Cavenaghi - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2004, 23:27 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: River Plate
Cavenaghi

Hiya all,

I'm new to xtratime forums so i apologise if this all comes out wonky! :nervous:

I'm a huge fan of Cavenaghi and have followed him since his very first appearance for River Plate, unfortunately since his move to Spartak i've found it really difficult to find information on how he is doing.

So could anybody tell me whats going on with him?

Has he played any games yet, a site i use has it down that he is yet to play, is this because he is injured?

If he has played what do you think of him so far?

Have faith in him, he will become one of the greatest strikers EVER seen in Russia if given time (i hope!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 00:35
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
he played one game and hasn't played in the last two (i think).

R.I.P Ari
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 11:56
Forum Manager
International

Teams: CSKA Moscow
And it is not 'cause of injury. He is not in form, I heard.

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 17:53
Star Player

Teams: CSKA Moscow, AC Milan and Russia NT
Cavenaghi GOGOGOGO!!!

CSKA
Chamions League CHAMPIONS 2008
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 18:03
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Udinese,Lokomotiv Moscow,Russia NT
Cavenaghi.... better when he's on bench

post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 19:27
Xtratime Elite

they're saying he's not ready to player in the Russian League yet...FLOP!

R.I.P Ari
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 19:33
International

Well that's a surprise. With repsect to the Russian league, how the hell can he perform in Argentina but not even get his game in Russia?
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 19:36
Xtratime Elite

Russia is a 360 degree turn from Argentina, no in terms of football, but everything combined.

R.I.P Ari
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 22:00
Forum Manager
International

Teams: CSKA Moscow
As mathematician I must to say that 360 degree turn is the same as 0 degree turn . So it's only 180 degree turn.

PS. As far as I heard, Cavenaghi is not in form. And, my team didn't bought him, but Vagner Love, so I think they was and are right. Vagner scored 5 goals in 7 games, and Cavenaghi is sitting on the bench in Spartak.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 22:47
Xtratime Elite

right on

R.I.P Ari
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2004, 00:08 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: River Plate
Thanks lads/lasses.

I would much appreciate if you could keep me updated with whats he doing or perhaps point me to a site which shows Russian League line ups - I can't find one :-(

For some people it will always take a bit of time to settle him, he was an orphan and River were virtually his family for many years so i could see this happening.

He'll prove to be ten times better than Vagner in the future, its folly to write off a player of his quality after only one game.

Arianna - i see you follow Celta Vigo..any news on Pablo Cavallero?
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2004, 00:26
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Arianna the day you say something at least a bit nice of an argie I throw a party... p , anyway he is not there as a rapist stealing the place of russians, in fact not a single River fan want him to go, you don't have to say anything good but is like everyttime you add something where an argie player is discuss, your post is: ugly, looser, etcc..one time is funny, two also , theree more than ok, but every single time???? what the hell? madam...no hard feelings I just notice that, on the other hand I do not get why Russian teams are so going after foreigners in this last years, if now the clubs have money, just make better the younger divisions, just not let the best players go for money, ...I'm more than sure than more Mostovois will appear, (FENOMENO MOSTOVOI!, I have lots of fun watching the duo with Karpin, I'm fond of those type of players).
ABout Cavenaghi, he will never get in form if he doen't play, he is not a dribbler, a tank, he is just a very smart and classy striker that needs badly games, come on put him because is the only real 9 of Argentina I like...Dimitry this was what I fear once, remember? that even playing he won't caught the attention in for the NT as more promocionated leagues, and now if he doesn't even play...he will be forget..sad if happens..in Argentina you take a nap and there is the new kid stealing your place or some old bastard as Crespo..

"De cada 10 personas que ven televisión...5 son la mitad"
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2004, 02:11
Xtratime Elite

just a note; Russia has many talented youngsters. but u made a good point about Argentinian players.

R.I.P Ari
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2004, 07:15
Xtratime Legend

Fangio...:eekani: i have nothing against player fromArgentina:eekani: ...when i was 12 for example i was in love with Batigol... I like Argentina, and i have some relatives there,so i can't have nothing against Argentina!!!!

Cavenaghi ...i saw him play and was out of form,and Spartak lost the game....because they played like they were in 10. So better he don't play for now!!!! Because Samedov right now is 100% better and he deserve to play every game! This guy is a new star damnit!
Maybe for Cavenaghi is better if he can play for the reserve team until he's not ready!!!!

post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2004, 23:19
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Don't worry Arianna I'm not mad at all, but just remember your Tevez ugly, etc..and I thought what is it with her and argies, and BTW we make profound things to be..HATED all around the world, we deserved it far in many cases...Dimitry I was talking about Russians, cause as Arianna is telling all the time is more thanright that Russian youngsters need more chances now that you can kept them in your league, no the other way around to search the globe for replacementes, this doesn' mean Cave is bad, far from that he is great, but I mean it in general or for instance becasue of Bracamonte, who is prety normal and is taking the place of a Russian kid, anyway I do not get how Braca (very nice dude BTW) is playing and Cave no...football is always a mysterie..

"De cada 10 personas que ven televisión...5 son la mitad"
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2004, 07:07
Xtratime Legend

Fangio and i forgot one thing: how can i hate Argentina if our pride is Nestor Sensini?
And still i love Navas also if he don't play for us amymore,and Pineda ...and Sosa...
i can't hate Argentina!!!!!

post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2004, 22:19
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna
Fangio...:eekani: i have nothing against player fromArgentina:eekani: ...when i was 12 for example i was in love with Batigol... I like Argentina, and i have some relatives there,so i can't have nothing against Argentina!!!!

Cavenaghi ...i saw him play and was out of form,and Spartak lost the game....because they played like they were in 10. So better he don't play for now!!!! Because Samedov right now is 100% better and he deserve to play every game! This guy is a new star damnit!
Maybe for Cavenaghi is better if he can play for the reserve team until he's not ready!!!!

Samedov is 100% better? Dude, what crack pipe are you smokin from? This guy is a new star? Who the hell knows about Samedov? I know I haven't, cause he's probably another scrub Russian player that will only play in the Russian League. Cavenghi is a future Argentine International that has already played in the junior teams. He's a legitimate goal scorer. Get a grip for christ sake's. You seem like another myopic Spartak fan.
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2004, 22:39
Xtratime Elite

chill bro. damn. obviously u haven't heard of Samedov because u probably watch Serie A, La Liga and EPL like 90% of the world, u do kno that Eastern Europeans play football also no?

R.I.P Ari
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2004, 22:59
World Class Player

I remember someone having a go at me when I said Tevez looks a better talent to me and Cavenaghi looks good but Tevez impressed me more.

Apparently Tevez was overrated and Cavenaghi was not , I don't know I haven't watched him in Russia league but who would you say justifies the hype more?

BTW Tevez is no Maradona but I feel he would be more suited to European football than Cavenaghi(both can suceed though), Maybe Tevez is overrated but if he is than Cavenaghi is too.

Last edited by Faisal; September 22nd, 2004 at 18:50.
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2004, 23:02
Xtratime Elite

Cavenaghi isn't even getting into the Spartak first 11 at the moment, that will change IMO, the guys Russia's most expensive ever signing. but IMO he will flop.

R.I.P Ari

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in