Terek Grozny - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2004, 21:53 Thread Starter
Legend
 
Poland-Cement's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Bielsko-Biała, Poland
Teams: Cementarnica 55 Skopje
Posts: 14,901
Terek Grozny

They playd in UEFA Cup with Polish Lech Poznan (I'm from Poland).
Poland-Cement is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2004, 22:05
unnamed1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
is terek a russian team??? where do terek play?? i doubt that terek play in Grozny, the town are ****t up and totaly destroyd and can not have a stadium...
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2004, 22:35
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 63,440
it's a Chchen team, but most of the players are Russian. they're playing their league games in Pyetigorsk this year not Grozny. although they're planning to biuld 25,000 seater in Grozny.

i give them a 50/50 chance to stay up.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
 
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2004, 08:17
World Class Player
 
MacoBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Teams: Inter Milan, Macedonia NT
Posts: 8,892
Yeah i watched them play before they were alrite...
MacoBoy is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2004, 11:19
World Class Player
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Posts: 7,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUM MAKEDONSKI
the town are ****t up and totaly destroyd and can not have a stadium...
the town is ****ed up and destroyed and will be destroyed cos all those money that could be spent on reconstructing it and building new houses etc, for recovering normal non-war life go on "football". Life wont get better just because there will be a team from Grozny (with few Chechens in it), and which will won etc etc. It can make some people from government and, of course some usual people too, happy and satisfied, but that's all that they can do apart from wasting money instead of really helping people.
ginger_ale is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2004, 16:54
Rookie
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Posts: 62
Terek?..hm, don't know much about that team, but know that they are from Groznyj and their matches in Uefa Cup
I've seen a little their matches against Lech and Basel..) good team, I think)).. and wouldn't be losted at the next year in premier-league
Dimetrio is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2004, 17:24
Star Player
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUM MAKEDONSKI
the town are ****t up and totaly destroyd and can not have a stadium...
Sounds just like my town
Attila_the_Nun is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2004, 17:27
Xtratime Legend
 
Arianna's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2003
Location: Switzerland
Teams: Udinese,Lokomotiv Moscow,Russia NT
Posts: 23,142
Andrei Fedkov

Arianna is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2004, 08:52
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Posts: 161
I saw this team in Tomsk in last year. And i can say that it's "Grozniy" rival for all teams in PL.
master is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2004, 09:19
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger_ale
the town is ****ed up and destroyed and will be destroyed cos all those money that could be spent on reconstructing it and building new houses etc, for recovering normal non-war life go on "football". Life wont get better just because there will be a team from Grozny (with few Chechens in it), and which will won etc etc. It can make some people from government and, of course some usual people too, happy and satisfied, but that's all that they can do apart from wasting money instead of really helping people.
ginger,
IMO your point is absolutely wong.
For many ORDINARY chechen people, football is the only joyful thing, no matter how many chechen people play in the club. People, who saw for many years only tears, sorrow, dead of their relatives and children, only are beginning to come back to normal life. Football is a part of this normal life.You say that this money should be given to restoring houses, shops and etc.
But you don't know that lots of Grozniy inhabitants are ready to live in these miserable shelters just to see something that makes them happy and proud for their nation and city. THIS IS A REAL HELPING PEOPLE. And not that there will be a few more shops and etc. "Terek" for many of them is a fresh air, a window to a calm and normal life.
Terek went to PL, it means that the club will have a B team. It means that the club will be happy to bring many young chechen boys to the football section to entertain them somehow. Mothers of this boys will know that the son is not somewhere wandering, but self affirmates himself WITH A BALL IN A FOOT, NOT IN A GUN WITH AN ARM.

As for building new stadium, it is too early IMO, but it shows that the people don't afraid of terrorists and will come on living a normal life.
Otto is offline  
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2004, 10:51
Star Player
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Posts: 3,268
Blog Entries: 1
Otto,
I agree with every word of your post.

Dmitriy, it's not right to call Terek "Chechen team" when one asks "Is it a Russian team?" 'Cause if "Russian" means the "team from Russia" then Terek is certainly a Russian team. Or is Rubin not a Russian team but Tartarian? And why no one is interested in how many Tartarians are there in Rubin? But everybody has a big interest in counting Chechens in Terek... :irritate:
Infinity is offline  
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2004, 10:30
World Class Player
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Posts: 7,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto
ginger,
IMO your point is absolutely wong.
For many ORDINARY chechen people, football is the only joyful thing, no matter how many chechen people play in the club. People, who saw for many years only tears, sorrow, dead of their relatives and children, only are beginning to come back to normal life. Football is a part of this normal life.You say that this money should be given to restoring houses, shops and etc.
But you don't know that lots of Grozniy inhabitants are ready to live in these miserable shelters just to see something that makes them happy and proud for their nation and city. THIS IS A REAL HELPING PEOPLE. And not that there will be a few more shops and etc. "Terek" for many of them is a fresh air, a window to a calm and normal life.
I sometimes think u still believe in fairy tales. If Terek has played in Europe, that they’ve been promoted to PL, then every Chechen is living with only thought about how great it is?
Maybe that’s just my materialistic point of view, but if I was an ordinary Chechen woman with a child, Id first thought how to make him live in a good house, how to keep him not hungry, how to make him a well-educated citizen. And if the government of Chechnya can't let me have a normal house to live in because they don’t build houses – they build stadium, if there are no schools and no shops (your idea; if u want shops, let it be shops) to simply buy food because they don’t care - they just want to show how calm and peaceful life is in Groznyy – football can wait then. I hope one day they’ll stop being as hypocritical as they are now and will really DO something.

Quote:
Terek went to PL, it means that the club will have a B team. It means that the club will be happy to bring many young chechen boys to the football section to entertain them somehow. Mothers of this boys will know that the son is not somewhere wandering, but self affirmates himself WITH A BALL IN A FOOT, NOT IN A GUN WITH AN ARM.
That is good, I can't disagree. But still, imo football is not a thing which was to start with.

Btw, does anybody know why in Chechnya it is considered that girls, women have nothing to do with football? I remember when they’ve played away with Lech and there was organized a trip for supporters but the only girl among them was that Aset Vatsueva from NTV’s “Strana i Mir” :rollani:
ginger_ale is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2004, 11:20
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger_ale
I sometimes think u still believe in fairy tales. If Terek has played in Europe, that they’ve been promoted to PL, then every Chechen is living with only thought about how great it is?
Maybe that’s just my materialistic point of view, but if I was an ordinary Chechen woman with a child, Id first thought how to make him live in a good house, how to keep him not hungry, how to make him a well-educated citizen. And if the government of Chechnya can't let me have a normal house to live in because they don’t build houses – they build stadium, if there are no schools and no shops (your idea; if u want shops, let it be shops) to simply buy food because they don’t care - they just want to show how calm and peaceful life is in Groznyy – football can wait then. I hope one day they’ll stop being as hypocritical as they are now and will really DO something.



That is good, I can't disagree. But still, imo football is not a thing which was to start with.

Btw, does anybody know why in Chechnya it is considered that girls, women have nothing to do with football? I remember when they’ve played away with Lech and there was organized a trip for supporters but the only girl among them was that Aset Vatsueva from NTV’s “Strana i Mir” :rollani:
ginger, you don't know the life in Grozny.
The main thing is to show to people that life is returning. This as you say "to show how calm and peaceful life is in Groznyy" is extremely important for inhabitants.
The process of building btw the buildings are going on even in a half-destroyed city, and began some years ago, now people need another evidence that all comes to its past.
Both Erzu and Terek were symbols of Chechnya, football for them is not only a part of social life. To show you parallels - chechen government begins to cover and sponsor (only partly now) radio stations. Even Sport TV began show its channel there. You with your "materialistic point of view" can say: "What the hell...give money to mothers...fathers...build etc." but ask any citizen in Chechnya and they will answer "we need music, weneed sport". The same they say about football. And even the football IS THE THING TO START WITH.
As for women in Chechnya - they were supporting their team, but they have plenty of business to do, and I am sure that the overwhelming count of boys and girls at that moment were sitting in front of tv, trying to catch any sign of normal life.
Otto is offline  
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2004, 11:41
World Class Player
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Posts: 7,508
Okay. Im not gonna make a discussion of it. Your knowledge about life in Groznyy is just outstanding :thmbup:
ginger_ale is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 07:42
Rookie
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Posts: 64
Otto ,
next obvious question - do YOU know the life in Grozniy???
What makes you be so self-assured as to speak on behalf of all Chechen kids and parents? Maybe you have a webcam installed on a lamppost in the city.

But anyway, your next point is very precise - The main thing is to show people It's a show, an attempt to create appearance that everything goes on very well.
Terek promotion has been politically supported and provided, noone doubts it. I won't say a word against their team, very experienced players, good ball control and all, but thinking of the reason for this team to spring up and come into existence - and this reason is a pointing finger from the Kremlin - I can't really give them open-hearted attitude.
By the way, ginger_ale, are you not-so-welcome towards Terek also because Krylia were told to lose to Terek in RPL Cup, so that Terek had chance to play in UEFA Cup?

And why not call Terek a Chechen team since they are perceived by all Russia exactly as a team from Chechnya, who will undoubtedly receive support from Chechen diaspora in Moscow and so on? It's just the thing our government wanted to have - a competitive team which people from Chechnya would call their own.
Maybe it's not so bad in the end, anyway each and every piece of reconstruction finance have been stolen so far and used for buying arms for bandits, so better pay them to Russian players. ))))))))))))
And yes, Rubin is a tatarian team for the same reason. Take their coach Kurban Berdyiev - counting the beads during the match to show he's a true muslim.
MadUKV is offline  
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 09:39
World Class Player
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Posts: 7,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadUKV
By the way, ginger_ale, are you not-so-welcome towards Terek also because Krylia were told to lose to Terek in RPL Cup, so that Terek had chance to play in UEFA Cup?
I have no sympaties towards Terek for many reasons. Some are personal (as for Bulatov, Fed'kov), some are not... Of course, I cant forget Cup Final but still prefer to believe we have lost fair.
ginger_ale is offline  
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 12:50
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadUKV
Otto ,
next obvious question - do YOU know the life in Grozniy???
What makes you be so self-assured as to speak on behalf of all Chechen kids and parents? Maybe you have a webcam installed on a lamppost in the city.

But anyway, your next point is very precise - The main thing is to show people It's a show, an attempt to create appearance that everything goes on very well.
MadUKV,
I don't feel like telling you now all what I know, and why I am so assured of what I say. Just I know. Accept or not, it's up to you.

As for attempt, if you have nothing in your life- even attempt to create (semantically very positive word, btw) apperance is good, no matter when it will work. The main thing is just to begin.
Otto is offline  
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 14:03
Star Player
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Posts: 3,268
Blog Entries: 1
ginger_ale, what d'u have agains Bulatov and Fed'kov?
And, bytheway, if you don't believe that your team has sold that Cup Final then what's wrong with your attitude towards Terek? Just because of your loss in that match?

Shit... uzhe gotova uvorachivat'sya ot gnilyh ovoschej i ssanyh tryapok, but I think that jealousy is the main reason of people's negative attitude to Terek. And I'm sure that if it was KS or CSKA or Lokomotiv who was payed so much attention to, no supporters of those teams had smth against it.
It's only my point. Nothing personal. Everything IMHO.
Infinity is offline  
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 14:20
World Class Player
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Posts: 7,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
ginger_ale, what d'u have agains Bulatov and Fed'kov?
Bulatov was our main star in late 90s, before he's moved to Moscow. After he was kicked off Spartak we've welcomed him here, kept for 2 years hoping that he'll show good play soon. He didnt manage to, but only asked for more and more money. For what, I wonder? So as he's moved to Terek, za dlinnym rublem, kak govoritsya, poshel, he's got no my respect. If he doesnt want to work, then playing for pensioners' team is perfect for him.

Fed'kov. How can I love him if he always scores against us in important moments? As he did playing for Sokol in 2001, ****ing scored after a foul on our keeper Sasha Lavrentsov, as he did in Cup.

Quote:
And, bytheway, if you don't believe that your team has sold that Cup Final then what's wrong with your attitude towards Terek? Just because of your loss in that match?
Yes. Cant I? For me was enough to see my team just lying on the field after final whistle, shocked, unable to realise the whole ****ing thing; it was enough to see thousands of people from Samara simply crying. I wont ever have any sympaties for Terek. Never.

Quote:
Shit... uzhe gotova uvorachivat'sya ot gnilyh ovoschej i ssanyh tryapok, but I think that jealousy is the main reason of people's negative attitude to Terek. And I'm sure that if it was KS or CSKA or Lokomotiv who was payed so much attention to, no supporters of those teams had smth against it.
It's only my point. Nothing personal. Everything IMHO.
Jealosy for what? For Putin's support? roflmao better to be as poor and powerless as Rotor than to have such "supporter"
ginger_ale is offline  
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 14:32
Star Player
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Posts: 3,268
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger_ale
Fed'kov. How can I love him if he always scores against us in important moments? As he did playing for Sokol in 2001, ****ing scored after a foul on our keeper Sasha Lavrentsov, as he did in Cup.
That is really the reason.
Tell me, pls, and if tomorrow Bulatov and Fed'kov come to Loko ( i hope they won't but just try to imagine ) will you hate our team too?
Quote:
Yes. Cant I?
Hey, c'mon, sure you can. Only three days past since The Constitution Day and you've already forgotten your rights?
Quote:
For me was enough to see my team just lying on the field after final whistle, shocked, unable to realise the whole ****ing thing; it was enough to see thousands of people from Samara simply crying. I wont ever have any sympaties for Terek. Never.
Vydyhaj, bobyor. It was just a question - nothing more.
Quote:
Jealosy for what? For Putin's support? roflmao
:dielaugh: Was it me who said a single word about Putin? Attention (very much of it) was what I talked about.
Quote:
better to be as poor and powerless as Rotor than to have such "supporter" :yuck
Hm... Here i let myself disagree with you. If i had to choose the destiny for my team i'd choose the Terek's one, not Rotor's. It's for sure.
Infinity is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome