11/17/07 the Time has Come: Russia at Israel - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 215 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2007, 22:28 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,927
11/17/07 the Time has Come: Russia at Israel

So it's our 3rd match of the century in like two months It's skill vs. defense...skill wil prevail and us Russkies will be in Austria/Switzerland come 2008

My predicted line-up...3-4-1-2...but it's really a 3-4-1-1-1

----Akinfeev---
-Brat----Igna----Brat
----Zyrianov---Semshov
Anyukov--------Zhirkov
--------------Bilya
-------Arshavin------
------Sytchev-----

R.I.P Ari

Last edited by Dmitriy; November 14th, 2007 at 23:32.
Dmitriy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 215 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2007, 23:05
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: that Lundun
Teams: Liverpool, Spartak
Posts: 327
Oh, I am looking forward to chewing my nails off every time the ball is hoofed in the general direction of those highly gifted CSKA defenders. And thank f*ck Yossi got himself injured at such a convenient time point. Sychev up front - pffft... that would be a joy to watch.
Pata is offline  
post #3 of 215 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2007, 23:24 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata
Oh, I am looking forward to chewing my nails off every time the ball is hoofed in the general direction of those highly gifted CSKA defenders. And thank f*ck Yossi got himself injured at such a convenient time point. Sychev up front - pffft... that would be a joy to watch.
Ben-Ayoun's just one player. We have a full squad of skillful players.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
 
post #4 of 215 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2007, 23:37
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: that Lundun
Teams: Liverpool, Spartak
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Ben-Ayoun's just one player. We have a full squad of skillful players.
Yossi's probably their best player and has been pretty good for Liverpool this season, to the surprise of more than a few observers.

Yeah, the fastest tanks, the biggest planes, etc... and an enormous propensity to bottle it/psychologically implode/turn into idiots/etc. when it comes to footy. The said squad of skillful players was completely undone by criminal, schoolboy error-prone defending at Wembley and nearly again so at Luzhniki against a pretty dour English side. I can only hope that Arshavin can play with the same spark he did in that second half and that Israel forwards do not suddenly discover that you can do pretty much anything you want in the air against the fabled Russian back line. I also hope that he doesn't play Sychev or Kerzhakov as the lone striker (I've heard some... ahem... "interesting" theories about Kerzh's role of wearing down the England defence in Moscow, so that Pavlyuchenko can come on and finish them off but, to be perfectly honest, they sound b*llocks to me).
Pata is offline  
post #5 of 215 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2007, 23:42 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata
Yossi's probably their best player and has been pretty good for Liverpool this season, to the surprise of more than a few observers.

Yeah, the fastest tanks, the biggest planes, etc... and an enormous propensity to bottle it/psychologically implode/turn into idiots/etc. when it comes to footy. The said squad of skillful players was completely undone by criminal, schoolboy error-prone defending at Wembley and nearly again so at Luzhniki against a pretty dour English side. I can only hope that Arshavin can play with the same spark he did in that second half and that Israel forwards do not suddenly discover that you can do pretty much anything you want in the air against the fabled Russian back line. I also hope that he doesn't play Sychev or Kerzhakov as the lone striker (I've heard some... ahem... "interesting" theories about Kerzh's role of wearing down the England defence in Moscow, so that Pavlyuchenko can come on and finish them off but, to be perfectly honest, they sound b*llocks to me).
Alright, I agree completely about our suspect defense, no denying that. Yes they're horrid in the air, but Israel's not England. I've said this many times before, I put Sytchev ahead of Pavlyuchenko and Kerzh because he compliments our team more. Pavlyuchnko's an excellent finisher but isn't very good technically. Kerzh is in a weird situation in Sevilla and hasn't been doing anything over there since the new coach came in. Sytchev while a questionable finisher is very skillful and links up well with our midfield.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #6 of 215 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2007, 23:52
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: that Lundun
Teams: Liverpool, Spartak
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Alright, I agree completely about our suspect defense, no denying that. Yes they're horrid in the air, but Israel's not England. I've said this many times before, I put Sytchev ahead of Pavlyuchenko and Kerzh because he compliments our team more. Pavlyuchnko's an excellent finisher but isn't very good technically. Kerzh is in a weird situation in Sevilla and hasn't been doing anything over there since the new coach came in. Sytchev while a questionable finisher is very skillful and links up well with our midfield.
Against Englan with Sychev and Kerzhakov on the pitch we just didn't look like scoring. Yes, there was nice build-up play but when it came to delivering the ball into the area, there didn't seem to be any presence there. Only in the second half in Moscow did Arshavin start opening them up and it did not seem to me that it was through anything Kerzhakov did, whereas Pavlyuchenko was dragging defenders with him all over the place and had presence whereas the faster/lightweight strikers simply didn't. Israel would probably park the bus in the penalty area and we'd need some astute play from the forwards to find openings. I just fear with Sychev, for example, it could be loads of pointless running - I don't think he linked up with that midfield all that well at Wembley in front of goal and when he left those central areas there was really no one to come in and fill that gap. I'd say try two strikers with Arshavin behind, even.
Pata is offline  
post #7 of 215 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2007, 23:56 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata
Against Englan with Sychev and Kerzhakov on the pitch we just didn't look like scoring. Yes, there was nice build-up play but when it came to delivering the ball into the area, there didn't seem to be any presence there. Only in the second half in Moscow did Arshavin start opening them up and it did not seem to me that it was through anything Kerzhakov did, whereas Pavlyuchenko was dragging defenders with him all over the place and had presence whereas the faster/lightweight strikers simply didn't. Israel would probably park the bus in the penalty area and we'd need some astute play from the forwards to find openings. I just fear with Sychev, for example, it could be loads of pointless running - I don't think he linked up with that midfield all that well at Wembley in front of goal and when he left those central areas there was really no one to come in and fill that gap. I'd say try two strikers with Arshavin behind, even.

Two strikers? Hmm, maybe a 4-3-1-2?

---Igor--
Anyukov-Brat-Igna-Brat
Zyrianov-Bilya-Zhirkov
---------AA--------
Pavlyuchenko----Sytchev/Kerzh

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #8 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 00:06
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: that Lundun
Teams: Liverpool, Spartak
Posts: 327
Maybe, something like that. Apparently they've been working on two formations in training this week, so perhaps they're toying with the idea of 2 forwards.
Pata is offline  
post #9 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 00:15 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata
Maybe, something like that. Apparently they've been working on two formations in training this week, so perhaps they're toying with the idea of 2 forwards.
Actually this 3-4-1-2 looks pretty good.

---Igor---
Brat---Igna--Brat
Anyukov---Zyrianov---Bilya---Zhirkov
------------------AA----------------
----Pavlyuchenko------Kerzh/Sytchev

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #10 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 01:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Actually this 3-4-1-2 looks pretty good.

---Igor---
Brat---Igna--Brat
Anyukov---Zyrianov---Bilya---Zhirkov
------------------AA----------------
----Pavlyuchenko------Kerzh/Sytchev
Suicidal line up especialy away from home........Not even with 80 per cent of ball possesion russia will win the game,in counter attacks Israel will kill igna and his brothers....in fact any amateur team will do it.p.....

You need class defenders to play like that,and i realy mean class not trash like brat brothers.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #11 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 02:26 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Suicidal line up especialy away from home........Not even with 80 per cent of ball possesion russia will win the game,in counter attacks Israel will kill igna and his brothers....in fact any amateur team will do it.p.....

You need class defenders to play like that,and i realy mean class not trash like brat brothers.
You're forgetting that we NEED to score, a 0-0 won't help us. Israel is a very defensive team and are misisng their best player, that line-up is fine imo.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #12 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 02:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
You're forgetting that we NEED to score, a 0-0 won't help us. Israel is a very defensive team and are misisng their best player, that line-up is fine imo.
Hiddink should only go for that tactic if the score is 0-0 with 30 min to go.

Still don't understand why Titov is not in the squad,bilyaletdinov was crap against aberdeen.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #13 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 02:45 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Hiddink should only go for that tactic if the score is 0-0 with 30 min to go.

