves at one point.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 07:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Thanks for the responses.

Lee Young-pyo and Park Ji-sung did well together at PSV. I wonder if this was observed by Zenit and thought it wise to bring together another two Koreans? I have noticed that some Asian players suffer from homesickness - language problems, the different culture, so on.

Even if Lee Ho's contribution on the pitch hasn't been immense by itself, it wouldn't be a surprise if he's helped make life more comfortable for his countryman.

If Lee Ho was to leave, I wonder how Kim would react.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 07:46
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, CSKA Moskva, Ukraine, Russia, USA
Both followed Advocaat. I feel if he was to leave, so would they.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 07:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Ah that's right, he formerly managed the South Korean national team. We'll see.

I hope to see Kim in the Champions League next season [and Lee too, if the possibility arrised]. I'm interested in the progression of Asian footballers.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love

Last edited by Jeffrey; June 24th, 2008 at 08:04.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 07:49
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA View Post
Lee Young-pyo and Park Ji-sung did well together at PSV. I wonder if this was observed by Zenit and thought it wise to bring together another two Koreans? I have noticed that some Asian players suffer from homesickness - language problems, the different culture, so on.

Even if Lee Ho's contribution on the pitch hasn't been immense by itself, it wouldn't be a surprise if he's helped make life more comfortable for his countryman.

If Lee Ho was to leave, I wonder how Kim would react.
I think you have hit it spot on. In his Bio on Zenit's website, KDJ lists Ho as his best friend on the club [which isn't surprising]. Clearly it was a smart move by Zenit to bring 2 Koreans into the mix, as [I would assume] the move from Korea to Russia would be extremely difficult for anyone. You have the lanugage barrier, the weather, etc.

So I would certainly guess that Ho has helped KDJ out immensely, even if Ho himself isn't producing much on the pitch. And I'm sure Zenit realize this and are paying Ho handsomely. Why else would the guy be content to just sit on the bench? If Ho left, I would guess that KDJ might follow him out the door, despite his budding career at Zenit.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 12:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's important for everyone to have someone they know and it surely shows on their appereances. Fitting into a new team isn't very easy and it may not even help that the club is taking well care of you if there isn't anyone you can hang out with during your free time.

Adaption is essential and I think bigger clubs are starting to take care more and more of their newcomers. There are so many examples of talented players who suffer from homesickness and just sit around in their appartment doing nothing.

Just take a look at Elano during his first couple of months at Shaktar where he came home from trainings and had no social life besides his wife and child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 01:42
Star Player

Yeah, to be honest, I think that's the only reason why Zenit keeps paying Ho's cheques. To be blatantly honest, the player sucks, but KDJ is an absolute beast down Zenit's left flank.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2008, 19:52
Rookie

Teams: Zenit SPb, USA, Russia, University of Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porto&Guti View Post
Yeah, to be honest, I think that's the only reason why Zenit keeps paying Ho's cheques. To be blatantly honest, the player sucks, but KDJ is an absolute beast down Zenit's left flank.
It is a well known fact that the only reason Ho was signed was to keep KDJ company. He hasn't played a meaningful game in two years, and his game is so awful DA won't even let him start for the reserve side.

Zenit has to keep KDJ happy - between KDJ and Shirl on the left flank, and Anyukov/Denisov on the right, they've got blistering ability, speed and talent on both flanks. If the price to pay for that is keeping the worthless Ho on the roster/salary rolls, so be it.

2008 UEFA CUP CHAMPIONS!
FK Zenit SPb American Fans of Zenit
University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Sports

Кто болеет за Динамо - у того стоит не прямо.
Кто болеет за Спартак - у того стоит не так.
Кто болеет за Зенит - у того всегда стоит!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2008, 19:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Kim Don Jin is not looking good...anyway 19 july he will leave for the olympics,Sirl will be the left back and 47 old Horshkov the subs.pp

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2008, 20:11
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
When Kim's on his game he's one of Russia's top left backs. Very tenacious and has that typical Korean football mentality of playng very dirty.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2008, 20:23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimyula View Post
When Kim's on his game he's one of Russia's top left backs. Very tenacious and has that typical Korean football mentality of playng very dirty.
a dirty player? Naah, Dimon, I think your off base on this. Physical, yes, dirty or a cheat, no.

2008 UEFA CUP CHAMPIONS!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2008, 20:27
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenit View Post
a dirty player? Naah, Dimon, I think your off base on this. Physical, yes, dirty or a cheat, no.
He's a hard player, I'll leave it at that. His challenges can be cynical at times, no I wouldn't put him in the same sentence as Materazzi but he's definatley one of Russia's most physical defenders.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2008, 20:32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
Kim Don Jin is not looking good...anyway 19 july he will leave for the olympics,Sirl will be the left back and 47 old Horshkov the subs.pp
Oh, he's not looking good, eh? Seems just fine by me, he was whupping up on the likes of Villarreal and Olympique Marseille before he got hurt...and correct me if I'm wrong, kleber, but wasn't he voted into the RPL top XI in 2007? How much do you really know about Russian football, anyway? :rollani:

2008 UEFA CUP CHAMPIONS!

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2008, 08:32
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenit View Post
It is a well known fact that the only reason Ho was signed was to keep KDJ company. He hasn't played a meaningful game in two years, and his game is so awful DA won't even let him start for the reserve side.

Zenit has to keep KDJ happy - between KDJ and Shirl on the left flank, and Anyukov/Denisov on the right, they've got blistering ability, speed and talent on both flanks. If the price to pay for that is keeping the worthless Ho on the roster/salary rolls, so be it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in