Preseason - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2011, 07:09 Thread Starter
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED, Shillong Lajong FC.
Preseason

Morecombe 1-1 Derby County Lauerence Wilson converted from the spot to drew for Morecombe. The Rams got the opener after Nick Fenton put the ball in his own net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
She told me again she loves me , and I said I love myself too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2011, 15:42 Thread Starter
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

23-07-2011
DERBY XI 4-0 EASTWOOD TOWN
A Derby County XI team convincely beat Eastwood Town by four goals to nil which featured a brace from Theo Robinson. Stefan Galinski and Callum Ball scored one each

Quote:
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2011, 05:31 Thread Starter
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

PRESEASON FIXTURES AND RESULTS

Sat 16 July
vs
Burton Albion
3-1

Tues 19 July
vs
Macclesfield Town
2-2

Fri 22 July
A
Morecambe
1-1

Tues 26 July
vs
Crewe Alex
1-2
7:30pm

Sat 30 July
vs
Exeter City
3pm
0-1
Wed 3 Aug
vs
Aston Villa
2-0
7:45pm

Quote:

Last edited by HOMESMOINA!; August 4th, 2011 at 01:22. Reason: Wotka

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2011, 05:55
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Are you a Derby fan homes?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2011, 05:58 Thread Starter
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
Are you a Derby fan homes?
no just trying to revive these forums.

Quote:
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2011, 20:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
thanks...I haven't really paid attention to Derby during the off season, too busy right now but I'll be sure to post more during the season :thmbup:
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2011, 04:39 Thread Starter
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

DERBY VS ALEX 1-2

DANNY Shelley produced a piece of pure magic to keep Crewe's plans for the new season nicely on track.

The impressive midfielder rifled home an unstoppable effort from fully 30 yards as Dario Gradi's men came from behind to beat Championship side Derby.

Former Stoke City defender Chris Riggott had earlier marked his debut by slamming the Rams in front, only for Byron Moore to level matters five minutes later.

The result was sweet for Alex, who maintained their unbeaten pre-season record in the penultimate warm-up game. And there were certainly plenty of positives for the home side – not the least of which was how they coped with County's passing and movement, which was a problem, particularly during the first half.

Nigel Clough's side provided Crewe's toughest work-out of the summer, and keeper Steve Phillips was forced to produce a string of outstanding saves. But Alex showed plenty of spirit with an improved second-half effort and stuck to their task well when under pressure.

Derby dominated for much of the first half and new signing Nathan Tyson squandered a presentable chance to put them in front when he rifled a left-foot drive well over.

Trialist Chris Hogg got involved with a meaty challenge as the Rams raided again, but Crewe should have taken the lead soon after. Shelley's superb diagonal ball played in Moore, but the winger dragged his shot badly wide.

Derby continued to hold the advantage and when Jamie Ward got the better of Hogg down the left, Matt Tootle did well to get across and clear off the line at the far post.

The visitors did take the lead their early enterprise deserved after 15 minutes. The Alex defence failed to deal with a routine corner from the left and the lurking Riggott was given time to ram the ball into the roof of the net.

But Crewe hit back four minutes later. Moore found a surprising amount of space deep in the Derby half and nutmegged a covering defender before racing on to the loose ball and slamming in a shot which found the net off keeper Frank Fielding's arm.

Goalkeeper Phillips prevented his side from falling behind almost immediately with a spectacular flying save to keep out a long-range pile-driver from Ward. And the stopper was in action again soon after, this time blocking a Tyson effort.

Derby went closer still on 28 minutes, when Scottish livewire Chris Maguire diverted a low cross against the foot of a post with Phillips beaten.

The visitors continued to dominate long passages of play, but Ashley Westwood showed Crewe were not going to lie down with a vicious shot from range that was tipped over the bar by Fielding.

Crewe were off to a rip-roaring start to the second half. There seemed little on when Shelley received the ball in space 30 yards out, so the midfielder let fly with a screamer which found the top corner of Fielding's net.

Crewe surged forward again when Tootle's rare foray forward was halted by a crude challenge from Russell Anderson. But Shelley couldn't repeat the trick and his free-kick was deflected over.

Hogg, showing a handy habit of being in the right place at the right time, produced a timely tackle to deny Tyson at the other end.

Alex, closing down quicker in the centre of the park, were now much more in the game and went close again, after a brilliant move, on 58 minutes.

Westwood ended a long run forward by finding teenage substitute Nick Powell on the left and his quality delivery put Shaun Miller in on goal, only for Fielding to block his close-range effort.

Rampaging Ram Tyson forced Phillips into another decent block at his near post as Derby showed their teeth once more, but the visitors had lost their early fluency.

Alex boss Dario Gradi made a raft of substitutions just after the hour mark, with first-year professionals Antoni Sarcevic, Ajay Leitch-Smith, Max Clayton, George Ray and Casper Hughes all given a run out.

