Official - New manager is Paul Clement - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 135 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 08:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Official - New manager is Paul Clement

Time this saga had it's own thread I think.

It's been gathering pace the last few weeks, and to be honest it's starting to look as if a deal has already been made to take McClaren to Newcastle.

The latest story is linking Gary Rowett as being in line to takeover, so that's 3 managers now in the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 135 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 09:32
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Rowetts a new one, though as an ex player and a popular one at that it's not really a surprise. Did a good job at burton, set the foundations for Hasselbaink to go and get them promoted. Done well and Birmingham who were really poor before he went there.
post #3 of 135 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 12:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

At least with Warburton, Dyche and Rowett being linked there's some interesting choices.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 135 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 17:41
Premier Player

Though he's not gone yet
post #5 of 135 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 20:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

True, but it's starting to look inevitable.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2015, 07:08
Premier Player

Real Madrid coach Paul Clement is the latest name to be linked. Good reputation as a coach, but not managed before I don't think.
post #7 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2015, 15:19 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Usually the names being linked with the derby job when it comes up are depressing. If McClaren does go at least there's some interesting candidates.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2015, 18:15
Premier Player

Wonder if Harry Redknapp will be added to the lost soon, I know your a fan jimbo
post #9 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2015, 18:25
Premier Player

Just read Sunderland are reported to want Paul Clement as well.
post #10 of 135 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2015, 12:11
Premier Player

Transcript from McClarens press conference, all about the Newcastle saga. He says what you expect him to say really, some fans going mad about it, saying he should declare he will never leave derby or something...

STEVE McClaren today labelled the constant speculation linking him with Newcastle United as "disrespectful" to the Premier League club and their manager John Carver.

The Derby County head coach also said it was disrespectful for others to be linked with his job at Derby.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche and Real Madrid's assistant manager, Paul Clement, have been reported as targets should McClaren leave this summer.

McClaren is understood to be one of two people on Newcastle's short list for the head coach role at St James' Park next season, according to reports in the North East.

The other is thought to be Carver.

It has also been reported that Newcastle will reveal at the end of the season who will be in charge next season.

McClaren was quizzed about his future at a pre-match press conference this afternoon.

Here's what he said ...

Q) The Newcastle Chronicle is saying you and John Carver are the two candidates for the Job. Are you a candidate?

A) I haven't got a clue.

Q) Is that you ruling yourself out of the Newcastle job?

A) At the present moment it is disrespectful talking about Newcastle and their situation because they have a manager.

I really can't comment because John Carver is the manager and he is doing a good job.

He is fighting for the job and it would be disrespectful for me to comment 'yes' or 'no' because I don't know until the end of the season and until Newcastle say something, which is what they are saying.

I cannot comment because I have a job to do here. I am contracted here, my total focus is on this job, and that's it.

Q) Has all the speculation been disrespectful to Derby County supporters and the club as well?

A) I think so, but this is newspapers and this is what they do, they speculate.

I think there was no secret that there was an interest in December and January. We talked about that and in the end they didn't have a manager then.

What they did was appoint a manager [John Carver] and that is what they have got, and he is fighting for the job.

While somebody is in a job it is a little bit disrespectful and nothing will be, I suppose, discussed at Newcastle.

I have got a contract here for the next two years after this and I hope to honour that contract.

But it is football, that might change, who knows, but at the present moment I am the Derby County head coach and will remain so until things change.

Q) Is it confusing to see your name so regularly in the papers?

A) That was talked about in December and January.

At the present moment Newcastle doesn't interest me, I am not thinking about that. I am thinking solely of Derby.

Does it affect me? No.

I have had years of this, speculation about this or the other, and it is very flattering but as I said before Newcastle have got a manager.

It is the same with other people talking about this job [at Derby], and this might change and that might change, but it is very disrespectful to do that.

So, let's get on with the job.

My goal is to get in the play offs and do as well as we can.

Q) Is your goal to be at Derby next season?

A) That's why I signed a contract for however long I did. Until that changes either side, I carry on doing the job.

Q) It that you emphatically saying you are not a candidate for the Newcastle job?

A) People make candidates and speculate, even if they are not. I am experienced enough to know that.

I think I have answered the question.

I think the distraction is coming from outside, not internally.

Q) It boils down to a 'yes' or a 'no' for supporters. Yes or no, do you intend to be in charge of Derby County next season?

A) As I said, I am contracted to Derby County for the next two years, so yes.

Q) Do you feel it is disrespectful for people to link Sean Dyce and Paul Clement with your job?

A) We are all in the game, and I think we are all trying to make too much of this.

That's football, I have had it for years, and it will continue for years.

I cannot do anything about it.

All I can do is just carry on.

I cannot comment on it because there is nothing there to comment on.

I have not heard anything.

I think there was interest definitely in the winter, which we talked about.

They didn't have a manager then, they have got a manager now and so it would be disrespectful for me to talk about that.

Q) The papers take an awful bashing at times like this. It always seems to be the papers' fault. If the paper talk is rubbish, if it is wide of the mark and incorrect, then surely you can comment, can't you?

A) I don't know it is wide of the mark or incorrect, only Newcastle know that.

So you should ask Newcastle if it is true that they are interested in Steve McClaren because how can I comment on that if I don't know.
post #11 of 135 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2015, 17:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil View Post
Wonder if Harry Redknapp will be added to the lost soon, I know your a fan jimbo

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 135 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2015, 17:13 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

My thoughts on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil View Post
Transcript from McClarens press conference, all about the Newcastle saga. He says what you expect him to say really, some fans going mad about it, saying he should declare he will never leave derby or something...

STEVE McClaren today labelled the constant speculation linking him with Newcastle United as "disrespectful" to the Premier League club and their manager John Carver.

The Derby County head coach also said it was disrespectful for others to be linked with his job at Derby.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche and Real Madrid's assistant manager, Paul Clement, have been reported as targets should McClaren leave this summer.

McClaren is understood to be one of two people on Newcastle's short list for the head coach role at St James' Park next season, according to reports in the North East.

The other is thought to be Carver.

It has also been reported that Newcastle will reveal at the end of the season who will be in charge next season.

McClaren was quizzed about his future at a pre-match press conference this afternoon.

Here's what he said ...

Q) The Newcastle Chronicle is saying you and John Carver are the two candidates for the Job. Are you a candidate?

A) I haven't got a clue. thatll be a yes then

Q) Is that you ruling yourself out of the Newcastle job?

A) At the present moment it is disrespectful talking about Newcastle and their situation because they have a manager. thatll be a no then

I really can't comment because John Carver is the manager and he is doing a good job.

He is fighting for the job and it would be disrespectful for me to comment 'yes' or 'no' because I don't know until the end of the season and until Newcastle say something, which is what they are saying.

I cannot comment because I have a job to do here. I am contracted here, my total focus is on this job, and that's it.

Q) Has all the speculation been disrespectful to Derby County supporters and the club as well?

A) I think so, but this is newspapers and this is what they do, they speculate.

I think there was no secret that there was an interest in December and January. We talked about that and in the end they didn't have a manager then.so he had talks in December??

What they did was appoint a manager [John Carver] and that is what they have got, and he is fighting for the job.

While somebody is in a job it is a little bit disrespectful and nothing will be, I suppose, discussed at Newcastle.

I have got a contract here for the next two years after this and I hope to honour that contract.

But it is football, that might change, who knows, but at the present moment I am the Derby County head coach and will remain so until things change.

Q) Is it confusing to see your name so regularly in the papers?

A) That was talked about in December and January.

At the present moment Newcastle doesn't interest me, I am not thinking about that. I am thinking solely of Derby.

Does it affect me? No.

I have had years of this, speculation about this or the other, and it is very flattering but as I said before Newcastle have got a manager.

