Cl,Spartak-Celtic - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Cl,Spartak-Celtic

So it is Celtic for the Cl qualifying,not bad looking at the possible opponents.

First leg in moscow.

Big tie indeed,always nice to play against Celtic with their amazing fans supporting.

We have two new supporters now,Angle and Julia!

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:50
Rookie

Teams: West Ham, CSKA, Dempo
Indeed Kleber tough tie but i cant see CELTIC beating Spartak I also think Welliton will impress for Spartak in the champions league.
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianHammer
Indeed Kleber tough tie but i cant see CELTIC beating Spartak I also think Welliton will impress for Spartak in the champions league.
Well will wellinton have time to be into the team system in two weeks?

Spartak will live a hell in the second leg,60.000 spec!

Also jiranek is out injuried big lose indeed,realy big..looking at spartak defense.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:12
Premier Player

Teams: Celtic
It could be a high-scoring couple of legs then because the Celtic defence isn't too strong at the moment either.

The key Celtic players, assuming we don't sign anyone else before the signing deadline, will be central midfielder Massimo Donati who we recently bought from AC Milan for £3million, his midfield partner Scott Brown who is one of the top young players in British football just now, signed for £4.4million, Japanese playmaker Shunsuke Nakamura, one of the best free-kick takers in world football and Dutch international striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

We realise that Spartak Moscow have a very talented side though and that it's going to be a tough fixture for us.

Regards, and Hail Hail.

The Celtic Football Club - 1888
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulrebel83
It could be a high-scoring couple of legs then because the Celtic defence isn't too strong at the moment either.

The key Celtic players, assuming we don't sign anyone else before the signing deadline, will be central midfielder Massimo Donati who we recently bought from AC Milan for £3million, his midfield partner Scott Brown who is one of the top young players in British football just now, signed for £4.4million, Japanese playmaker Shunsuke Nakamura, one of the best free-kick takers in world football and Dutch international striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

We realise that Spartak Moscow have a very talented side though and that it's going to be a tough fixture for us.

Regards, and Hail Hail.

Tk for the info.

Btw do you have any artificial training grounds?

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:44
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Tk for the info.

Btw do you have any artificial training grounds?
Yeah, we have a newly-built training complex with an indoor artificial pitch. I've heard about Spartak's surface, is it a quality type of pitch or more akin to plastic?

post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:47
World Class Player

Teams: Glasgow Rangers, Scotland, Lokomotiv Moscow
Quote:
Can't speak for Julia, but you're damn right about me kleber

Delighted with that draw. I'd rate your chances as 50/50 though. Celtic are no mugs. But the fact that you lot are well into your season will hopefully be an advantage. Wish I could be in Moscow to see it.

It's better to be lucky than good.
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 13:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Yeah, we have a newly-built training complex with an indoor artificial pitch. I've heard about Spartak's surface, is it a quality type of pitch or more akin to plastic?
Oh,good for you guys then,i guess you will be training a lot there n next weeks....as far from what i know from Spartak surface it is a very high quality,the best in europe.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 13:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle_eyes
Can't speak for Julia, but you're damn right about me kleber

Delighted with that draw. I'd rate your chances as 50/50 though. Celtic are no mugs. But the fact that you lot are well into your season will hopefully be an advantage. Wish I could be in Moscow to see it.
Julia must be realy divided.p ..but she will go to celtic i suppose.:rollani: p

When does the scottish league starts?...do you saw Celtic so far in some friendly,how is Hesselink doing?......and do you think Spartak can handle the pressure of 60.000 spec!?

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 13:38
Premier Player

Quote:

When does the scottish league starts?...do you saw Celtic so far in some friendly,how is Hesselink doing?......and do you think Spartak can handle the pressure of 60.000 spec!?
We've been "rotten" (to use a well-known Glasgow phrase) in our pre-season friendlies this summer, but that's nothing new as we seem to be poor in these type of games every year now but have gone on to win 5 of the last 7 SPL titles and qualified for the CL final 16 last season, so i don't know if you can take any confidence from that or not.

The SPL begins on Sunday for Celtic, we face Kilmarnock at home. Hesselink's pre-season form has been indifferent but in competitive matches he has a very good goalscoring record and we've only lost 1 home game in European football in the past 6 years (almost 30 matches), against FC Barcelona, so hopefully Spartak will succumb to the same fate as the rest of our opponents have in that time!

What's the atmosphere likely to be like in Spartak's stadium, can we expect anything like the "hell" you describe at Celtic Park when we travel?

post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 13:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
We've been "rotten" (to use a well-known Glasgow phrase) in our pre-season friendlies this summer, but that's nothing new as we seem to be poor in these type of games every year now but have gone on to win 5 of the last 7 SPL titles and qualified for the CL final 16 last season, so i don't know if you can take any confidence from that or not.

The SPL begins on Sunday for Celtic, we face Kilmarnock at home. Hesselink's pre-season form has been indifferent but in competitive matches he has a very good goalscoring record and we've only lost 1 home game in European football in the past 6 years (almost 30 matches), against FC Barcelona, so hopefully Spartak will succumb to the same fate as the rest of our opponents have in that time!

What's the atmosphere likely to be like in Spartak's stadium, can we expect anything like the "hell" you describe at Celtic Park when we travel?

Luzhniki holds 82.000 seats....i think 30.000-40.000 spec will appear in the stadium....last year Inter game had 45.000 but is far away from late 90's numbers when real madrid and arsenal played there,it was packed.

Spartak has struggle between 2001-2004 at domestic and international stage so the fans forgot about the team,10 in the league,9th place and so on..the team recovery in the last two year though.

Usualy home domestic games have 15.000 spec.p ,and it is the highest in moscow clubs,people in moscow don't care too much about the domestic league apart from the derby games between cska,loko,spartak and dynamo.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 14:09
World Class Player

Quote:

I saw them play Newcastle last week and they lost 4-1, so I picked the right match to watch Hesselink has been indifferent. Celtic have got about 7 or 8 forwards and he thinks he's the main man and should be playing 90 mins every game, so he's been noticeably unhappy when that hasn't been the case.

IMO Scott Brown could cause you most problems. He'll be very direct and run at your defence. Very aggressive player too.

Whether you'll cope with the atmosphere at Celtic Park depends on what scoreline you take there. If Celtic get a draw in Russia then I think you're in deep sh!t.

post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 14:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I saw them play Newcastle last week and they lost 4-1, so I picked the right match to watch Hesselink has been indifferent. Celtic have got about 7 or 8 forwards and he thinks he's the main man and should be playing 90 mins every game, so he's been noticeably unhappy when that hasn't been the case.

IMO Scott Brown could cause you most problems. He'll be very direct and run at your defence. Very aggressive player too.

Whether you'll cope with the atmosphere at Celtic Park depends on what scoreline you take there. If Celtic get a draw in Russia then I think you're in deep sh!t.
0-0 is not a bad score line in my opinion.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 14:16
World Class Player

It's not bad, but it's not great. I think most Celtic fans would bite your hand off for that score. You've got to remember the record they have at home. They've beaten better teams than Spartak (no disrespect) at Celtic Park. And if the 2nd leg starts at 0-0 in the tie then it'll just get their crowd wound up even more. You should be looking for 2-0 in Moscow.

post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 14:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
It's not bad, but it's not great. I think most Celtic fans would bite your hand off for that score. You've got to remember the record they have at home. They've beaten better teams than Spartak (no disrespect) at Celtic Park. And if the 2nd leg starts at 0-0 in the tie then it'll just get their crowd wound up even more. You should be looking for 2-0 in Moscow.
Well Celtic is what you can call a 8-80 away-home team,almost looks like they are not the same team.

If they play the same way they did against Benfica and especialy man unt and milan last year at home,well then Spartak will need realy a 2-0 in moscow..but this are the beginning of the season,will they be already on top form,i doubt....

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 14:54
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
So it is Celtic for the Cl qualifying,not bad looking at the possible opponents.

First leg in moscow.

Big tie indeed,always nice to play against Celtic with their amazing fans supporting.
Well, that's a big chance for us, I hope we can win this one and get where we belong - to the CL.

Quote:

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 15:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Levski Sofia would had been better.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 16:11
Premier Player

Probable Celtic team for the Spartak games, dependant on fitness of course. Gordon Strachan played a 4-4-1-1 system in all of our European away games last season so will most likely go for that option again in Moscow, which would mean the following ;

-------------------- Boruc ---------------------

- Wilson ---- Kennedy ---- McManus ---- Naylor -

---- Brown ---- Donati ---- Sno ---- Jarosik -----

------------------- Nakamura -------------------

-------------- Vennegoor of Hesselink -----------

At home he likes to play the more attacking 4-4-2 system with two playmakers on either wing. The left-footed Nakamura on the right, and the two-footed McGeady on the left, where they're given the freedom to cut inside the pitch which then gives our full-back on either side of the park the license to overlap and support, it's a main weapon in Celtic's attacking system and one to look out for in the games.

-------------------- Boruc ---------------------

- Wilson ---- Kennedy ---- McManus ---- Naylor -

--------------- Donati ---- Brown ---------------

------- Nakamura ----------------- McGeady ----

------ Vennegoor of Hesselink -- Zurawski --------

post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 18:26
Third Place Winner February Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: Lokomotiv Moscow, Glasgow Rangers
Quote:

lol I have mixed feelings to be honest . I don't care who'll win or lose. If it was possible, I'd prefer a scenario where the winner... gets disqualified for anything (fans behaviour or something ) and is kicked out of ChL

Dreams, dreams

But if I try to think rationally, then I'm for Spartak. If they win, we'll at least get some points for NT, won't we?

Your ad could be here
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2007, 19:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
lol I have mixed feelings to be honest . I don't care who'll win or lose. If it was possible, I'd prefer a scenario where the winner... gets disqualified for anything (fans behaviour or something ) and is kicked out of ChL

Dreams, dreams

But if I try to think rationally, then I'm for Spartak. If they win, we'll at least get some points for NT, won't we?
Even better,it is points for lokomotiv coefficient!p

Didn't know you dislike so much Celtic though!? ,you realy turn yourself in a great Rangers fan!

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in