Derby County Fixtures 2010-2011 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Derby County Fixtures 2010-2011

A new season for Derby and it starts in interesting fashion, an away trip to Leeds United on August 7. The opening match at Pride Park in a week later when the Rams face playoff final losers Cardiff City. Derby's first match with Forest is on December 28 where they play away, should be an exciting holiday period for you folks in Derby.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10270,00.html

Pre-season matches kick off July 17 against Burton Albion and they include home matches with Premiership sides Stoke City and Birmingham City
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2010, 22:49
0-1, Huth.
International

I've sticked this and unsticked the old one.

If Carlsberg did forum signatures......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!:
Nottingham Forest 2-5 Yeovil Town

May 2007
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 21:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Haven't really payed much attention to Derby County's offseason unfortunately but I will try to bring this forum up to date.

Derby Pre-Season
Burton Albion (A): 1:0 win
Southend (A): 1:1
Bournemouth (A): 3:3
Chesterfield (A): 5:4 win
Stoke City (H): 1:0 win
Birmingham (H): 2:1 loss

Seems like a good pre-season, though they conceded a lot of goals, though the results against the EPL sides look pretty good in general.

Derby have drawn Crewe Alexandria away in the Carling Cup first round

Derby have a pretty tough start to the season, with a visit to Leeds and Coventry and a home match against Cardiff all in the first month

post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2010, 11:05
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
The games on the telly later Be interesting to see how we go, not really sure what to expect, who will even play.

I work saturdays now too, so getting to any games is going to be hard, so look forward to seeing today. I don't fancy us to get anything, but i don't really know, not sure who Leeds have, really not been paying attention to pre season at all.
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2010, 19:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby win 2:1 at Elland Road :thmbup:

My stream wasn't great so I missed some parts of the game but from what I saw it was good. Commons was good and I hope we don't sell him soon. The guys worked hard and most importantly got an away win in the first match of the season, only three all of last season

A positive start, can't get too excited though, its only one game and we still are not sure how good Leeds will be in this division

btw, yellow shirts :thmbdown:

Last edited by HajdukSplit; August 8th, 2010 at 00:23.
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2010, 10:23
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal
You guys were far the better side going forward and deserved the win, your team passing from the back nice but they eventually overplayed due to the centre backs and keeper not being as comfortable, they need to be avoided in future as they were providing Leeds with their best hope of getting a goal before they gave up playing after half time and Schmeichel just kept launching it forward.
The two Crewe lads looked comfortable in possesion and the right back though caught out a few times by Sam's pace recovered well immediately and didnt panic which was a good sign.
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2010, 11:41
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well after the long awaited summer break (dis-regarding our awful showing at the world cup), Derby County were back to league action after a relatively low-key pre-season, in terms of bringing players in to the squad but off the back of some pretty decent pre-season performances went into the the Leeds game with some confidence.

After the usual pre-match build up on the BBC, the Revie vs Clough story and the Damned United etc etc, I was looking forward to see how this new look Derby team would shape up in this tricky first game fixture against the newly promoted Leeds team.

In terms of performance, I would argue thats one of the best attacking displays I have seen from us in a long while. Every time we attacked through Commons, Green and Hulse we looked like scoring which was very encouraging especially away from home

On the other hand though, defensively I still think without Barker we look very suspect against a pretty mediocre attacking Leeds outfit..it seemed when they came onto us we were found wanting, before Barker came on and played magnificently in the second half

In terms of the season as an whole...i'm very much with steel Neil on this one. I would like to see a massive improvement on last season, and maybe push into the top of the table, but as I've said in this league all you need is a 2 or 3 decent players in your team to play week in and week out and you can make the playoffs. Maybe if Commons, Green, Cywka and Hulse perform we have a legitmate shot but after one game, lets just enjoy the fact we beat leeds at Elland Road

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2010, 10:59
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post

btw, yellow shirts :thmbdown:
Traditional derby away colours mate, personally glad to see it back.
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2010, 11:12
Premier Player

Plenty of promise shown there, no doubt about it, it wasn't perfect for us to get overly excited, certainly overplaying at the back got us in to trouble a few times, but with clough wanting us to play that way its bound to happen especially at the moment with the less comfortable defenders, but i won't complain to much if we keep trying to pass the ball. The first real test will come infront of the home crowd against Cardiff knwing the derby fans as i do, sadly sideways and backwards passes and the odd mistakes will get jumped on by the numerous morons in the ground, hopefully our players can be strong and keep to their games.

The front 4 we're a joy to watch, if they can keep it up we can go far, but more tactically aware teams may look to stifle that attack, thats when the real test will come especially at home.

