Derby County 2014-15 Season - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 567 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2014, 17:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Derby County 2014-15 Season

Unfortunately this forum doesn't seem as active as in the last few seasons, I've been paying attention to the club but not many posters but with the team on such a flying run of form, including a 5:0 victory over Wolves I decided to open a thread

A little more than 1/3 of the season is complete and Derby are top of the Championship heading into the November international break. The top of the league is still tight though with 1st-10th separated by only 6 points. Derby have been real impressive all season, have the joint best attack in the league and Chris Martin is the top scorer in the league

McClaren has done a very good job since his hire and I believe Derby are in good shape for promotion

My only complaint is the ugly kit sponsor which has been a problem for a few seasons now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 567 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2014, 17:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Is Will Hughes the player Liverpool were interested in? How has he been performing?

By the way, is it surprising Bournemouth are so high in the standings? They're not really a club I'm familiar with. Have they ever been present in the Premier League? The only player in their team I know is Boruc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #3 of 567 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2014, 17:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

yeah Will Hughes is considered a big prospect, he plays for the England U21s as well, saw him play against the Croatia U21s in the playoffs. I don't get to see Derby much as not many matches are streamed, today's was as it was an early kickoff.

Bournemouth have a decent, young perspective manager and a Russian owner but not sure how wealthy he is, they really haven't put too much money into the club They have never been in the top flight in any era

post #4 of 567 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2014, 13:00
Seasiders
Rising Star

Teams: blackpool
I watched your game against Wolves on the TV and very impressive 5-0 win

you look good to win the league
post #5 of 567 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2014, 16:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby win in Watford and open up a three point lead on the rest of the chasing pack after Bournemouth and Middlesbrough both dropped points :thmbup:

Next up is struggling Leeds away and the games upcoming are mostly against the top half of the league (Middlesbrough, Norwich in early December)
post #6 of 567 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2014, 17:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby recover from their defeat at Leeds with a pretty comfortable win over Brighton and they remain on top of the Championship table with the surprising Ipswich only one point back

Next up for the Rams is a big matchup away to Middlesbrough, early kickoff so I will be able to stream it. Middlesbrough are one of the in form teams and imo one of the candidates for automatic promotion
post #7 of 567 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2014, 09:09
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
For the first time in my lifetime I honestly expect us to win the league. I said it from the start, and have seen nothing to change my mind. Big game away at boro next up who I think are our biggest challenge to the title, though Ipswich are a big surprise this season.

Regarding Bournemouth, I'm a huge fan if them and Eddie Howe, not spent much money but created a philosophy of playing football the right way, similar to Swansea did, other than derby of course, would love them to go up.
post #8 of 567 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 14:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Not a good performance in Middlesbrough, 2:0 defeat with Bamford scoring for them and Shotton getting sent off in the 2nd half. By the end of the day Derby could fall out of the automatic promotion spots
post #9 of 567 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 16:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Is Hughes out of form? I thought he was one of your best players, though I'm not exactly familiar with your team. I'm just basing this on those Liverpool links Surprised to see him on the bench.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #10 of 567 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2014, 19:49
Premier Player

Really poor performance, Middlesbrough were very good at stopping us play, and we just didn't match their work rate, not for the first time this season. We're at our best when we press teams hard, that creates the space for us to play our attacking football. We don't seen to be getting the balance of the midfield right in away games. Sometimes eustace might be needed in midfield to toughen the side up a bit.

Regarding will Hughes, we have some very good players in midfield, there's 3 places and Hughes, mascarell, Hendrick, Bryson and Thorne when fit vying for them, and none of them are guaranteed a starting place all the time. Personally think Hughes should be in the side myself. When everyone's fit Thorne Hughes and Bryson gives the best balance to the side.
post #11 of 567 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2014, 17:37
Premier Player

Quarter final of the league cup tonight, home to Chelsea, looking forward to see how we play in this one.
post #12 of 567 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2014, 06:17
Premier Player

3-1 defeat against a very strong chelsea team, we were having a good spell going into the last 15 or so minutes with the score at 2-1. Jordan ibe causing them problems down the left side, but a red card for jake Buxton finished our challenge and Chelsea got a third goal. Proud of the performance in general though.
post #13 of 567 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 10:10
Premier Player

Back to the league, home game against Norwich, tough game there back in a bit of form, but our home form is excellent, so must be looking for a big 3 points today.
post #14 of 567 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 16:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

2:2 draw with Norwich, conceding a late goal to share the points. The result sees Derby slide to 5th but still within one result of the top 2. Bournemouth scoring goals like crazy this season albeit today they played Blackpool
post #15 of 567 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 09:07
Premier Player

Disappointing to concede so late in the game, and we should have had a free kick in the build up to the goal for blatant handball. But Norwich deserved the point really.
post #16 of 567 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2014, 17:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

easy win over Birmingham City but all the promotion candidates (minus Brentford) won today as well. Next up is struggling Leeds at home on Tuesday
post #17 of 567 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2014, 10:38
Premier Player

Very good performance at a much improved and in form Birmingham, john eustace back in the side made a big difference, he doesn't have the ability of our other midfielders but he protects our vulnerable defence so well.

Yes big wins alround at the top any of us Bournemouth Ipswich Norwich Middlesbrough could win this league, it's going to be close I think.
post #18 of 567 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2014, 16:46
Premier Player

Bournemouth won again yesterday, though Norwich and Middlesbrough dropped points. We play Leeds tomorrow night. Need another ruthless performance!
post #19 of 567 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2014, 20:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

You got it.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #20 of 567 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2014, 20:55
Xtratime Legend

Well hasn't been ruthless, struggled until that own goal. Damn Leeds are bad side.

Œuvres complčtes de Fikret Smiljanić

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in