10/17/07 Luzhniki....Russia vs. England - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 217 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 22:55 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
10/17/07 Luzhniki....Russia vs. England

Three points or nothing here. If we win we control our own destiny considering our game in hand. The English press is having a hard on over the artificial pitch. Stupid imo as England don't play a technical game to begin with.

England:

Strengths- With Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney England has one of the most dynamic strikers pool in Europe. Owen's a clinical finisher and Rooney is one of the best all around forwards in football. With no Akinfeev these two deadly finishers will give us problems. Owen had two goals in Wembley with clinical finishes. When it comes to defending England is world class, John Terry ( if he's fit Wednsday ) and Rio Ferdinand are two of the best CB's in the world. However this can be a weakness for England, I'll explain later. Last but not least the staple of English football is the aerial game. No one does it better than England and the current Russian NT is notoriously poor in the air.

Weaknesses- Creativity, England has midfielders with wicked shots but no vision. Frank Lampard will play in Moscow, the man can score in bunches...for Chelsea. Frank's not been playing at a world class level for England and he's not exactly known for his play making abilities. Steven Gerrard, as highly rated as he is was invisible for England against us in Wembley. Like Lampard he can score but not create. In the 3-0 win over Russia England looked most dangerous through Sean Wright Phillips, far from a world class winger, but provides flare and speed.

Russia:

Strengths- Quickness and skill. Russia lost 3-0 in Wembley but the score was not a fair representation of the match. The Russians were far better technically than England and the speed of our midfield and attack gave England problems. Russia was let down by its defense, apart from that the composure and ball movement was there, and if not for a wrongfully disallowed goal the game would have looked much different. Up to the disallowed goal England were being pushed back and all the momentum was in Russia's favor.

Weaknesses- The once supposedly strong defense cracked in Wembley. Poor marking and poor passes, especially from the Berezutskiy brothers is a big concern for Russia, and it showed in London. Besides that Russia is missing arguably the best young GK in the world in Igor Akinfeev. Malafeev is very average ( see Ferdinand's goal ), and the rest of our keepers are very young, can they handle the pressure of such a high profile match with 75,000 screaming fans? Big...BIG....concern for Russia.

Key players missing:

England- Ashley Cole and Michael Carrick.

Russia- Vladimir Bystrov.

Keys to the match:

England- If Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney are on top of their game, Russia's in big trouble. However England goes where there midfield takes them. Can that English midfield create chances? Or will they resort to the long ball game? I'm going with the latter.

Russia- If Russia's defense have a solid game then Russia can surely win this, this will be the key to Russia's success. Russia's midfield is fast and skilled, England defense is strong and slow. If Russia's offense can break that English defense with speed, Paul Robinson will have a long day.

Prediction- I expect Russia to attack, attack, attack. They're motivated from the inflated 3-0 loss and the key is to control midfield. Bystrov is out which means England can breathe easier on the right flank. England was dominant in the air at Wembley so expect them to fire in cross after cross to Owen and Rooney. This will be the true test for Russia's defense. I see Russia feeding off the crowd and scoring early, with England tying it up threw a set piece or a long ball that causes a scramble in the box. It'll end 1-1 in Moscow, and Russia's Euro 2008 hopes will take another blow.

R.I.P Ari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 217 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 23:28
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Match of the century?

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 217 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 23:30 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Yea

R.I.P Ari

post #4 of 217 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 23:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
So Titov and Izmailov are not in the team.....well done Mr Hiddink.:rollani:

Send the basket and hockey players and Yartsev to take charge of the team.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #5 of 217 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 23:52
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Yea
Then let's hope Russia wins this one.

Sir kleber, leaving Izmailov out is OK I think. Titov on the other hand, is another story. But maybe Hiddink thinks he could somehow ruin the atmosphere in the team or something...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #6 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 00:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
Then let's hope Russia wins this one.

Sir kleber, leaving Izmailov out is OK I think. Titov on the other hand, is another story. But maybe Hiddink thinks he could somehow ruin the atmosphere in the team or something...
Izmailov is better then bilyaletdinov or zhirkov in fact.....russia midfield should be smertin,titov,bystrov,izmailov and even retired alenichev with one month training had place in the team......now the people who lead the russian football destroy all this....charging players,disqualified,doping them....russia had a good midfield some years ago,now just nothing with the defense being a completely mess.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #7 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:08 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Izmailov is better than Zhirkov? says who? Where has Marat been the last three years? At best Izmailov's on our bench, he should play only if Bystrov is injured.

In terms of our midfield Izmailov is behind the likes of Zirkov, Bystrov, Titov, Bilya, and Smertin. I think 90% of the people who follow Russian football would agree with me.

R.I.P Ari
post #8 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Izmailov is better than Zhirkov? says who? Where has Marat been the last three years? At best Izmailov's on our bench, he should play only if Bystrov is injured.

In terms of our midfield Izmailov is behind the likes of Zirkov, Bystrov, Titov, Bilya, and Smertin. I think 90% of the people who follow Russian football would agree with me.
My point is wth on earth wasn't titov,izmailov or smertin called?shirokov,semshov,kolodin!?i can only laugh realy.

Gabulov
Anyukov
Ignashevich
v.berezutsky
a.berezutsky
Smertine
izmailov
titov
zhirkov
arshavin
sychev

kerzhakov and pavluchenko coming in the second half....noe shirokov?!give me a break.......

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #9 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:29 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

I agree that Semshov has no place in the team. He sucks balls for the NT.
btw That is actually a very good line-up, I'd take away Izmailov for Bilya though.

