LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1821 of 1829 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2005, 09:16
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
showing up drunk? why is that so bad?

I can laugh about this now it's cooled down, but it was looking very serious at one point, the media in England will take any small opportunity to rip a man apart, cuz they are scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1822 of 1829 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2005, 09:23
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

A list of players Derby are rumoured too be interested in

Wayne Thomas ( Stoke, available on a bosman)
Ian Murray (Hibernian)
Derick Riordan (Hibernian)
James Hayter (Bournemouth)

also a defender called Mcnamee, don't knw the first name or what club he's currently with though.

Some decent players there, but Bournemouth want 150 000 for Hayter so can't see us getting him.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; May 27th, 2005 at 09:28.
post #1823 of 1829 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2005, 11:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Riordan is a good player, I'd like Derby to sign him.

post #1824 of 1829 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2005, 22:28
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Riordan is a good player, I'd like Derby to sign him.
Yes, but good players attract a lot of interest...not sure if he's available for free either. But would definately be a good signing, him and Rasiak up front would be good.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #1825 of 1829 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 11:55
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

George Burley has been linked with the vacant Hearts job. Hearts is a Edinburgh team, which is where Burley's family lives I believe, and with recent allegations against him, it's no surprise this has come up...once again hoping it's just a rumour and Burley will be in charge of the Rams next season, losing him would be a massive step back for the club.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #1826 of 1829 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 17:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Marcus Tudgay could be going to Burnley.
post #1827 of 1829 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 17:36
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Marcus Tudgay could be going to Burnley.
Hmmmm, he's a good squad player, and definately adds depth, don't know why we would want too sell him, I wonder how much Burnley would pay for him, any decent offer would be accepted I expect.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #1828 of 1829 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 00:31
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby are scheduled too play Burton Albion in a freindly, at the new Pirelli Stadium on Saturday July 30th.

You know I will be doing everything I can too get a ticket for that one

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #1829 of 1829 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 11:15
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thomas will reject Rams

By Phil Harrison

Derby County look likely to miss out on their first summer transfer target, with defender Wayne Thomas set to sign for Championship rivals Burnley.

Manager George Burley had held talks with the 26-year-old, who is out of contract at Stoke City and available on a Bosman free.

But a number of other clubs, including Ipswich Town, Norwich City and Burnley, were also known to be chasing the defender's signature.

Losing out on landing Thomas, who has made 350 appearances in his career with Stoke and Torquay United, would be regarded as a blow for the Rams but director of football Murdo Mackay said the club would be continuing their quest to bring in new players.

"I was contacted by Wayne Thomas' agent yesterday, who advised me that the player had chosen to move to Burnley," said Mackay.

"We are very disappointed because he's a quality player and would have been a good acquisition for the club.

"This means that we will now turn our sights elsewhere and we will pursue other options."

Reports yesterday stated that Burnley manager Steve Cotterill had flown out to the USA, where Thomas is on holiday, to hold talks with the player with a view to completing a deal.

As Burnley are known to have little, if any, cash to spend on transfer fees, Thomas would suit their requirements.

Thomas also played under Cotterill during the manager's four-month stint as Stoke boss before he left to join Sunderland as Howard Wilkinson's assistant in October 2002.

But Stoke are still keen to keep hold of Thomas, with their director of football, John Rudge, yesterday saying: "He's free to talk to other clubs because he is at the end of his contract but we've also offered him a deal and are still trying to sign him."

Mackay said Derby currently had no intention of signing Ipswich Town midfielder Jim Magilton on a two-year player-coach deal, as had been rumoured over the past few days.

The Tractor Boys playmaker has been offered a one-year deal by manager Joe Royle to stay at Portman Road but is said to be considering his options.

"I'd heard rumours of him being linked with us but there's nothing to suggest that we will be going for him," added Mackay.

"He's certainly a footballer I admire but we haven't spoken to him and he's not on our list."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F**king Burnley, why would anyone want too go there?

There's something wrong with this guy, he's got 3 of the favourites for promotion chasing him, and he's going too g too a club very unlikely too be up there, seems a strange one too me...oh well the search for e new defender goes on then.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in