Fetisov suggests a pause in national championships - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 16:50 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Fetisov suggests a pause in national championships

According to the head of Goskomsport, regular national championships in football, ice hockey, basketball and volleyball are in deep crisis and the best thing that can be done about it is to stop them for some time. For a year, that is.

Fetisov said we have had no international success in the named sports recently (which is a lie), and young sportsmen don't play because of the vast amount of foreigners in Russian teams.

http://echo.msk.ru/news/319526.html
http://sport.rbc.ru/scandal/index.sh...1314_bod.shtml

Is he out of his mind or what? First of all, no international success, huh? So CSKA didn't won the UEFA Cup, basketball Armeitsy have won nothing either, let alone U17 NT. Secondly, I don't see how closing the championships can help the foreigners situation and stop money flowing out of the country. It can only do harm. Besides, being the head of Goskomsport, Fetisov ought to know that there are foreigner limits in most of the leagues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 17:04
Star Player

Хорошая трава у Фетисова. Или у журналистов.

Don't worry, it's all bullshit.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 17:09 Thread Starter
World Class Player

I'm not worried, I'm amused.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 17:22
True-Kozak

Well, it could be true. I mean Russia has almost 150 million people - But your Hockey, like your Basketball team, has done nothing over the past bit of years, your football team has done nothing (is winning a U17 tournament even a success Only like 1 player from there will end up on the senior Russian NT anyway), so it's right. If CSKA (who is a club) winning the UEFA Cup is good enough for a country of almost 150 Million people, then you don't have high expectations at all. If I was Russian I would want and expect Russian NT's to be among the best in every sport, especially Football...

Plus - IMO it would be much more beneficial in the long run for the Oilgarchs in Russia to stop bringing in foreigners but invest in young Russian players, build youth academies (or better ones) etc...
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 19:56 Thread Starter
World Class Player

There ARE youth academies. Hence the success of U17 NT.

Yeah, it's all right what you say (except the UEFA Cup, winning which is good for any country regardless its size), and this matter has been discussed for years. The thing I want to point out is that only an utter moron could suggest such a way to improve the current situation, and the fact this moron is the Russian sports' man in the government is somewhat disturbing.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 21:01
Legend

Sorry, this sounds too Russian for me. In order to cure a broken leg, cut it off....
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 21:08 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Exactly. In Russian variant of the saying we cut off a head btw
So he'd better cut off his own head
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 22:18
True-Kozak

I dont see why you think it's so wrong. I would of said something similar if I had his job...You do have problems in those sports, because you haven't had success in them. You have 145 million people and are the biggest country in the world. To put it into simple terms - Russia should be expected to have success in those sports, IMO..
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 22:29 Thread Starter
World Class Player

The method, baby, the method is wrong.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 22:40
Legend

It's an old question: does size matter?

Russia has what many countries desire: money rolling into football. It's a question of structure. Ukraine obviously has the better system when it comes to developing players. So what can Russia learn from its brothers?

post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 22:47 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Yep, structure. But Fetisov can't be arsed thinking about it. No, pardon. He does think, but his ideas are just as clever as Tvaltvadze match commetaries. Do you remember what Fetisov said about our ice hockey earlier this year: we have to ruin it first. Next will be football and basketball, as it seems.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 22:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Fetissov should be fired not tomorow but today! ,what a moron isnt he is....

He doesnt even know that the Ice Hockey men team was fourth in olympics,Volley-third in the olympics,second in the world,Handball-third in the olympics.

The only sports when Russian men Nt are weak are Football and Basket altough this is a different case,and Cska is the euro basket champion and won the Uefa cup in football!

The man lost his mind!

In Basket Russia will come strong next years,and remember Hiddink in the football....

Fetissov should remember that Russia finnish third in the last summer olympics(first in europe) and fourth in the winter games!
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 23:05 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Come on, how can such a wise man be fired. Кто ж его посадит, он же памятник (с) Read any of his interviews, it is really something. A true legend. In his own mind.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 23:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
I dont see why you think it's so wrong. I would of said something similar if I had his job...You do have problems in those sports, because you haven't had success in them. You have 145 million people and are the biggest country in the world. To put it into simple terms - Russia should be expected to have success in those sports, IMO..
Kozak Russia have sucess in basket,volley,handball and Ice Hockey,you don't find any country in europe with such good results in all this sports combined!

