To: Dmitriy RE: Osmar Ferreyra - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2004, 00:17 Thread Starter
Rising Star

To: Dmitriy RE: Osmar Ferreyra & Fernando Cavenaghi

I'm a new member on this site and am a huge supporter of River Plate from Argentina. I was curious how 2 of there former players are doing. First, how is Osmar Ferreyra playing in the Russian League for CSKA? Has he adapted well to the game? Have the CSKA fans taken a liking to him? Also what is the status of Fernando Cavenaghi? Has he played any matches for Spartak and what do the supporters think of the signing? I hope he scores many goals for Spartak as he did with River. It was sad to see him go, but being a River fan for so long, you get used to seeing the great ones leave for bigger and better things. Thanks!!

Last edited by ElMuneco; August 8th, 2004 at 00:24. Reason: To add more questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2004, 13:09
Legend

From one River supporter to another: no comment on Ferreyra....

But huge expectations await Cavenaghi. So far it's too early to judge him. I'm also eager to see how Montenegro does at Saturn!
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2004, 17:05
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Unfoortunatley Ferreira ha sbeen looked on as a flop, but i'm not giving up on him. Cavenaghi is looked at as the biggest signing in Russian football history and the expectations are huge like Viola said.

R.I.P Ari

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2004, 19:13 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Why has Ferreyra been labeled a flop? Has he not settled in with the club? That's really too bad that things haven't gone too well for him. He was one of the Argentina's more promising players at the Pre-Olympic qualifying tourney. I also think River sold him too soon. Maybe that's another reason hy he hasn't settled in.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2004, 19:16
Xtratime Elite

Jorge and Gazzaev haven't really given him much playing time in the RPL, mostly in cup matches unfortunatley.

R.I.P Ari
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 11:08
Forum Manager
International

Teams: CSKA Moscow
ElMuneco:
CSKA had last season some problems with left wing. At pre-season, there was bought Yuri Zhirkov from Second Division club Spartak Tambov and Osmar Ferreira. I think that the idea was that Osmar had to play in first team, but: Zhirkov was bought earlier and spend all the pre-season training with the team, and Ferreira joined the team only at last (fourth) camp at Holland. So Zhirkov had been in better form and had the chance and used this chance. He played (and still play) very well.
So Osmar was used sometimes as left wingback, although he has played at this position at national U'21 team, effects in CSKA was not very good. Also Daniel Carvalho was in competition at left wing.
After the change of coach, Ferreira have not been used as wingback and he is the first reserve as left winger, 'cause Carvalho is currently injured. He played a week ago in Russian Cup match, but have not scored having very good opportunity. Maybe it is question of self confidence. But he is young and I think he'll be good player for the team.

About your second question:
Cavenaghi have not been submited to Spartak's official squad list of Russian Premier League and have not played single match. AFAIK, he didn't arrive to Moscow yet (he was in Moscow when he was negotiating his contract, but returned to Argentina and should be in Moscow this week).
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 16:06
Xtratime Elite

lol is Spartak's "super-signing" ever going to play?

R.I.P Ari
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 19:35 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Tigr
ElMuneco:
CSKA had last season some problems with left wing. At pre-season, there was bought Yuri Zhirkov from Second Division club Spartak Tambov and Osmar Ferreira. I think that the idea was that Osmar had to play in first team, but: Zhirkov was bought earlier and spend all the pre-season training with the team, and Ferreira joined the team only at last (fourth) camp at Holland. So Zhirkov had been in better form and had the chance and used this chance. He played (and still play) very well.
So Osmar was used sometimes as left wingback, although he has played at this position at national U'21 team, effects in CSKA was not very good. Also Daniel Carvalho was in competition at left wing.
After the change of coach, Ferreira have not been used as wingback and he is the first reserve as left winger, 'cause Carvalho is currently injured. He played a week ago in Russian Cup match, but have not scored having very good opportunity. Maybe it is question of self confidence. But he is young and I think he'll be good player for the team.

About your second question:
Cavenaghi have not been submited to Spartak's official squad list of Russian Premier League and have not played single match. AFAIK, he didn't arrive to Moscow yet (he was in Moscow when he was negotiating his contract, but returned to Argentina and should be in Moscow this week).

Thanks for the info Senior Tigr. This is the first time I've ever been interested in Russian football. I don't know what club to support now since four of River's former players are on four different clubs in the Russian league. Osmar Ferreyra with CSKA, Cavenaghi with Spartak, and "Rolfi" Montenegro with Saturn, and "Chori" Dominguez with Rubin. Maybe you guys can help me out with my decision. I'm leaning towards Spartak because of Cavenaghi. I have three of his River jersey's hanging in my closet, though they're not signed. He scored some great goals for River, including 2 at the end of the game in the Copa Libertadores Cup against Tolima of Colombia earlier in the year. I hope Scala realizes he has a special player on his club. Canvenaghi is by far one of the best young forwards to put on the shirt for the National team. He hasn't played for the "A" squad yet, but I think Bielsa should give him a chance. Thanks again. I appreciate all the info. I'll be on here alot more to check on my former players. I just went to the sovietsport.ru website, but unfortunately I don't understand Russian.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 19:59
Xtratime Elite

good to know that ur interested in our league. of course u can support any team u want, here's some info.

Most succesfull Russian clubs in the Soviet and Russian era.

1.Spartak
2.Dinamo Moscow
3.CSKA

Most popular clubs.

1.Spartak
2.CSKA
3.Zenit

R.I.P Ari
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 23:01 Thread Starter
Rising Star

CSKA vs Rangers

I will be supporting CSKA tomorrow when they meet in the 3rd round of the Champions League Qualification. I hope Ferreyra gets the opportunity to play. This kid has got great potential. Especially since he's a left-footer. It sucks that he's not getting a lot of playing time. I'd take him back to River in a heartbeat.

Last edited by ElMuneco; August 9th, 2004 at 23:02. Reason: mispelled word
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 08:38
Legend

Well, we still need a Saturn supporter here...
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 08:41
Premier Player

Viola, what about you?
you are caring about Saturn for a long time, you think of this team, maybe that will be you!
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 08:45
Legend

Krylia and Saturn?

Nice idea, I think about it.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 08:50
Premier Player

Ignatiev is making a new team, so in a year-two it can be very good (if he is not fired, as it often happens in Saturn), the finance position of Saturn is strong, fans are not numerous but very devoted, one of the best stadium in Russia.

Viola, for me now and forever you are a Saturn fan!
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 09:01
Legend

More important: The colours are ok.
And their homepage is multilingual.

Well, let's say Saturn are my second club now.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 09:07
Premier Player

i am sure it will bring fresh air into your xtratime life: )
btw, i think that when there are a little more saturn supporters, we can open the thread.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 09:43
Legend

we are crazy enough to open it now, I guess...
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 12:02
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Udinese,Lokomotiv Moscow,Russia NT
Vadim,tell the truth...in reality u like Saturn too...a bit ...p

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 12:05
Legend

i only like Saturn b/c their coach is Ignatjev, thats all
but their hools are enemies of Loko hools...
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 12:17
Legend

OK, I disgust Saturn hools...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in