--------Smertin--------
----Bilya-Titov-Zhirkov----
----Arshavin----
--------------Sytchev

Not sure how well Bilya would do as a LM but whatever. If Izmailov stays consistent with Sporting Hiddink should consider him. But no way is Marat in the starting 11 if the entire midfield is healthy.

R.I.P Ari
post #10 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I agree that Semshov has no place in the team. He sucks balls for the NT.
btw That is actually a very good line-up, I'd take away Izmailov for Bilya though.

--------Smertin--------
----Bilya-Titov-Zhirkov----
----Arshavin----
--------------Sytchev

Not sure how well Bilya would do as a LM but whatever. If Izmailov stays consistent with Sporting Hiddink should consider him. But no way is Marat in the starting 11 if the entire midfield is healthy.
So why isn't smertin and especialy Titov at least in the squad?anyone understand this,the guy plays 20-25 games per year on luzhniki and is not called up?Hiddink excuse?we are building a team for the future!right......you russians as your press are giving too much ass licking to hiddink..he is one of the best coaches world but he is being clueless in the russian team,period.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #11 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:41 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
So why isn't smertin and especialy Titov at least in the squad?anyone understand this,the guy plays 20-25 games per year on luzhniki and is not called up?Hiddink excuse?we are building a team for the future!right......you russians as your press are giving too much ass licking to hiddink..he is one of the best coaches world but he is being clueless in the russian team,period.

Hiddink said something along the lines of " The older players don't seem to be as excited to play as the younger ones."

R.I.P Ari
post #12 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Hiddink said something along the lines of " The older players don't seem to be as excited to play as the younger ones."
You like also of hiddink,i see ok.......

There is a rule,plays in the national team as in the club who is better whatever he is 20 or 40 years......this is no friendly game,this is the euro final for russia and he calls shirokov?...btw,what about evseev,loskov,karyaka who is doing well in saturn?......

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #13 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:47 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Evseev plays in the 1st division....so no way. I think Hiddink is looking for fast skillfull players who can play the one touch passing game.

Titov's skilled...but slow. Same with Loskov. I honestly have no idea who the fvck Shirokov is

Smertin should be in the first 11 100% though.

R.I.P Ari
post #14 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Evseev plays in the 1st division....so no way. I think Hiddink is looking for fast skillfull players who can play the one touch passing game.

Titov's skilled...but slow. Same with Loskov. I honestly have no idea who the fvck Shirokov is

Smertin should be in the first 11 100% though.
Well Dmitry looks like you are a little outdated about russian football......Evseev is now on saturn and is a starter as Loskov and karyaka,you know Saturn have the best run in the league,fighting for a uefa cup place now,but i am sure Mr.Hiddink doesn't know that.:rollani:

Shirokov plays for khimki.

Titov as loskov are slow but have the pass ability and the first one playing in luzhniki could be very useful for Sychev and kerzhakov or arshavin.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #15 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 01:57 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Well Dmitry looks like you are a little outdated about russian football......Evseev is now on saturn and is a starter as Loskov and karyaka,you know Saturn have the best run in the league,fighting for a uefa cup place now,but i am sure Mr.Hiddink doesn't know that.:rollani:

Shirokov plays for khimki.

Titov as loskov are slow but have the pass ability and the first one playing in luzhniki could be very useful for Sychev and kerzhakov or arshavin.

Arhsavin is a very good passer. He's not a pure play maker but his through balls are clinical. I'm worried about Sytchev. He compliments our midfield well as he is more faster and more skilled than Kerzhakov or Pavlyuchenko. But Kerzh and Pavlyuchenko are the better finishers. What do u think?

R.I.P Ari
post #16 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 02:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Arhsavin is a very good passer. He's not a pure play maker but his through balls are clinical. I'm worried about Sytchev. He compliments our midfield well as he is more faster and more skilled than Kerzhakov or Pavlyuchenko. But Kerzh and Pavlyuchenko are the better finishers. What do u think?
It depends,will Hiddink take the risk to play with arshavin,sychev,kerzhakov from the beginning?or will he play with arshavin ans sychev putting crap semshov in the mid and wait for the last 30 min to put kerzhakov or pavluchenko in the field...big question realy?

If i was to decide i would put arshavin,sychev and pavluchenko from the begining,is do or die for russia realy.

And overall Pavluchenko knows everything about Luzhniki,he must start.also he is not a bad header unlike kerzhakov or sychev.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #17 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 02:08 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Kerzhakov and Sytchev are too similar. If we play with two strikers then Pavlyuchenko has to be in the line-up because like you said he is much better in air than Sytch or Kerzh.

R.I.P Ari
post #18 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 02:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Kerzhakov and Sytchev are too similar. If we play with two strikers then Pavlyuchenko has to be in the line-up because like you said he is much better in air than Sytch or Kerzh.
I have my doubts Hiddink will play with arshavin/Sychev....he will only take the risk in the last 30 min,maybe too late.

But Owen/Rooney will be a nightmare for berezutsky brothers.:rollani: ,that is the problem

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #19 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 02:17 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
I have my doubts Hiddink will play with arshavin/Sychev....he will only take the risk in the last 30 min,maybe too late.

But Owen/Rooney will be a nightmare for berezutsky brothers.:rollani: ,that is the problem

I know, tell me about it. Fortunatley Rooney isn't that great for England.

R.I.P Ari
post #20 of 217 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 02:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I know, tell me about it. Fortunatley Rooney isn't that great for England.
Hiddink will play with four in the back 100 per cent sure.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in