He should be worried with the football national team....how can that moron talk about stop the Volley or Basket leagues when Russia have one of the best three leagues in europe on both this sports.....

So Kozak your post don't make any sense,you should stick what you know,the reality of Russian football.

Last edited by kleber; June 27th, 2006 at 23:13.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 23:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger_ale
Come on, how can such a wise man be fired. Кто ж его посадит, он же памятник (с) Read any of his interviews, it is really something. A true legend. In his own mind.
Like i said in my response to Kozak,he should look to Russian Nt and Russian clubs results in Basket,Volley,Ice Hockey or even Handball before talking....

Does he remind what Belgorod,Cska Moscow,Chekhovskie,Dynamo Moscow,Avangard Omsk,Dynamo St.Petersburg,Dynamo Moscow won in last years!:rollani:

And i don't even gone mention the women sport,because i would have not space!p
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 23:39
True-Kozak

What have they won in hockey recently Nothing, if 4th place is "Success" for Russia then their standards have definetely dropped. And clubs are different, WAY different, you shouldnt even include them in the arguement. With money even a 3rd division Moldovan side can become European champions..
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 23:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
What have they won in hockey recently Nothing, if 4th place is "Success" for Russia then their standards have definetely dropped. And clubs are different, WAY different, you shouldnt even include them in the arguement. With money even a 3rd division Moldovan side can become European champions..
Wrong,you have a limit with the foreigners in clubs in europe whatever it is volley,handball,basket or Ice Hockey so that moldovan team will not do shit in any of this sports!

And the moron Fetissov was talking about stop the basket,volley or hockey leagues who are all "only" in the best three leagues now in europe! ,it is so pathetic that the only thing that keeps Fetissov in the job for now is that he was one of the best ice hockey players in russia history.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 23:51
True-Kozak

Ok. Who else does Russia have to compete with for those leagues? Look at size, look at $ invested = Russia should be better. No ifs and or buts. And with foreigner limits, maybe not Moldova, but pretty much any country in Europe could have a team or many teams capable of winning CL and/or UC if they had the $, so the club thing means nothing.

A country Russia's size should be winning. Not getting 4th, or 3rd. No. Winning...But as you know Im biased p, so of course - These 3rd, 4th, 5th and lower are perfectly fine for me . Please Fetisov, don't change anything, I beg you .
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2006, 23:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Finaly my last statement on this should close this thread!

To fetissov:

Cska moscow euroleague basket current champion,four foreigners in the team.Dynamo moscow uleb champions,four foreigners in the team! :rollani:
L.Belgorod,volley european champion 03 and 04,two foreigners in the team,i repeat two foreigners in the team! :rollani:
In 2005 they finnish in third,this year,2006 they finnish third ahead of Dynamo moscow,how many foreigners both had?two!

Ice Hockey,Avangard Omsk-european champion 2004,how many foreigners?,three! ,last year 2005,Dynamo Moscow,how many foreigners,four!

So stop the hockey,volley and Basket leagues Mr. Fetissov!
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2006, 00:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Ok. Who else does Russia have to compete with for those leagues? Look at size, look at $ invested = Russia should be better. No ifs and or buts. And with foreigner limits, maybe not Moldova, but pretty much any country in Europe could have a team or many teams capable of winning CL and/or UC if they had the $, so the club thing means nothing.

A country Russia's size should be winning. Not getting 4th, or 3rd. No. Winning...But as you know Im biased p, so of course - These 3rd, 4th, 5th and lower are perfectly fine for me . Please Fetisov, don't change anything, I beg you .
Russia clubs have sucess in european competitions and in all these sports they have a foreigner limit on their league,so what is the problem?,you have in maximum three,four foreigners by team.

And Basket spannish league,greek and italian are very good as the italian volley league,all them compete with Russian clubs,and many of this clubs sometimes have more budget than the russian ones and play with more foreigners because of the european union stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in