The best concert you've ever been to... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 12:55 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Udinese,Lokomotiv Moscow,Russia NT
The best concert you've ever been to...

...Since Julia has been to the Rasmus concert and i want to know all about it here one thread for talking about the best concert we have been to

So people, don't be shy, and let us know all about

...you can write also about the worst concert btw:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 12:56
Legend

Well, here’s my report about that fantastic Rasmus concert I was lucky to get to last night

I came there about 2 hours before the concert b/c the allocation on the dance floor (??) doesn’t depend on the ticket and is only based upon the principle “who’s up first, gets the slippers” (how I hate it!) Btw, I saw a couple of Rasmus fans even in metro (3 girls all in black and with really scary make-up and with a Finnish flag :dielaugh: ). Well, almost all girls there were like that so I felt rather stupid with my blond hair and blue eyes… and red shirt… well, at least I was easy to notice in the black mass :dielaugh:
When I came to the entrance there were some groups of fans there already so I wasn’t the first one, and not even one of the first. Still, after we stood there for about an hour (I thought I’d get deaf, they screamed and sang really loud and right near me plus being as lucky as I am I got into the same crowd with the wildest fans ) I managed to enter the hall among the first ones and after leaving my jacket in the cloakroom I ran to the doors of the concert hall (if I may call those quarters this way… :dielaugh: ). There were about 4 doors and nobody knew which ones will be opened for fans… so, me with about 8-10 persons waited near one door while the general mass of people went to another and stood there. So, another 40 minutes of waiting and… they opened all doors! So, here’s when I was lucky most of all while that crowd was fighting to get into their door we entered the hall without any complications… and… our door was right opposite the stage! So, when I saw the stage and that there are not many people at it yet I ran (like everybody else) to the stage (must have been a very funny show :dielaugh:). honestly, I haven’t ever run that quickly! AND yes, I managed that! I was in the first row! And right in the center. :eekani: it was pretty dangerous though, with all fans right behind me trying to get as close to the stage as possible. I survived though and only had to wait for the concert to begin, which took another 30-40 mins b/c the concert started not at 7pm as announced but at 7.30 :rollani:
Well, it all was an introduction so far if I gather my last strength I’ll continue it…
post #3 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 13:21
Legend

So, when I could hardly stand on my feet anymore the concert started And… the pressure on me got even worse anyway, I was too happy to see Lauri right in front of me to pay any attention to this small inconvenience :dielaugh: actually, the stage there is pretty low and the whole hall rather small so the fans were standing right at the stage and the first row was literally lying on it… not a very nice thing I must say
Well, you already know my impression of the whole concert (FANTASTIC!) so I don’t feel like getting into detail about this point I bet you wouldn’t like to read a huge post about how great and super and unbelievable and splendid and best-of-all etc. etc. etc. Rasmus are The only thing I’ll say about them is that they do know their job!
Btw, they sang a couple of songs that I had never heard (yet I considered myself to be a Rasmus fan :embarrass:) but mostly they sang the most popular songs like “In The Shadows”, “First Day Of My Life”, “Guilty”, “Not Like The Other Girls” and almost all other songs from “Dead Letters”. It was funny to try to catch Lauri’s look which was pretty easy for, as I said, he mostly was right in front of me He’s a great performer by the way, it’s such a pleasure to watch the way he moves on the stage but ok, I said I won’t get into it
The only bad thing I can say about the concert is that it was definitely too short! only about an hour and 10 mins!:fero::depress: damn I’d go to their concerts every week if I could and if they ever come to Russia again I’ll be the first to get tickets

Btw, this morning I had to pay for this pleasure… when I woke up I could hardly move and even now my ribs still give me much pain… I can not touch either ribs or stomach without feeling pain. Plus my arms have pretty good looking bruises too That’s what one gets after a crowd of crazy fans presses him/her into the stage for more than an hour :irritate: Naturally, I can hardly speak either so I must present a rather pitiful sight being able neither laugh nor speak :dielaugh:
Anyway, it was all worth it! And I wish I could go to such a concert again (not sooner than my ribs stop hurting though :dielaugh:)

post #4 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 13:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

wow:eekani: you was in the centre of the first row:eekani: ...what a lucky girl you are:eekani:
Hve u been there alone or with friends btw? From what u write it seems u were alone

Quote:
saw a couple of Rasmus fans even in metro (3 girls all in black and with really scary make-up and with a Finnish flag
wow ...i didn't know that Rasmus had fans like that ...here girls who are like the girls you saw are fans of death metal music:eekani:

So they played songs not only from the last cd? great
Have they played FFF-FALLING?

post #5 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 13:55
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna
wow:eekani: you was in the centre of the first row:eekani: ...what a lucky girl you are:eekani:
yeah I am shocked myself:eekani:
Quote:
Hve u been there alone or with friends btw? From what u write it seems u were alone
absolutely true it'd take too much time to make any of my friends agree to buy an expensive ticket to a concert of a group they dont really know and after all, i doubt I'd get to the first row if i was with company... we'd been waiting for each other and such...
Quote:

wow ...i didn't know that Rasmus had fans like that ...here girls who are like the girls you saw are fans of death metal music:eekani:
same here actually, but here most girls who like HIM like Rasmus too
so i think it was the same for them
Quote:
So they played songs not only from the last cd? great
Have they played FFF-FALLING?
yeah! it was the first time i heard it and it's a great song!!!
post #6 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 14:12 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracky
absolutely true it'd take too much time to make any of my friends agree to buy an expensive ticket to a concert of a group they dont really know and after all, i doubt I'd get to the first row if i was with company... we'd been waiting for each other and such...
indeed better to go aone or at least in 2...but not more than 2 person because if not it is the end
Quote:
same here actually, but here most girls who like HIM like Rasmus too
so i think it was the same for them
HIM aren't death metal are love metal ... i like them and i like The Rasmus toobtw:eekani:
Quote:
yeah! it was the first time i heard it and it's a great song!!!
yeai want the cd were is that song but i can't find it

post #7 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 14:19
Legend

Quote:
indeed better to go aone or at least in 2...but not more than 2 person because if not it is the end
indeed
Quote:
HIM aren't death metal are love metal ... i like them
well yes, still their fans look scary
Quote:
and i like The Rasmus toobtw:eekani:
i figured that about a year ago...
Quote:
yeai want the cd were is that song but i can't find it
yup:depress: only 2-3 Rasmus cd's available here... i wanna go to Finland!
(btw, Kimi had birthday yesterday and i missed it :depress:)
post #8 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 14:35
Star Player

So, Fracky, my advice about coming to the club much earlier than the concert begins wasn't that stupid?
I congratulate you - the first raw is really cool. :thmbup:
post #9 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 14:38 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracky
well yes, still their fans look scary
well Ville Valo is scary too
Quote:
i figured that about a year ago...

Quote:
yup:depress: only 2-3 Rasmus cd's available here... i wanna go to Finland!
here only the last one
Quote:
(btw, Kimi had birthday yesterday and i missed it :depress:)
are we going off topic?

post #10 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 15:20 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

ok, now i will write something about the 2 best concert i've been (well i've just been to 4 concerts and 2 of them where 2 unknown italian singers..so )

The first concert i've saw was in 1999 in Milan.... I thought it was the best concert ever at that time...but for sure it is not btw
...Boyzone concert...
After 3 years i wanted to see them finally i had the chance...I went there with a friend and her dad ...well i was 16 years and she was 14....rollani::rollani: ...
(poor dad )
The concert started at 9 and we was there at 7,30 ...so we have bought also the official shirt...i still have it btw
After 1 hour they opened the door and all people entered,we got just the 6° row,but was so close to them the same
So before the Boyzone performance there was a 40 minutes of Westlife performance! Yes they opened the Boyzone's concert when they weren't famouse....(their manager was Ronan, Boyzone singer)
They were good...but not to good because they sang on playback,only the main singer(Shane?)sang live...but all the girls were already in love with them:rollani:.
So on their performance me and Silvia( my friend) have "killed" a lot of people and we have reached the 3° row.
Boyzone were so great esp. Ronan...damn what a voice
The place where there was this concert wasn't soo big btw,so they could hear me screaming all the time...at one point i screamed "KEITHHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE THE BESTTTTTTTTTT" ...he saw me and said to Michey(another component of the group) "She's crazy" ...and they laughed at me
It was a great night for me...because boyzone where my favourite boyband when i was teenager
2 hours and almost 40 minutes they sang...so great
When the concert was over were around 11,30 and so i was at home just at 2.00 am...and the day after i went at school...i haven't slept all night because i was so happy and i couldn't believe that one of my dream now was true...so i've sleept during the lessons