Still don't understand why Titov is not in the squad,bilyaletdinov was crap against aberdeen.
What's wth your hate for Bilya? He's a great talent, great technique, great shot, great pass. Stop hating on him.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #14 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 02:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
What's wth your hate for Bilya? He's a great talent, great technique, great shot, great pass. Stop hating on him.
I don't hate him.:rollani: ,he is just overated.....only plays well in loko stadium.....away is poor.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #15 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 05:00
Star Player
 
Marko3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Posts: 4,811
Good luck in the game. You obviously have the quality to get the 3 points but it won't be easy away in Israel. They'll be trying their hardest to spoil things for you.

If England has a chance with the last game, the will bribe Croatia and find a way to get that game. There is no excuse for you guys now. You have to win this game and put it away. Don't leave your fate to other teams like we have.

Last edited by Marko3; November 15th, 2007 at 05:05.
Marko3 is offline  
post #16 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 10:00
Forum Manager
International
 
Senior Tigr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Teams: CSKA Moscow
Posts: 5,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Hiddink should only go for that tactic if the score is 0-0 with 30 min to go.

Still don't understand why Titov is not in the squad,bilyaletdinov was crap against aberdeen.
Kleber, you've asked about it last month and I've answered that Titov have been retired from the international football.
Senior Tigr is offline  
post #17 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 11:28
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: that Lundun
Teams: Liverpool, Spartak
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Suicidal line up especialy away from home........Not even with 80 per cent of ball possesion russia will win the game,in counter attacks Israel will kill igna and his brothers....in fact any amateur team will do it.p.....

You need class defenders to play like that,and i realy mean class not trash like brat brothers.
Eh, I think with those three at the back, we have a disaster waiting to happen anyway - counter-attacks or not. They probably could do with a 4-man midfield in front them, rather than an extra defender alongside them.
Pata is offline  
post #18 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 11:33
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: that Lundun
Teams: Liverpool, Spartak
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
What's wth your hate for Bilya? He's a great talent, great technique, great shot, great pass. Stop hating on him.
Bilya is a bit twee, in my opinion. I think one of the limitations of the current side is that they just don't have that brain in midfield. It's a shame that it was made clear that, say, Titov was not part of Hiddink's plans as despite his age and injuries I think he's still able to raise his game for the big 'uns. His game at Celtic Park, for example, was a truly heroic (and ultimately tragic - with that missed penalty, which he should've never taken - performance) performance and he seemed to be the fittest man on the pitch midway through extra time. He could never be a long-term prospect for Russia but IMHO it would've helped to have someone like him in the squad.
Pata is offline  
post #19 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 14:00 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 62,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata
Bilya is a bit twee, in my opinion. I think one of the limitations of the current side is that they just don't have that brain in midfield. It's a shame that it was made clear that, say, Titov was not part of Hiddink's plans as despite his age and injuries I think he's still able to raise his game for the big 'uns. His game at Celtic Park, for example, was a truly heroic (and ultimately tragic - with that missed penalty, which he should've never taken - performance) performance and he seemed to be the fittest man on the pitch midway through extra time. He could never be a long-term prospect for Russia but IMHO it would've helped to have someone like him in the squad.
There's no lack of creativity in our midfield as far as I'm concerned, we have one of the best ball possession teams in Europe. If anything our finishing is suspect. Titov's aging now and Hiddink did the right thing by injecting youth into our squad. If I'm not mistaken our oldest player is Zyrianov at 29.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #20 of 215 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2007, 22:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
There's no lack of creativity in our midfield as far as I'm concerned, we have one of the best ball possession teams in Europe. If anything our finishing is suspect. Titov's aging now and Hiddink did the right thing by injecting youth into our squad. If I'm not mistaken our oldest player is Zyrianov at 29.
Mistake again.:rollani: ,Zyryanov is 30.Titov 31.

Senior i don't think Titov retired from international football.

Hiddink use this line up in the training today

Gabulov
Igna and his brothers
Torbinsky(Anyukov)
Semshov
zyryanov
bilyaletdinov
Zhirkov
Arshavin
Pavluchenko

Looks like Anyukov have a injurie problem,i don't see torbinsky defending at all if he starts.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome