Spartak-Celta in UEFA CUP - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2006, 12:41 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Arenas Club de Getxo, Spartak, Russia & USSR footb
Spartak-Celta in UEFA CUP

Not bad, but... in the next round we would play with the winner of Werder Bremen-Ajax

Tamas will play against his former team.

Sergei Shavlo has sunrised when he have knew the result of the draw.

The first match in Luzhniki and the second match in Vigo, and maybe I could go there.:rollani:

COME ON SPARTAK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2006, 13:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pavlyuchenko
Not bad, but... in the next round we would play with the winner of Werder Bremen-Ajax

Sergei Shavlo has sunrised when he have knew the result of the draw.

The first match in Luzhniki and the second match in Vigo, and maybe I could go there.:rollani:
Pavlyuchenko you know well both teams what can you tell us,what are Spartak chances,50-50!?

Wow,i hope Ajax eliminate W.Bremen. ,anyway spartak should think in Celta first.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2006, 14:06
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Tough draw I think, it's difficult to play against Spanish teams these days...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2006, 14:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
Tough draw I think, it's difficult to play against Spanish teams these days...
Well maybe Spartak should play in other stadium that not the luzhniki,it should be funny to watch in 16 feb!

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2006, 15:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pavlyuchenko

Well, officially it´s still his team.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2006, 17:11 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Arenas Club de Getxo, Spartak, Russia & USSR footb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Pavlyuchenko you know well both teams what can you tell us,what are Spartak chances,50-50!?

Wow,i hope Ajax eliminate W.Bremen. ,anyway spartak should think in Celta first.
Well. Celta has many good players. The best in my opinion is Pinto, the keeper, he's an excellent keeper. Good south american players in defense and midfield as Lequi, Pablo Garcia or Gustavo Lopez. One of the best spanish midfielders in my opinion, Oubiña, and good strikers as Baiano or Canobbio and the tallented striker Nené.

Celta in this momment isn't in his best momment, I think this team will be in the half of the table, not more and not less. They haven't enough team to fight for european competitions places.

I think in normal conditions Spartak is better than Celta, but you have to remember that Spartak in February will be in his preseason, not in his best conditions.

For this reason I think it is in this momment a 50-50 elminatory, and if Spartak arrive to 15 february in good conditions of form and, as I wish and expect they will reforce with contrasted players, the eliminatory for me will be 70-30 to spartak.

Kleber, you are at 3 hours of travel to Vigo. I am at 7-8 hours of travel and is probably me to go there, come you my friend. Is a good plan to see good football to know a virtual friend and to know Spartak supporters.

COME ON SPARTAK
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2006, 22:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Celta is a very technical side with so many South-American players. They are a team that attack and let the rival to attack too.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 13:12
Star Player

Teams: CSKA Moscow, AC Milan and Russia NT
good luck to spartak. Hope you win! and we will see you in the final! ^^

CSKA
Chamions League CHAMPIONS 2008
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 16:29
Rising Star

Teams: cska moskva & russia
Quote:
FC Spartak Moskva will brave the snow and freezing temperatures to welcome RC Celta de Vigo tonight unlike their city rivals PFC CSKA Moskva.

Turf heated
While CSKA headed to southern Russia for their own Round of 32 home fixture against Maccabi Haifa last night, which finished in a goalless draw, Spartak will stay in the sub-zero Luzhniki Stadium for their bow in this season's UEFA Cup knockout rounds. While the artifical turf has been specially heated since January to avoid the threat of postponement, Spartak have also taken action to avoid a repeat of last autumn's near-calamity.

Traffic trouble

En route to a major UEFA Champions League home match against Italian giants FC Internazionale Milano, Spartak found themselves stranded in one of the Russian capital's infamous traffic jams. With the clock ticking towards kick-off, the quick-thinking squad had to use the subway to get to the match. Taking no chances of a repeat, Spartak travelled to the stadium this morning to spend the day there in readiness for the night's work.

'Tough game'

Celta may be 18th in the 20-team Spanish table but Spartak's preparation underlines the seriousness with which they view their visitors. "I can see just one real weakness in Celta which is their poor mental condition," said Spartak coach Vladimir Fedotov. "They are without a win in eleven matches in the league, but the UEFA Cup is a completely different tournament and they could turn out to be a different team. I am expecting a tough game."

Injury concerns

To further complicate matters for tonight and next Thursday's return, Fedotov lost winger Quincy Owusu-Abeye and versatile midfielder Serghei Covalciuc to injury this week, although Martin Jiránek (Czech Republic) and Martin Stranzl (Austria), along with Russian duo Yegor Titov and Roman Shishkin are all fit again after returning from international duty last week with minor knocks.

Goalkeeping quandry

After speculation about big-money signings saw only full-back Renat Sabitov arrive from FC Saturn Moskovskaya Oblast, Spartak appear to be light in attack. Things are not straightforward in goal too with Aleksei Zuev injured and there had been talk of an established No1 coming in to apply pressure to Wojciech Kowalewski and Dmitri Khomich. For now neither has been frozen out, and whoever gets the nod in snowy Moscow will have to be firm against the Celta charge.
part of me wants spartak out but another part wants them to progress. they were in a tough group in the cl and barring a few costly mistakes they may even had qualified but they are a good side and play quality football. it will also be good for russian football if 2 of the top teams can go far in europe.

spartak should not worry too much about werder, werder bremen can sometimes play great football but sometimes can collapse i.e. 4-1 loss against stuttgart. spartak should simply focus on not making any mistakes and not too chase the game too quickly. play like cska, slow tempo in the beginning and slowly get into the game rather than gung ho immediately and then concede a goal.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

1-1,final score.....kalinichenko scored Spartak goal.

Geder,Khomich should be playing in a third division club not in uefa cup.

If Quincy doesn't recover for the second leg i don't see Spartak going trough.....70-30 to Celta now.

And overseer,that phrase,Spartak should not worry too much with Werder Bremen,is that a joke or what?,and AAB in the final of what?russian supercup i believe no?

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:15
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
We're out...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:18
Star Player

in the final of next years champions league kleber ^^^

1-1, better than 0-1

They still have good chances of going through

CSKA
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAB fan
in the final of next years champions league kleber ^^^

1-1, better than 0-1

They still have good chances of going through
Sure,anything can happen in football,good chances,no!,very few in fact.

AAB,you should check Spartak-Sheriff Tiraspol game second leg in moscow,second half,then you will stop overating Spartak as all the russian clubs....1-1 in moldova,0-0 in moscow...and i saw the second leg.

How many poor performances had the russian clubs have in last years,i remember a dozen of them,how many good apart from cska lucky win in uefa cup,very few...and better not to talk about the Nt.

I agree with you Oanimal....

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:32
Star Player

maybe im overrating at times...but Spartak is still the favourit to go through, doesnt matter that they have to win in celta.

Spartak needs an attacker and a GK...the board is idiotic not signing anyone with the money availible...also Fedotov needs to go.

the big difference in spartak and cska is that the team spirit is not existing while in cska it is superb.

And kleber you cant just point out a match or two where spartak suxx and tell me that that is the way spartak always plays...

CSKA

Last edited by AAB fan; February 15th, 2007 at 18:38.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
maybe im overrating at times...but Spartak is still the favourit to go through, doesnt matter that they have to win in celta.

Spartak needs an attacker and a GK...the board is idiotic not signing anyone with the money availible...also Fedotov needs to go.
As cska board needs to sign players,the same with loko and zenit.

Maybe there is money but who wants to come,10 millions for a keeper,no way Spartak can pay that,yeah defenders are needed but who will come in this moment?millions need to be spend but a new stadium is been building and realy Lukoil in the end doesn't want to spend too much money in Spartak.

Celta in the spannish league doesn't win since December.:rollani,and do i need to remind Maccbi Haifa last results in the israel league.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:53
Star Player

kleber im not trying to overrate our teams. Im just positive. Believe me I also can be negative. Maybe to you it seems like im overrating. On the other hand it looks like you are trying to make our teams look like they are crap when its obvious that you know it is not like that.

Just look at Spartak-Sporting and Sporting-Spartak matches...I think that is the real level of Spartak. Also they did pretty well with INter and Bayern, just the bad defence let them down.

And do I have to remind you that our teams havnt had any official matches in three matches while Celta and Haifa are in their top form?

Im going offline for now. Going to the fitnesscenter. seeyou later.

CSKA
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:54
Rising Star

kleber, what i meant was spartak should not fear werder, because i knew when some people saw the draw, some people immediately gave spartak or any other team that faced werder no chance at all whereas, for me, that is not the case. werder are beatable and spartak have the squad capable of doing that.

on the celta match, 1-1 seems to favour teh spanish team considering the freezing weather in moscow and the fact that they got an away goal but spartak should not worry, they simply need to score first in a vigo and the away goal is chalked off. celta will certainly them open up much more. i always have reservations over geder and gk situation needs to be solved soon as spartak cannot afford many mistakes but spartak always seem they are going to get at least 1 goal, it's whether they can keep a clean sheet or not which is the problem.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
As cska board needs to sign players,the same with loko and zenit.

Maybe there is money but who wants to come,10 millions for a keeper,no way Spartak can pay that,yeah defenders are needed but who will come in this moment?millions need to be spend but a new stadium is been building and realy Lukoil in the end doesn't want to spend too much money in Spartak.

Celta in the spannish league doesn't win since December.:rollani,and do i need to remind Maccbi Haifa last results in the israel league.
i just don't thing being negative will help situations, i mean the uefa cup has just resumed and some people are syaing spartak are out, 1-1 is made to sound like it was 3-0 to celta. like AAB said, celta and haifa are match sharp and even uif they have not had the best reulsts they will want to turn that around and prove how good they are therefore spartak will always be second to the ball and not as sharp, we will see the best of spartak and cska in the next round (if they qualify).
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
kleber im not trying to overrate our teams. Im just positive. Believe me I also can be negative. Maybe to you it seems like im overrating. On the other hand it looks like you are trying to make our teams look like they are crap when its obvious that you know it is not like that.

Just look at Spartak-Sporting and Sporting-Spartak matches...I think that is the real level of Spartak. Also they did pretty well with INter and Bayern, just the bad defence let them down.

And do I have to remind you that our teams havnt had any official matches in three matches while Celta and Haifa are in their top form?

Im going offline for now. Going to the fitnesscenter. seeyou later.
The defense is the key factor for any club......and the russian clubs know that,the lack of games in february is a problem but doesn't explain everything.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 19:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by overseer
i just don't thing being negative will help situations, i mean the uefa cup has just resumed and some people are syaing spartak are out, 1-1 is made to sound like it was 3-0 to celta. like AAB said, celta and haifa are match sharp and even uif they have not had the best reulsts they will want to turn that around and prove how good they are therefore spartak will always be second to the ball and not as sharp, we will see the best of spartak and cska in the next round (if they qualify).

Spartak doesn't have any,i repeat any lb in the team,wth is this?Cb's like geder,who is shishkin replacemet,where is a reliable gk,where is a number ten apart from titov,where is Pavluchenko replacement....and so on,and so on.

Well i am off also,see you later.

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in