Also a mention for Bailey, this lad wasn't always in the crewe side last year, derby fans questioned the signing, crewe fans sais he wasn't good enough, lots of talk of just making up the money for Brayford (who also looked good) with his sell on clause causing crewe problems, but i for one thought he was fantastic, a few times he picked up loose balls or won the the ball around the edge of our area and made a pass out to feet or for people to run onto leaving our attacker favourite to win the ball. Sounds simple but when you've been watching useless cloggers lump it aimlessly for years it's a delight.

Cwyka looked good as well, seemed to get missed out alot with the praise, perhaps no-one can pronounce his name lol but numerous times ran at, and went passed people, as did green who was like a new signing, and commons we know what he can do.

Lastly Roberts, i thought started slightly shaky, but willing to pass the ball from the back and got stronger as the game went on. The defence is still the main concern, we need Barker fit and leading the line, and leacock will get better with games under his belt, leaving anderson as cover, so it aint to bad for this level.
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2010, 13:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
a good match generally, but i had predicted it to be more interesting tbh.
anyway, a good start for you.

congrats
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2010, 19:31
Premier Player

Well after the inevitable exit in the first round of the Carling cup to league two opposition, we turn our attentions back to the Championship against one of the teams tipped for the top, Cardiff City.

Going into the game...you would expect a much tougher and far more difficult than the Leeds game, as Cardiff came ever so close to getting to Premier League last season. However if my memory is right, our home record against Cardiff has been pretty decent since our time in the Championship .

In terms of a result tomorrow..I'm just hoping we can take our Leeds form into the game, and play on the front foot from the start, and not let Cardiff boss things and dictate the play. It frustrates me immensely when teams who are at home, don't go after the game from the start and get on the ball and pass and play.

We do have the players to start the game this way...in Green, Commons and Savage, without the needless long-ball game which everybody could do without all the time

Durks Prediction -
Derby County 2 -Cardiff City 1

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2010, 16:21
Premier Player

2-1 defeat, you'd think that wasn't the end of the world, most derby fans seem to disagree though. The new signings still look promising, but the defence still leaks sloppy goals, commons was poor which doesnt help us.

If we had 5 million to spend we could make a promotion winning side, but we don't so we're not going to be great every week, people just don't get this though and seem to expect miracles every week.
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2010, 17:37
Premier Player

I think I agree with the sentiment of what Jimbo is saying, but however you want to see good football or at least good football attempted to be played. Too many times in the past I've seen us go for the easy option all the time, of just knocking long balls up the lone man upfront just so he can flick it on to the oppositions center half!.

I think on the other hand, we must look at Cardiff and realize that they are a top team in this league, and in my mind will certainly be up there again when the season finishes. Unless this board really decides to back Clough and give him some money to spend then unfortunately I can see us in this bottom half again.

We have some decent players at the club at the moment, but my feeling is that we need some more 'decent' players to really make this a well-rounded squad and hopefully take the club forward

post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2010, 15:10
Premier Player

We played some half decent stuff against, and if we'd had got a point which wouldn't have been undeserved everything would be rosey, but a goalkeeper error and we miss our chances, and its all doom and gloom, no looking at the positives from some people.

Already injuries are squeezing us, Cwyka to miss the next game now. So not sure how we will line up against covenrty, we needed a couple of players in sharpish.
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2010, 14:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

2:1 loss at Coventry

shame, from what I watched (only the second half) Derby played decently and should have scored more than one goal. Coventry really scored on their one pure chance, Barker beaten in the air and Bywater's positioning was poor (he left his line for a moment and went back)

The positives I guess is Derby at times played well, good passing and its a shame Moxey missed that good chance when it was 1:1....but, its another loss and a slow start to the season which I worried about
post #16 of 91 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2010, 18:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

agree with what you, HajdukSplit

derby did well in the 2nd half and really was able to score more than 1 goal before conventry snatched the winning goal by the end of the 2nd half.
post #17 of 91 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2010, 13:27
Premier Player

We're playing better than last season, but not getting the results yet, we can only hope they come, but we need more striking options, especially with the injuries we already had.

We also need to cut the errors out at the back, doing that will take us a long way.
post #18 of 91 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2010, 16:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby blow a 2:0 lead to QPR in the final five minutes or so... Reminds me a lot of last season already when we conceded too many late goals and threw points away. This would have been a huge win for the Rams
post #19 of 91 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 00:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

it was a dramatic by the end of the match, you were the favourite to win it till the last minute, unbelievable.

i hate such ends of matches!
post #20 of 91 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2010, 10:04
Premier Player

well. giving away sloppy goals is still the main problem, but on refection we have to be positive, completely bossed the game, against a team who hadn't even conceeded a goal before this match.

The team is playing so well, James Bailey is a revelation, but this is a very young side, average age of 24 on saturday including savage at 35, and roberts 30 something. We are also creating lots of chances, and scoring lots of goals without even having a striker on the pitch.

If we can keep going and keep these young players, and add a few more along the way good things will come eventually, but it will take time, they have a lot to learn, like was shown on saturday, like how to close a game out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in