Premier League 2008 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2008, 17:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Premier League 2008

So the league starts in three weeks.Time to open this thread.

First round have a Zenit-Spartak.

News of today Kerzhakov sign a three year contract with dinamo moscow,a 7 millions euros fee.

I don't get kerzhakov,what will he win in dinamo? or does dinamo have money to invest in the team?

my ranking for this year

Zenit,some doubts though they need a striker,bench too short.
Cska
Spartak
Moskva
loko
Saturn
Dinamo
Krylya
Rubin
Shinnik
Tom
Amkar
Vladivostok
Khimki
Nalchik
Terek

The first 8-9 teams have decent rosters.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2008, 19:12
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
What? :eekani: Kerzhekov is coming back to Russia??? :dielaugh: Isn't the transfer window closed? What is his status on the NT the last few months, has he always been a sure starter? Maybe he's looking for playing time to impress Hiddink and start in Euro's..
post #3 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2008, 19:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365
What? :eekani: Kerzhekov is coming back to Russia??? :dielaugh: Isn't the transfer window closed? What is his status on the NT the last few months, has he always been a sure starter? Maybe he's looking for playing time to impress Hiddink and start in Euro's..
transfer window close March 13.

Yeah,he return to play....but dinamo and especialy not loan is ridiculous,stuck to dinamo till 2010.:dielaugh:

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion

post #4 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2008, 19:41
Premier Player

Teams: PSG
yes i am still wainting and i am very exciting to watch first match in season

Zenit - Spartak will be very interesting, last season Spartak won 2 times that Zenit should rehabilit this year

For me a Zenit fan a question who will win a league is a simply

but teams to get a champion are
Spartak
CSKA
Loko
Saturn
Moskva

maybe very strange bets but Saturn for me have a very interesting team, many players

we will see
post #5 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2008, 20:58
Star Player

For anyone that didn't know about Kerzhakov, here is the article:
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl...id=663861.html

FC Dinamo Moskva have signed Russian international striker Aleksandr Kerzhakov from Sevilla FC for a fee in the region of Ä7m.

Limited opportunities
The move will give the 25-year-old first-team football in the Premier-Liga as he seeks to secure a place in Russia's UEFA EURO 2008ô squad. Signed by Sevilla from FC Zenit St. Petersburg in January 2007, Kerzhakov scored eight goals in 26 Primera Divisiůn games as well as featuring in the Andalusians' UEFA Cup final triumph against RCD Espanyol. However, he was limited to six league starts this term and had made no secret of his desire to be playing regularly before this summer's EURO finals. Sevilla paid Zenit around Ä5m for Kerzhakov who has registered 14 goals in 44 appearances for his country. The Russian season begins on 14 March with Dinamo in action two days later at FC Tom Tomsk.
post #6 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2008, 12:18
Premier Player

KERZHAKOV INKES A THRE-YEAR DEAL WITH DYNAMO

Alexander Kerzhakov explains the reasons for his decision to come back to his homeland from Sevilla.

The Russian striker commented on his switch to the Russian Premier Liga as he inked a three-year contract with Dynamo Moscow.

Dynamoís Kerzhakov has undergone his medical in the club and is expected to join his new teammates on pre-season training exercised in Holland today.

"Dynamo was the only club to made a concrete offer which satisfied both me and Sevilla," said Kerzhakov to Sport Express.

"I worked with Dynamo head coach Andrei Kobelev and it also affected my decision."

"I will never forget about my former club Zenit and our fans, but I am Dynamo player and I think only about my new team."

"I want to have constant first-team practice since itís always better than sitting on the bench."

"I understand that I will have to compete for a place in the line-up in Dynamo, but I am happy to work with a manager who respects me and relies on my services."

"The Moscow club failed to enter the podium in the previous season doesnít mean they are unable to do it now."

"A player who doesnít have constant practice canít be featured for his national team, but I am desperate to play in the summerís Euro Championship."

"I collected three trophies with Sevilla, however itís time to come back to Russia."
post #7 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2008, 03:21
Star Player

Interesting news in that Dinamo Moskva has a new sponsor, and it looks like Kerzhakov may be the first of many new signings. Last time they tried this, it didn't work with Maniche, Costinha, Seitaridis, etc, so let's hope that they spend their money wisely this time.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...02/27/044.html

Usmanov to Sponsor Dynamo

The Moscow Times

Metalloinvest, controlled by billionaire Alisher Usmanov, has agreed to sponsor Dynamo Moscow, the football club announced Tuesday.

Kommersant owner and Gazprominvestholding chairman Usmanov will team up with the club, whose advisory board is headed by Audit Chamber chief Sergei Stepashin. Usmanov and Stepashin were to appear at a news conference Wednesday, Dynamo said. Metalloinvest declined to comment Tuesday.

The move is not Usmanov's first foray into football. In August, Usmanov followed in Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's footsteps when Red and White Holdings, a company he jointly owns, bought into London club Arsenal.

Last week, Red and White Holdings became the biggest single Arsenal shareholder, with several purchases giving it just shy of a 25 percent blocking stake.

The Dynamo deal echoes an earlier sponsorship agreement between army team CSKA Moscow and Abramovich's Sibneft. The move allowed Abramovich to pump millions of dollars into CSKA while avoiding a conflict of interest because of his ownership of Chelsea.

Emerging from a team founded by an Englishman in the late 1880s, Dynamo fell under the Interior Ministry's control after the revolution, becoming known as the secret services' club.

Stepashin, who headed the St. Petersburg branch of a KGB successor organization in the early '90s, went on to lead the Federal Security Service and briefly served as prime minister.
post #8 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 29th, 2008, 01:02
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Looks like CSKA and Zenit are the favourites this year and I predict that they'll finish 1 and 2.

R.I.P Ari
post #9 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 29th, 2008, 20:43
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Looks like CSKA and Zenit are the favourites this year and I predict that they'll finish 1 and 2.
I agree that CSKA and Zenit are the favourites, but does anyone give either Moskva or Spartak a chance to reach the top 2?
post #10 of 1155 (permalink) Old February 29th, 2008, 23:45
Xtratime Elite

Not Moskva, don't see a reason for them improving that much. Spartak has a chance but if I had to pick a top 2 I'd go with CSKA and Zenit.

R.I.P Ari
post #11 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2008, 00:35
Star Player

Quote:
Not Moskva, don't see a reason for them improving that much. Spartak has a chance but if I had to pick a top 2 I'd go with CSKA and Zenit.

I agree that Moskva haven't improved much, but they really came on strong toward the end of last season. I also like their new manager, Oleg Blokhin; I think he will do a good job.

All I'm saying is that if I were Zenit or Spartak, I would be worried about Moskva. I don't think Zenit or Spartak have improved much at all, and I actually think CSKA may run away with the title if some of their key players can stay healthy.
post #12 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2008, 01:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porto&Guti View Post
I agree that Moskva haven't improved much, but they really came on strong toward the end of last season. I also like their new manager, Oleg Blokhin; I think he will do a good job.

All I'm saying is that if I were Zenit or Spartak, I would be worried about Moskva. I don't think Zenit or Spartak have improved much at all, and I actually think CSKA may run away with the title if some of their key players can stay healthy.
Cska defense is shit,they have the offensive mid and attack only..might be enough to win the league though.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #13 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2008, 12:15
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
Cska defense is shit,they have the offensive mid and attack only..might be enough to win the league though.
Our defense is still the best in Russia though. Least amoutn of goals allowed last year. Spartak's defense is laughable though.

R.I.P Ari
post #14 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2008, 12:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Our defense is still the best in Russia though. Least amoutn of goals allowed last year. Spartak's defense is laughable though.
That means nothing....all defense of the rus teams sucks to me.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #15 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2008, 13:22
Premier Player

predict is a predict we must waiting for few first rounds ale we will see what happend maybe new teams can make something maybe some teams will be difficult matches with their
post #16 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2008, 23:56
Star Player

Man, this is not good at all:
http://mnweekly.ru/columnists/20080306/55314582.html

Football Coming back to Chechnya?

On Thursday, Russian football officials appeared ready to rule that indeed, the capital of the Chechen Republic is ready to host football. FC Terek Grozny will rejoin Russia's Premier League this season - its first match is March 14 - but doubts remain about where it should play.

Hurricane Katrina nearly destroyed one of America's great cities, and the city's sports teams were no exception to the crisis. The Louisiana Superdome, the giant sports complex in the heart of the city, was turned into a shelter for the storm's refugees. In that capacity it became a focal point of the misery and despair it engendered. A year later, it was once again hosting the city's professional football team, the New Orleans Saints.

But the move back to normal hasn't been easy. For two seasons, their NBA team, the New Orleans Hornets, played their "home" games in Oklahoma City. They've returned, and are having a fantastic season - 40-19 on Tuesday, led by exciting point guard Chris Paul.

"If any city needs to be lifted up now, it's New Orleans," Hornets owner George Shinn was quoted as saying in the New Orleans Times-Picayune. "And I want to be a part of it."

But trouble remains. The Hornets' average attendance this season is less than 15,000 a game - the worst of any team in the league with a winning record.

American sports teams have always made a concerted effort to get on with things in the face of tragedy. The NBA All-Star game was a key signal that the city would not be forgotten. It is not about politics.

Grozny is a much different case. What happened there was no one-time natural disaster, and just how safe and stable the North Caucasus region really is remains a serious concern.

Terek FC traces its origins back to 1946, and play suspended during the first of the wars that struck the region. It regrouped, playing its "home" games in Pyatigorsk. Last season it earned a spot in the Russian Premier League, and they want to play at home.

The team's Bilimkhanov stadium has been refit with a new turf, new lights, room for 10,000 fans, a new scoreboard. It also features an impressive luxury box for team (and Chechen Republic) President Ramzan Kadyrov. A reporter for Ogonyok noted that it features a bedroom, living room, lush carpets, plasma televisions, and photos of famous visitors like President Vladimir Putin and boxer Mike Tyson.

"Security problems exist in varying degrees anywhere in the world," Kadyrov was quoted as saying recently in Gazeta.ru. "In Moscow, in London, any natural disaster could happen, and about that we don't ask. But when dealing with the terrorist threat, I 100 percent guarantee that it does not exist in the Chechen Republic."

The government is very eager to get them there as well, as another signal that things have returned to normal down there. Reuters reports that President Vladimir Putin - not known to be a big football fan - has only received two football teams at the Kremlin. One was CSKA Moscow after it won the UEFA Cup in 2005. The other was Terek Grozny after it won the 2004 Russia Cup. It is part of a comprehensive approach, coupled with last December's - ahem - remarkable 99 percent support for United Russia in parliamentary elections, to prove that all is well.

But it must be noted that it was less than four years ago at this very stadium where Kadyrov's father, Akhmat Kadyrov, was assasinated. There is no hiding that the region remains a dangerous place to travel, and that other Russian teams would have good reason to want to avoid going there.

Hosting major sports events in the best of circumstances is a tricky thing - witness Europe's continuing efforts to combat football hooliganism for a start. But the unique situation in Grozny gives pause. Russia's top sports leagues are experiencing a moment of resurgence, and playing matches in a wishful atmosphere of normality won't be much help.
post #17 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2008, 01:51
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porto&Guti View Post
Man, this is not good at all:
http://mnweekly.ru/columnists/20080306/55314582.html

But it must be noted that it was less than four years ago at this very stadium where Kadyrov's father, Akhmat Kadyrov, was assasinated. There is no hiding that the region remains a dangerous place to travel, and that other Russian teams would have good reason to want to avoid going there.
Dude this is completely bonkers. That last paragraph says it all.

So let me get this straight...Grozny is in the Premier League? and they might be allowed to play in Chechneya? I can't imagine the Moscow teams going to Chechneya for a game. They'll crush Grozny and then all hell will break loose. Let alone the 20 ultra fans from Moscow that are crazy as fck who will want to go there just to say they did it That's not good at all
post #18 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2008, 03:01
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
Dude this is completely bonkers. That last paragraph says it all.

So let me get this straight...Grozny is in the Premier League? and they might be allowed to play in Chechneya? I can't imagine the Moscow teams going to Chechneya for a game. They'll crush Grozny and then all hell will break loose. Let alone the 20 ultra fans from Moscow that are crazy as fck who will want to go there just to say they did it That's not good at all

Completely agree with you. It is just not safe to play there. For me, I think the two big changes in the Russian Premier League should be these:

1. No football in Chechnya or any other war-torn area.
2. No football in Eastern Russia. It is just ridiuclous that teams from Moscow have to travel 14 hours to play Luch or Tom. If you remember back to 2006, CSKA won the league title in Vladivostok, and then had to travel all the way back to Moscow to play Porto in a key Champions League game only 2 days later! They were exhausted, and didn't play well at all.

I think Luch and Tom should play in an Asian League. The competition and money would still be good for them, and they would not have to travel all the way to Moscow 13 times a year. It's just ludicrous for everyone involved.

Look at how far it is!!
post #19 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2008, 03:48
Forum Manager
Legend

LOL!!! I love that the page's width tripled because of the size of Russia!

Porto I don't agree with you on Vladivostok though. I understand that it's a problem traveling there, and ironically it's even worse for the team that I'm defending! But Vladivostok has always been an important Russian city dating back to trading in the Pacific, so to punish them for being so far away would damn near create more animosity in that city then it already is. I just read somewhere how a women's boss threatened her job if her and her co-workers didn't vote in the Russian election. Imagine being forced to being that loyal to your country one day, but then it basically deciding that you're not worth all the hassle of us proper Moscowiites . There's too much politics involved for Vladivostok not to be apart of the Premier League.
post #20 of 1155 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2008, 04:09
Xtratime Elite

There's no way Tom' or Luch would be kicked out of the league for being so far away. I agree that's it's inconvenient and annoying but they have every right to play. Plus, Tom' especially has a very loyal fan base.

R.I.P Ari

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in