The visitors pressed forward in search of a leveller and Phillips had to be at his best yet again, this time producing a diving save to deny Ben Davies from 14 yards.

The returning John Brayford poked just wide and man-of-the-match Phillips leapt to his left to turn away a Davies free-kick before Clayton went on a late run which ended with a long-range shot held by Fielding.

Crewe Alex: Phillips, Davis, Artell (Dugdale 78), Hogg (Ray 64), Tootle, Moore (Clayton 64), Bell (Sarcevic 64), Westwood, Murphy (Powell 46), Shelley (Hughes 64), Miller (Leitch-Smith 64).

Not used: Martin, Turton.

Derby County: Fielding, Brayford, Riggott (O'Brien 46), Anderson, Roberts (Cwyka 78), Pearson (B Davies 18), Doyle (Croft 72), Maguire, S Davies, Tyson (Ball 62), Ward (Robinson 62).

Not used: Legzdins.

Referee: S Rushton (Staffs).

Attendance: 2,063

Quote:
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2011, 19:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

1:0 loss to Exeter, has not been a good pre-season results wise

Derby have one more pre-season match against Aston Villa on Wednesday in Pride Park before their season kicks off on Saturday against Birmingham
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2011, 10:26 Thread Starter
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It was a bad loss despite a fairly good amount of possession.

Quote:
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2011, 23:07
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I suppose all the fuss and usual objectives of a pre-season program, It's hard to really judge how any team is going to do in the season but you can't help but feel a sense of deju vu when it comes to our results we have seen so far.

With only one win against all teams below us in the league pyramid, I guess the general reaction is to be one of either
- non-interest and a instant rejection of any of the signings to gel into the side, and Clough being very naive with the players that he has signed, and also a lack of 'real' investment by the board to bring in any real 'quality' of players.

or

- its merely about fitness, forget about everything, the aim of pre-season is to get the players fit for a week on Saturday for the start of the season, and a sense of real optimism about the new season, and the sense of 'unknown' of how the players are going to perform.

I suppose supporting Derby for all my life, I've always been wary of both view points but can really appreciate and understand both. The 'notion' that you judge a team on pre-season entirely is wholey false, as I re-call Newcastle in their promotion year, getting beat 7-0 by Leyton Orient in a friendly, which goes to prove you can't judge a team whatsoever by results.

But in saying that, I am slightly concerned about the lack of any 'real' quality players, I mean the signings we have made are what you call 'standard'......Hardly anyone to make you go racing to say yes Derby are going to be up there come the end of the season

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2011, 16:59 Thread Starter
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos View Post
I suppose all the fuss and usual objectives of a pre-season program, It's hard to really judge how any team is going to do in the season but you can't help but feel a sense of deju vu when it comes to our results we have seen so far.

With only one win against all teams below us in the league pyramid, I guess the general reaction is to be one of either
- non-interest and a instant rejection of any of the signings to gel into the side, and Clough being very naive with the players that he has signed, and also a lack of 'real' investment by the board to bring in any real 'quality' of players.

or

- its merely about fitness, forget about everything, the aim of pre-season is to get the players fit for a week on Saturday for the start of the season, and a sense of real optimism about the new season, and the sense of 'unknown' of how the players are going to perform.

I suppose supporting Derby for all my life, I've always been wary of both view points but can really appreciate and understand both. The 'notion' that you judge a team on pre-season entirely is wholey false, as I re-call Newcastle in their promotion year, getting beat 7-0 by Leyton Orient in a friendly, which goes to prove you can't judge a team whatsoever by results.

But in saying that, I am slightly concerned about the lack of any 'real' quality players, I mean the signings we have made are what you call 'standard'......Hardly anyone to make you go racing to say yes Derby are going to be up there come the end of the season
yes compared to Ipswich and West Ham is not enough.

Quote:
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:03 Thread Starter
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollymark View Post
This was Arsenal's first Asia tour since 1999 and the reception that players received both in Malaysia & China were phenomenal. I hope this amazing support shown by the Asian fans would have convinced Arsene & Gazidis to make more pre-season tours to Asia in the future.a season is the portion of one year in which regulated games of the sport are in session. For example, in Major League Baseball, one season lasts approximately from April 1 through October 1; in Association football, it is generally from August until May (although in some countries, especially those in Scandinavia, the season starts in the spring and finishes in the autumn due to the weather conditions encountered during the winter). A year can often be broken up into several distinct sections (sometimes themselves called seasons).
wrong forum.

Quote:
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:12
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
its been a poor pre season full of injuries, nothing ever changes.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2011, 21:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby beat Aston Villa 2:0 at Pride Park with Davies scoring both goals in what was the final tune-up prior to the season opener on Saturday against Birmingham

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in