If i think now about that night i laugh just all the time...because for sure it can't be the best concert of my life since they were just one boyband and they was able just to write song,to dance and to sing...but they couldn't play any instument:rollani:

ok, tomorrow i'll write about the other concert,maybe it is better

post #11 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 16:24
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
So, Fracky, my advice about coming to the club much earlier than the concert begins wasn't that stupid?
yeah
Quote:
I congratulate you - the first raw is really cool. :thmbup:
exactly:eekani: (although I am like now)
post #12 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 16:26
Legend

Quote:
well Ville Valo is scary too
yup

Quote:

are we going off topic?
it's not about football so we r not
post #13 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 16:30
Legend

Quote:
So before the Boyzone performance there was a 40 minutes of Westlife performance! Yes they opened the Boyzone's concert when they weren't famouse....(their manager was Ronan, Boyzone singer)
Boyzone and Westlife together???? Oh God you r the luckiest girl ever!:eekani:
Quote:
at one point i screamed "KEITHHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE THE BESTTTTTTTTTT" ...he saw me and said to Michey(another component of the group) "She's crazy" ...and they laughed at me
:dielaugh:
the boy didnt even know how right he was :dielaugh:
Quote:
2 hours and almost 40 minutes they sang...so great
damn that is what i call a concert! Rasmus are real slackers after that!
post #14 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 18:09
Legend

Some of you might know that I'm one of those romantics who fall for the Boss - no I'm not Infinity 2, I'm a Bruce Springsteen fanatic. So my best concert was Bruce in Vienna 2003, of course. Uncomparable.
As for concerts on record, I name:

1. Bruce Springsteen, Passaic 1978 (a bootleg)
2. Neil Young, Live Rust
3. Bob Seger, Live Bullet
4. Dire Straits, Alchemy
post #15 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 18:13
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola
Some of you might know that I'm one of those romantics who fall for the Boss - no I'm not Infinity 2, I'm a Bruce Springsteen fanatic. So my best concert was Bruce in Vienna 2003, of course.
any details?
post #16 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 18:35
Legend

A stadium concert, not the best venue and me having a seat instead one of the best places for fanatics was not expecting too much. And I was right, all around me people who had no clue what to expect and who wanted to sit all 3 hours long...
I was extremely eager, went to my place way too early (about 2 hours..) and waited, waited, thought about the set list, waited, got nerved by my neighbours (total: 50000), when suddenly the first E-Street-members climbed the stage, and finally, the man himself. And then - Promised Land, the first song, what a surprise! It was a marvellous concert, just the sound was below expectation, with 3 main guitarists (Bruce, Nils Lofgren and Steven Van Zandt) fighting each other...some people held their ears... But it was an emotional highlight, with so many songs bringing tears to my eyes, some rarities and the first full-band-version of Incident on 57th street in Europe ever.
After the concert I was high.....no, I don't take drugs...I just bought a poster and waited some days, then a friend brought in 3 CDs...Vienna 2003...
post #17 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 18:37
Legend

Just to make it clear, how important it was to me: I own about 130 Springsteen records...
post #18 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 18:43
Legend

Quote:
Just to make it clear, how important it was to me: I own about 130 Springsteen records...
:eekani: wowwwwwwwwww:eekani:
that's a lot :eekani:
post #19 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 18:44
Legend

Quote:
After the concert I was high.....no, I don't take drugs...I just bought a poster and waited some days, then a friend brought in 3 CDs...Vienna 2003...
r u sure you dont take drugs? Springsteen seems to be a drug for you
post #20 of 135 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 18:44
Legend

A funny pic from the concert!
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in