Derby under 21's - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 171 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2015, 18:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Played Doncaster today in the development cup, drew 1-1 it's a group thing, and derby have progressed out of the group.

More importantly George Thorne played 86 minutes hopefully he will get some game time in the fan cup on Saturday.

Also Shaun Barker played 45 minutes, what's the chances of him rising like a Phoenix from the flames to save our useless defence?? Watching the highlights of last nights game our defending makes me want to cry, what the [email protected]Łk Buxton was doing for the second goal I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 171 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2015, 06:13
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
What part Thorne plays will be the main point of interest on Saturday, not fussed about the cup, mcclaren should ring the changes.

Good to see barker out on the pitch, honestly thought he may never play again.

Noticed Ivan. Calero and kwame Thomas played for burton and north county the other night, is anyone else out on loan?
post #23 of 171 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2015, 15:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thomas and santos loan at nots county has finished I believe.
Calero and Tom Naylor are at Burton until the end of the season.
COnnor Sammon is at Rotherham.
Mark O 'Brien is at Motherwell until the end of the season.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #24 of 171 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2015, 17:03
Premier Player

Shame injuries stopped o'briena progress, looked a good prospect, and in our weakest position.
post #25 of 171 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2015, 17:58 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

O'briens been really unlucky, after coming back from his heart problem, to then have a couple of bad knee injuries. He's played a few games for Motherwell, have to see what happens at the end of the season with him.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #26 of 171 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2015, 12:10
Premier Player

Best Villa 3-0 last night. Thorne not involved, perhaps pointing to him being in the first team squad tonight.
post #27 of 171 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2015, 15:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

18 year ld Callum Guy has signed a professional contract, after impressing in the u18 and u21 teams.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #28 of 171 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2015, 16:18
Premier Player

Three of Derby County?s on loan players featured at the weekend but endured contrasting fortunes.

Conor Sammon played 45 minutes of he returned to the Rotherham United matchday squad for their 5-0 defeat at Wolves yesterday afternoon.

The forward, who was unable to play against his parent club Derby in the enthralling 3-3 draw between the two Clubs on Tuesday night, came on as a half time substitute when the Millers were 2-0 down at Molineux.

Benik Afobe fired Wolves in front on 21 minutes, before Nouha Dicko doubled their the home side?s lead before the interval.

On came Sammon, but Kenny Jackett?s side cranked up the pressure to add three further goals with Afobe?s second, Rob Edwards and Bakary Sako giving Wolves a comfortable win over Steve Evans? side.

Sammon?s latest appearance was his sixth since he joined Rotherham on loan until the end of the season.

In Sky Bet League 2, both Ivan Calero and Tom Naylor featured as Burton Albion recorded a 3-1 win over Dagenham & Redbridge to move to the summit of the fourth tier.

Calero started and played 65 minutes before being replaced with Abdenasser El Khayati, who went on to get on to the score sheet for Burton.

The Spaniard went off at a time when the scores were at 0-0 before Alex Jukubiak gave Dagenham a shock lead over Burton after 67 minutes.

Adam McGurk levelled matters five minutes later and El Khayati fired Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?s side in front after 75 minutes.

Damien McCrory added a third against his former club and Naylor came on in place of McGurk to see the game out and extend Burton?s unbeaten run to 13 games.

Their latest appearances was Calero?s fourth since joining the Brewers on a one-month loan deal and Naylor?s fifth for Burton, but his 15th of the 2014-15 campaign after he played 10 games for Cambridge United.

In Sky Bet League 1, Ross Etheridge was not involved in Crewe Alexandra?s matchday squad as they fell to a 2-0 defeat away Barnsley.

Mark O?Brien was also not involved as Motherwell fell to a 1-0 defeat at home to Dundee ? a defeat that sent the Fir Park Club to the foot of the Scottish Premier.
post #29 of 171 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2015, 17:31 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Good to see Calero getting some games.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #30 of 171 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2015, 04:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

2-1 win over Brighton last night, callum guy and kwame thomas scoring. Johnny Russell played 60 minutes and raul albentosa 90, so both should be pushing to be in the squad at the weekend.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #31 of 171 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2015, 09:15
Premier Player

Think I heard winning this game would put us top of the league?