It is the same with other people talking about this job [at Derby], and this might change and that might change, but it is very disrespectful to do that.

So, let's get on with the job.

My goal is to get in the play offs and do as well as we can.

Q) Is your goal to be at Derby next season?

A) That's why I signed a contract for however long I did. Until that changes either side, I carry on doing the job.

Q) It that you emphatically saying you are not a candidate for the Newcastle job?

A) People make candidates and speculate, even if they are not. I am experienced enough to know that.

I think I have answered the question.well...

I think the distraction is coming from outside, not internally.

Q) It boils down to a 'yes' or a 'no' for supporters. Yes or no, do you intend to be in charge of Derby County next season?

A) As I said, I am contracted to Derby County for the next two years, so yes.a going round the houses, yes

Q) Do you feel it is disrespectful for people to link Sean Dyce and Paul Clement with your job?

A) We are all in the game, and I think we are all trying to make too much of this.

That's football, I have had it for years, and it will continue for years.

I cannot do anything about it.

All I can do is just carry on.

I cannot comment on it because there is nothing there to comment on.

I have not heard anything.

I think there was interest definitely in the winter, which we talked about.

They didn't have a manager then, they have got a manager now and so it would be disrespectful for me to talk about that.

Q) The papers take an awful bashing at times like this. It always seems to be the papers' fault. If the paper talk is rubbish, if it is wide of the mark and incorrect, then surely you can comment, can't you?

A) I don't know it is wide of the mark or incorrect, only Newcastle know that.

So you should ask Newcastle if it is true that they are interested in Steve McClaren because how can I comment on that if I don't know.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 135 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2015, 17:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The latest article from the derby telegraph, for people to get their knickers in a twist. What has happened to this paper, all it seems to do is report rumour and speculation at a time we least need the distraction, and do articles about derby having the backing of "famous" fans, and then interviewing the mayor of derby, and some guy of bargain hunt or something, famous my arse. Has Rupert Murdoch taken over the paper?

NEWCASTLE United manager John Carver has revealed he received praise from Derby County head coach Steve McClaren about how he has handled life in the Tyneside hot seat.

Carver said he had a chat with McClaren when the Rams U21s played Newcastle's U21s at Moor Farm on Tuesday, Derby winning 4-0.

There has been speculation linking McClaren with the Newcastle manager's job since Christmas. And last week, McClaren told a Rams fans forum that he had turned Newcastle down in the winter.

But Carver said that wasn't discussed when they met during Tuesday's U21s fixture.

"I had a good chat with Steve McClaren, we had a good talk," Carver is qoted as saying in a BT Sport interview.

"We didn't talk about anything other than my situation and about what my players are doing on the pitch.

"It was all about me and how I had to cope with it, and even he said, 'It's been a difficult thing for you John, I understand that. But you've handled it quite well. You've had to cope with it'."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 135 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2015, 06:10
Premier Player

I read that famous fans article, it was garbage, you'd have though they'd at least have got one of the few famous fans we do have for a quote.
post #15 of 135 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2015, 14:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Can see him going to Newcastle now with Derby out of the playoffs
post #16 of 135 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2015, 15:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm a bit unsure what will happen now, as Newcastle are in real danger of getting relegated after today's result. And McClarens standing as a coach must have taken a hit, with the way we've collapsed. Right now some derby fans aren't worried about whether he goes, they want McClaren sacked.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; May 2nd, 2015 at 16:45.
post #17 of 135 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2015, 15:43
Premier Player

If Newcastle want McLaren, they might might want him in by Monday.
post #18 of 135 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2015, 15:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Will have to watch this space over the next couple of days, if he's going, the sooner the better so we can start the process for his replacement.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 135 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2015, 10:21 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

In today's papers,

The mirror reports McClaren will go to Newcastle in the next 24 hours.

The sun reports McClaren is committed to staying at derby.

:shakepalm:

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 135 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2015, 16:05
Rising Star

The sooner McClaren goes, and we can move on the better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in