Russian petrol giant to buy Roma??? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2004, 04:32 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Russian petrol giant to buy Roma???

Russian revolution for Roma? Tuesday 10 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma have dismissed stories suggesting that they have received a bid for the club from a Russian petrol giant.

Reports in Italy suggested that Valery Simenov was ready to make Franco Sensi an offer to buy the side.

Unconfirmed stories in the peninsula on Tuesday said that Nafta Moskva are prepared to pay around £270m for the capital outfit.

The Giallorossi are in a difficult financial situation right now but there may be the possibility of a Chelsea-type take over.

It was alleged that Nafta Moskva have already made contact with the Olimpico outfit to test the water.

Owner Sensi has admitted that he can’t stay in charge of his beloved club forever, given his age, which may have opened the door for a new era.

Speculation suggests that Sensi could net around £65m for the side, with the rest of the money used to clear debts and strengthen the squad.

It’s also been claimed that boss Fabio Capello would be instantly handed close to £40m to spend on the transfer market if the deal goes through.

Roma could certainly use the money right now, especially in trying to keep Emerson at the club for next season.

The Brazilian has yet to agree terms over a new contract and he will be sold in the summer if no extension can be finalised.

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2004, 07:52 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Roma reveal Russian offer Friday 13 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma director of sport Franco Baldini has officially confirmed that a Russian magnate has offered to buy up the club.

揑 was contacted by a Russian group of businessmen, admitted Baldini in a press conference this afternoon.

揑 did not discuss figures with them, but I did pass on the information to those people who deal with this sort of thing.

This is the first official confirmation of a firm bid to buy out President Franco Sensi抯 (pictured) shares in the Capital club.

The Giallorossi have been struggling with financial problems over the last year and Sensi is increasingly eager to sell up as he is in his late seventies.

揟he more people want to buy into Roma the better, insisted Baldini. 揚resident Sensi wants only what is good for the club and that means hard facts rather than idle chatter.

The Russian conglomerate is not the only party interested in this club, as local businessman Giovanni Malag has also confirmed his willingness to make a move.

揑 am ready to save AS Roma, he announced in an interview with 慒inanza & Mercati.

揑 have a group of qualified and committed businessmen ready to take over Sensi抯 shares, but the crucial element here is that the current owner must sort out the debts hanging over the club.

The true financial situation at Roma is open to interpretation, as some newspapers maintain Sensi owes the banks as much as 413m, while Baldini insists the club can hand over balanced books for the UEFA inspection on Feb 28.

channel4

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2004, 23:54
Rising Star

awsome

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:23 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Roma deny Russian revolution Saturday 21 February, 2004

AS Roma have released a statement to deny they are in advanced negotiations to sell up to a Russian company.

¨There has been no official bid to buy this club,〃 read the notice, ¨and all reports suggesting that this has been discussed in recent board meetings are entirely without foundation.〃

The Italian and Russian press has been filled with rumours that oil company Nafta Moskva has been in takeover talks with President Franco Sensi.

There were even suggestions that Chelsea patron Roman Abramovich was behind the move, but kept his name out of the press due to the fact both the Stamford Bridge club and Roma have shares floated on the stock exchange.

Despite this official denial from the Giallorossi, Rome-based newspaper ˉIl Messaggeroˇ insists that a deal could be clinched by the end of next week.

¨We have no comments at this time,〃 Nafta Moskva President Anatoly Kolotilinˇs secretary is quoted as saying, ¨but we will make a statement soon.〃

There is also a takeover bid being lined up by a group of Rome-based businessmen, but so far they have not presented their project to Sensi despite several interviews with the press.

channel4

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2004, 19:13
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Azeri-Turk soccer
As far as I know Nafta-Moskva is co-owned by Azeri Suleyman Kerimov
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old February 29th, 2004, 18:05
Rising Star

also, what msot people don't know is that azerbaijan produces very skillfull footballers, they just need organization.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2004, 05:04 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Roma miss 265M Russian cash
tribalfootball.com - March 1, 2004

A lawyer connected with Moskva Naphta has declared that the deal to buyout AS Roma is off.
Salvatore Trifiro was on Rome radio yesterday revealing that the Russian oil company had been "scared off" by the announcement that a government enquiry would be held into the financial dealings of Italian clubs.

"After heavy talks for the past month, when we have been close to an agreement, comes the investigation into football finances," said Trifiro.

"The Russians, who were prepared to invest over 265 million, have been scared off. They wanted various guarantees and of course I could not deliver them with this enquiry hanging over the game.

"They wanted to enter Italian football to promote their company name, but with so much uncertainty it was never going to work out for them. The cases of Parmalat and Cirio have created an ugly image for Italian football. I haven't spoken personally to (Roma president) Franco Sensi, but I have written a letter to him outlining all the reasons for the Russians' decision."

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2004, 21:45
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Azeri-Turk soccer
Quote:
Originally posted by CSKA Now
also, what msot people don't know is that azerbaijan produces very skillfull footballers, they just need organization.
CSKA Now, thanks for nice words about Azeri players. And you are absolutely right about organization. I hope there will be some changes soon in quality, as some steps are already taken.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2004, 05:10 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

D'Ago handed Pirlo role Thursday 15 April, 2004

Roma boss Fabio Capello may field Gaetano D扐gostino as a deep playmaker this weekend.

The tactician has some major selection problems in midfield and he could use the Under-21 ace in the centre in a similar position to Andrea Pirlo抯 at Milan.

The Giallorossi will be without the suspended Emerson and Olivier Dacourt against Modena. Youngster Daniele De Rossi is also a doubt because of injury.

Capello fielded D扐gostino in the new role during a practice game on Wednesday to see how he would cope.

The former Bari man usually plays in the hole behind two strikers or wide on the left of midfield.

Roma could play with a 4-4-2 at the Stadio Braglia with a midfield consisting of Mancini, Tommasi, D扐gostino and Lima.

Meanwhile, the Italian outfit have rejected claims that Russian petrol company Nafta Moskva have reopened negotiations to buy the club.

channel4

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2004, 22:59
Rising Star

interesting.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2004, 22:27
Premier Player

Quote:
In russian league some years ago played a good one - Nazim Suleymanov, remember? For Zemchuzina from Sochi. He nearly scored 100 goals, but NEARLY and didn't enter top-100.Pity. Coz he had a good dribbling.

And now 1/2 azerbajian Samedov from Spartak (recently 3 goals against Amkar)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2004, 01:35
Rising Star

really?

i didn no samedov was half Azeri, i thoguht he was Tatar or sumthing.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2004, 16:29
Premier Player

Quote:
really?

i didn no samedov was half Azeri, i thoguht he was Tatar or sumthing.
His father is from Azerbajian, mother from Russia. Azeri NT offered him to play, but he prefered Russian young NT and was invited to play in Bulgaria, but wasn't in the starting line-up.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2004, 19:26
Rising Star

y Bulgaria?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2004, 22:58
Premier Player

Quote:
y Bulgaria?
what do you mean?

I meant against Bulgaria
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2004, 23:01
Rising Star

lol ohhh.

my bad, i thought u meant he was offered to play for Bulgaria.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in