Good to see Russell and Albentosa play, getting close to being back at full strength, hopefully it stays that way.
post #32 of 171 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2015, 16:51 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Indeed, not just top of the league, but top of the leagues

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #33 of 171 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2015, 23:55
Premier Player

Lost tonight in the semi final of the premier league cup or something to Southampton, 4-2. Shame they never made the final, but been a good season for the u21's.
post #34 of 171 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2015, 04:48 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Shame, would have been nice to see them get to the final. Koblenz and Guy scored the goals and Calero missed a penalty. Good effort though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #35 of 171 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2015, 17:59
Premier Player

Farrend Rawson played the full game on his Rotherham debut after joining them on loan. Helped Rotherham keep a clean sheet in a 2-0 win over Huddersfield. I know he's highly rated, so why no thought of hiving him a chance, not like the defence has been doing well.
post #36 of 171 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2015, 20:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hmmm with the way Captain Calamity has been playing, it would be great if Rawson can do well at Rotherham to push to be around the first team picture.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #37 of 171 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2015, 19:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Lee Glover admits that he was overwhelmed with pride after he watched Farrend Rawson make his Football League debut for Rotherham United from the stands at the weekend.

It should spur a lot of the lads on to emulate what he has done. He has been Captain of the Under 21 group this season and has led by example. "
Lee Glover

It was announced on Saturday that the Rams’ Under 21 Captain would be going on a 28-day youth loan to Derby’s fellow Sky Bet Championship rivals after a string of impressive display for Glover’s side this season.

The 18-year-old was thrown straight into the side and played the full game for the Millers in their crucial 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium.

Glover, Derby’s Senior Professional Development Coach, believes the defender’s success should ‘spur’ his fellow Under 21 team mates on to emulate him and believes his move to the Millers will stand him in good stead for the future.

Glover told dcfc.co.uk: “It happened late on Friday night and I was over the moon with it.

“I went to the game on Saturday, I spoke to Steve Evans and Farrend acquitted himself excellently.

“He was very, very good on the day and everyone is so pleased for him. I have been at Derby for a few years now and he has been in the building with us right from the word go.

“He has learned so much, he has got a great attitude and it’s great for the Under 21 group to see him go and play in a game like that.

“That should spur a lot of the lads on to try and emulate what he has done. He has been Captain of the Under 21 group this season and has led by example.

“His attitude and application for every game has been first class.

“That will stand him in good stead and whilst he will come back into the Under 21 group, looking to the future, if he keeps listening, learning and working as hard as he has done, then he has got a bright future ahead of him.

image: http://www.dcfc.co.uk/cms_images/pla...29-2320975.jpg

“I’m not surprised that he has been given this opportunity considering the circumstances at Rotherham and that they have a few injuries.

“I am surprised, though, that it has come this early for him. He is one for the future and he is showing signs of maturity.

“He is a solid centre back, he understands his role and what he likes to do is head and kick the ball and I see signs that he is going to have a good future in the game."

He added: “The gaffer will be delighted with it, but I am over the moon. I have worked with Farrend for six years.

“Darren (Wassall) brought all of this coaching team in and we have been working with these lads day in, day out now.

“When you see them go on and play for the first team you are over the moon and when you see them go and get a game like Farrend did at Championship level on Saturday, it is a great feeling.

“It is delightful to see these players develop and grow and everyone at the whole club is immensely pleased and proud for him.”

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #38 of 171 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2015, 08:58
Premier Player

Will be interesting to see how he does this weekend.
post #39 of 171 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2015, 19:09 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rhys Sharpe has gone on a months loan to league 2 Shrewsbury Town. Burtons rival for the league 2 title, so don't do too well

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #40 of 171 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2015, 10:44 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Another full 90 minutes for Rawson at Rotherham, I know Tom Naylor played for Burton as well.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in